Hydaelyn Role-Players
To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers (/showthread.php?tid=12027)

Pages: 1 2

To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Zelmanov - 06-11-2015

This is more to sate my own curiosity if anything. My current perception at the moment is that a majority of Ishgardians are combatant roles, be it templar or Dragoon or rank and file. This is understandable in times of war but we also see a good deal of "civilian" NPCS milling about Coerthas (notably many females but that's aside the point) and a lot the civillian RP'ers are deserters/declared heretics.

so my question is, do you plan to RP a more mundane character upon the gates opening in Heavensward since you'll have an actual region to hang out in?

If my question seems strange, I just want to put it in context to Ul'dah. Not EVERYONE is a sultansworn or Brass Blade, all sorts of life are there, granted Ishgard may be more constrained but I am curious if the population will even out.

Not a complaint or anything, just musing.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Aya - 06-11-2015

Aya's definitely a non-combatant, and an Ishgardian.  Where she ends up during Heavensward is still wide open though.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Siha - 06-11-2015

Personally I don't, I'm really looking for some combat which a lot might be with the whole theme of Ishgard right now! BUT that being said, there has to be non combatants and definitely will be I'm sure, everyone has families and they can't all be fighters! Well...not yet. Who knows, maybe that's a requirement due to how strenuous the war is. (That's mostly a joke. I'm not good at lore. Don't bite me. DSmile Plus there are a lot of wonderful people on this forum that really like to explore the more 'mundane' rolls, which aren't really mundane at all in most cases, and they make them great. So if people intend to, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

It's a good question though! I look forward to reading responses!

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - LiadansWhisper - 06-11-2015

Liadan heals people.  I recommend you don't hand her any sharp weapons, as she's far more likely to accidentally stab herself than to stab anyone else.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - thesunalsorises - 06-11-2015

Ophelie's a non-combatant and from Ishgard, though whether or no she's actually in Ishgard for Heavensward will have to wait. I'm pretty sure there's a few people out there who play Astrologians, minor nobles, clergy and such.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Blue - 06-11-2015

Long as I don't see any happy party event happening in Ishgard (I've wanted a dark/tragic RP hub for over a year, gimme!), I'm fine with whatever people choose to roll for their characters.

(06-11-2015, 04:32 PM)Blue Wrote: Long as I don't see any happy party event happening in Ishgard (I've wanted a dark/tragic RP hub for over a year, gimme!), I'm fine with whatever people choose to roll for their characters.
People live in Ishgard.  Its not some cliched city of utter grimdark tragedy.  If there were no celebration or fun in the city it would be utterly unbelievable as a setting.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Martiallais - 06-11-2015

Martiallais is a combatant, no doubts about it. Cool

I agree, given how nobles usually tend to be (aka far removed from what's really happening) in fantasy settings, I can imagine them putting on events here and there honestly. That or 'underground' parties of sorts, which would make sense if you compared it to WH40K (complete with optional heretics!).

(06-11-2015, 05:09 PM)Zarek Wrote: Martiallais is a combatant, no doubts about it. Cool

I agree, given how nobles usually tend to be (aka far removed from what's really happening) in fantasy settings, I can imagine them putting on events here and there honestly. That or 'underground' parties of sorts, which would make sense if you compared it to WH40K (complete with optional heretics!).
Aya knows where all of the underground parties are.. (or at least where they used to be!)  The nobles can have the snooty fun to themselves.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Nadine Marteau - 06-11-2015

I was talking to someone about this very thing last night, and I have a more complicated answer to this question than a simple 'yes' or 'no.'  Nadine is not a fighter by trade. She is a smith and inventor. She is not a mercenary for hire and only adventures as far as to retrieve materials for her trade or test her (primarily combat-related) inventions. That said, she is still able to handle herself in a fight and is trained enough in the use of weapons to defend herself or join a militia rally, and is actually pretty good with siege and artillery. More than that, she would not object to running active maintenance for a military unit that sees a lot of action. She's not afraid of leading a more dangerous life.

Ultimately, while she's not a primary combatant or a front-line fighter, she's not entirely a civilian as I would like to see her playing an active role in the Dragonsong War.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - TheLastCandle - 06-11-2015

*glances at Yvelont, the walking weapons arsenal, with sword, mace, axe, and spear at the ready*

:S Yeeeeah, combatant here.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Zelmanov - 06-11-2015

In response to the grim dark, Remember Ishgard is responsible for Valentione's day.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Uther - 06-11-2015

Uther's a combatant Ishgardian. 

Because we live in a world where anyone can drop into being a knight without any fuss. So that's what I did.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-11-2015

I think it only makes sense that most Ishgardians you see are rather 'Special Snowflakes'

Because if they weren't then they'd be in Ishgard still.

Once the gates open I think it will be easier to have more 'common' characters.

RE: To the prospective Ishgard RP'ers - Crisiet - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 05:56 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: In response to the grim dark, Remember Ishgard is responsible for Valentione's day.

Also the starlight celebration, iirc.

They have a lot of traditional festivals and stuff. It's a morale thing - Gotta keep the populace happy if they're going to endure all the awful stuff going on.