Hydaelyn Role-Players
New here! Hiya! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New here! Hiya! (/showthread.php?tid=12011)

New here! Hiya! - DarkLaiX - 06-10-2015

I don't really know what to say so I'll just follow the template!

MMORPG Background
I've mostly done F2P games such as Angels Online, played that for a few years, then I moved to Perfect World for a bit, but then I found a home in Tera. I stayed there for about a year before becoming frustrated with the community and the elitist attitude so then I made the switch to FFXIV and haven't regretted it since!

RP Experience:
I've done RP since middle school (I'm 22 now) and I love it. I love writing, so this is where I let my creativity out. I've roleplayed on forums, roleplayed a little on Tera in the RP server.

Character Ideas/Info
I usually just make angry characters. They're always cold and only nice to people they're close with. I experiment with different personality times, but this just seems to be my fallback character, haha. Don't really know the kind of character I'll make for RP though since I haven't made them yet.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I think light to start off with, but I definitely wouldn't mind being medium or heavy if I could see what kind of rp comes out of each option. I'm not very picky either.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Final year of college as a computer science major, love to code for fun, and I'm fluent in Java and Python (although I really need to practice. Summer is the worst)

RE: New here! Hiya! - Arter Wood - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 08:31 PM)DarkLaiX Wrote: --Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Final year of college as a computer science major, love to code for fun, and I'm fluent in Java and Python (although I really need to practice. Summer is the worst)
What do you do for practice? Do you work on projects or look up challenges online?

If you have projects, do you love doing them?

Welcome to the club!
[Image: breakfast-club-sunglasses.gif]

RE: New here! Hiya! - DarkLaiX - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 08:55 PM)Gustave Moreau Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 08:31 PM)DarkLaiX Wrote: --Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
What do you do for practice? Do you work on projects or look up challenges online?

If you have projects, do you love doing them?

Welcome to the club!
[Image: breakfast-club-sunglasses.gif]
I usually just do random things I can think of, although currently I'm planning out a video game with Python. It's...a lot harder than I thought and I've completely avoided it xD

RE: New here! Hiya! - Arter Wood - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 09:11 PM)DarkLaiX Wrote: I usually just do random things I can think of, although currently I'm planning out a video game with Python. It's...a lot harder than I thought and I've completely avoided it xD
Good. The best practice is through projects that you love doing, like making that video game. [sup]but you're avoiding it >:U[/sup]

Doing some quiz online or something like that won't help you one bit.