Hydaelyn Role-Players
Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles (/showthread.php?tid=11988)

Pages: 1 2 3

Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Leomoon - 06-09-2015

I just started playing ESO for the PS4 and I have to say its one of the worst MMO's on a console. There is no text chat, there is not HUD for materials (mining, gathering and such), the frame rate dips below 30 in mine cities and some time when there is combat but I was dropping frames inside a Blacksmith's shop trying to make armor.

The inventory is also a little jacket with you being able to first hold 60 items in the start I had some sacks with maps in them and when I opened them they loaded mt inventory with loads of treasure with stuff I could not go get for a while, so for a long time I had 40/60 slots full. There is no way to view recipes such as alchemy, cooking, weapon or armor smiting in the console version unless you are at a station to craft them.

the only good part I saw was the fact there was a large amount of emots yet unless you are on a PC version its not useful, If your going to get ESO get it on Pc getting it on PS4 or Xbone is useless and a wast of cash unless.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Aaron - 06-09-2015

Good thing I followed instinct when the original ESO was announced. 

I was like "10 bucks this game will be shit. I have no evidence,  I just feel it."

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Leomoon - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 05:28 PM)Aaron Wrote: Good thing I followed instinct when the original ESO was announced. 

I was like "10 bucks this game will be shit. I have no evidence,  I just feel it."
On Pc I bet its much better but when I played it simply having no text chat in a MMO yanks my chain in a wrong way.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Chris Ganale - 06-09-2015

Yeah, I figured that sticking with XIV would be the better idea. I've not been proven wrong.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - TheLastCandle - 06-09-2015

I had no idea there was no keyboard support in the console version. That's not exactly conducive to fostering any sort of meaningful community.

Then again, from what I recall the Daggerfall general chat was worse than Mor Dhona and Coerthas /shout combined, so...

(06-09-2015, 05:50 PM)Leomoon Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 05:28 PM)Aaron Wrote: Good thing I followed instinct when the original ESO was announced. 

On Pc I bet its much better but when I played it simply having no text chat in a MMO yanks my chain in a wrong way.

I pretty much blindly preordered the PC version and felt pretty burned on receiving the final product. Most of my grievances have been fixed now though, and since it's gone F2P for anyone who bought the software, I feel generally okay with my purchase. I've had fun playing it with some friends who don't wish to spend money on subscriptions.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Dogberry - 06-09-2015

My wife works for ZOS so all I have to say is BUY ESO GIVE ZENIMAX YOUR MONEY PLEASE SPEND LOTS AT THE CASH SHOP SUPPORT THE DOGBERRY AND HIS WIFE HAVING BABIES FUND

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Arrelaine - 06-09-2015

I, sadly, bought the CE for this game on the PC.

...at least I'm a fan of TES and liked the physical CE things more than the game. Molag Bal still resides with Anduin and Garalt killing a gryphon on a shelf.

I drop in now and then to dick around when FF is undergoing maintenance, or just to play with friends. I don't RP there because it's an exercise in futility, but my character is basically Ragnar of Lothbrok which is pretty cool I guess.

Show Content

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Aaron - 06-09-2015

What if this ESO is the new XI

AND THE NEXT WILL BE LIKE ARR

(06-09-2015, 06:11 PM)Aaron Wrote: What if this ESO is the new XI

AND THE NEXT WILL BE LIKE ARR

Not very many people thought Yoshida and his team could pull off what they did with ARR. I'm sure a LOT of struggling MMOs would love to replicate the kind of success they have achieved here.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - SicketySix - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 05:50 PM)Leomoon Wrote:

You'd be sadly mistaken, it's quite medicore by others standards on a PC, and downright atrocious by mine.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Addison - 06-09-2015

ESO, in general, is a passable MMO.

As a TES game, however, it sorely misses the mark. And that's my biggest disappointment.

That and the PvP, which was hyped to be 'revolutionary.'

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Qhora Bajihri - 06-09-2015

I enjoyed the beta, but not enough to quit what I was already playing at the time, which I think was GW2? So yeah. I certainly never tried it on a console, but if it worked well enough to entertain on PC and was just a hot mess on console, that's got to be disappointing.

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Rahal - 06-09-2015

I remember playing with Beta with Nako and good god it was awful back then. Everything instanced and you frequently get stuck on different instances to your friends. I remember the average session went like this>

"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Nako? Where are you?"
"Reiko? Where are you?"
"Okay I see an arrow, where are you Nako?"
"I see your arrow too, where are you Reiko?"
"Want to play something else?"
"Yep!"

RE: Elderscrolls online is useless on consoles - Cato - 06-09-2015

I had high hopes for ESO yet it ended up being a major disappointment for me. Despite the wealth of intriguing lore available to exploit the developers saw fit to create incredibly dull factions that didn't make a whole lot of sense and were designed purely for the sake of poorly justifying PvP.

It was the perfect opportunity to get a faction in an MMO that wasn't a human circle jerk. We could have had a wonderfully gritty faction dominated by the Dunmer or Altmer - but instead the Dunmer were shunned in favour of Nords (understandably to appease those who only got into the franchise with Skyrim) and the Altmer...had everything unique about them stripped away by the developers making the stereotypical Altmer into villains and putting a twenty something human-with-long-ears in charge of what was marketed as the 'elven' faction.

My partner and I almost gave up on MMO's altogether as a result. Thankfully FFXIV has proven worthwhile and keeps us both happy.

It does have redeeming qualities and I enjoyed some of the quests but...it doesn't help that it was ridiculously hard to organise role-play and we never got the promised filter to help us locate other role-players without adding them to our list of in-game friends.