Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Heavensward is about to get more accessable (/showthread.php?tid=12014)

Pages: 1 2

Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Spethah - 06-10-2015

SAUCY SOURCE

"There are two parts to this. The first is that parties can now enter a dungeon with fewer than the needed number of players, just by selecting an a new Duty Finder option. This option will not replenish party members and will also disable item level syncing, allowing people to potentially steamroll through content with higher leveled friends.

Just for clarification, using this system will not remove the item drops, therefore you can use this feature to obtain minions, equipment for glamour, and the items needed to upgrade Zodiac weapons. 

Additionally, there is no item level sync, so you'll be able to enter content at the highest level and item level. 

On the other hand, if you are looking for more of a challenge, then you can use another feature which will sync to the lowest level set for that duty. 

The development team is looking forward to seeing how everyone will use these new feature to create your own unique challenges and group events. They plan on using what they see as reference for future development."

So for those complaining that they'll never get MSQ instances done or get a level 50 dungeon done, get some friends and get in there with the new system they're putting in. There is no excuse for new players to not be able to get through MSQ content other than "But mom, I got no friends and I'm forever alone and I'll never put myself in a Free Company.". Yes, while it means you won't get the full experience like if you had it synced down, it does mean a few level 60s can kill Lambbread and Old Grampa and Ice Booty so you don't have to sit in a never ending queue.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Chris Ganale - 06-10-2015

It'll be just like TOR! \o/

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Aduu Avagnar - 06-10-2015

I'm going to be waiting till ilvl is sufficient to beat Twintania solo as a WAR.... XD

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Chris Ganale - 06-10-2015

Haha, my FC is engaged in a lively debate right now about its applicability to coil.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Erik Mynhier - 06-10-2015

The RWs have been talking about this for the last week since the news dropped. Planning has already started for some interesting ic runs of curtain content for rp. Also I am planning a revenge run solo for 1000 Maw as that dungeon has pissed me off more then once.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Aaron - 06-10-2015

/runs Mog Ex solo just to see what happens

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Blue - 06-11-2015

I remember them saying that this would apply for under-50 dungeons, and that they were considering allowing 7-men Coil. Dunno about everything else. Either way, new players will need to go do those things when their level and ilvl will be much higher than what those dungeons' spoils give.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Spethah - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 12:14 AM)Blue Wrote: I remember them saying that this would apply for under-50 dungeons, and that they were considering allowing 7-men Coil. Dunno about everything else. Either way, new players will need to go do those things when their level and ilvl will be much higher than what those dungeons' spoils give.

You got source on that because all I'm seeing from multiple sites is that it's all A Realm Reborn content and just to 2.55.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Blue - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 05:58 AM)Septha Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 12:14 AM)Blue Wrote: I remember them saying that this would apply for under-50 dungeons, and that they were considering allowing 7-men Coil. Dunno about everything else. Either way, new players will need to go do those things when their level and ilvl will be much higher than what those dungeons' spoils give.

You got source on that because all I'm seeing from multiple sites is that it's all A Realm Reborn content and just to 2.55.

It was in one of the first interviews, where Yoshida was talking of this feature as an "idea" and not something that was actually being worked on already, when someone questioned him about the risk of older content getting unpopular. I'd have to look it up again, but there's so many it's probably not worth it at this point. It's not like it's a big deal, since we'll find out soon.

However, I do not remember any specific mention that this feature would be possible on ALL content, either.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Fox - 06-11-2015

Oh yeah, my FC and I were discussing this as well a bit ago. But I didn't know about the fact that you can sync down now. That'll be fun.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Kage - 06-11-2015

The ability to go into old content with less than the require light or full party is done through the duty finder supposedly. Check this box and you don't search for what is needed. No level sync go in with i130 all alone and destroy whatever etc.

It was pointed out when the news was shared that this was part of what makes the ARR content extremely trivial to get through

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Steel Wolf - 06-11-2015

Welp, this pretty much buries my own concerns about new arrivals to the game being gated. Sure, the bars are still there, but they're a lot more bendable. Which is good.

I less-than-three this move.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Dante Abigor - 06-11-2015

This news still makes me moist.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - Warren Castille - 06-11-2015

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm.

RE: Heavensward is about to get more accessable - shotgunbadger - 06-11-2015

That's a just plain excellent QoL change in general.