Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Warren Castille - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:07 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:07 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Hey, where did everyone get all this info about what it will or won't be? I'd love a source.

Today's E3 http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4/

Quote:Update: Final Fantasy VII Remake has been officially announced.

Original story: Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isn’t the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)

Note: Image from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-coming-to-playstation-4/#JPlEJgvcsefcbl6w.99

So where's the comment on it being a painted over port?

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edgar - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:01 PM)Ciel Wrote: SE just needs to do a full remake of 6 from the ground up and stop ignoring its potential.

Ahem.

Playstation, Game Boy Advance, Android/Iso.

FF6 is just as overrated.

Everyone's favorite games are shit and we can fully judge what this game will or will not be from a 90 second trailer.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cato - 06-15-2015

I'm ridiculously excited. I'm not even sure how to express myself properly since I've been disappointed so many times in the past but now it's finally happening!

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edda - 06-15-2015

Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port. If Square Enix can actually pull this off (hurrr >implying), then it will mean nothing but good news for the series. After the ass disaster that was FFXIII and it's ilk, SE has been much more responsive to fan feedback, and if they get enough thumbs up for revisiting and remaking older games, who's to stop them from doing more? Now get those rods out of your butts and be happy, I mean - it could have been a port to the iOS for Chrissake, and that would have been good cause to be upset.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-15-2015

Played it way back in the day, never finished it. I sincerely hope that this is a faithful remake, and not just a rushed rehashing by a second rate dev team. I'm sincerely weary of that story after twenty years of watching it overshadow every other entry in the series but I'm glad at all the money Square is going to make from it. It'll probably overshadow XV too, but what can you do. It was inevitable.

I'll grab it, play it. If it's done right than the story will be presented much better with the graphics it'll have. I want to see gameplay though.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Arter Wood - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port.

So if you were a fan of sim city, would you enjoy the one that was released in 2013? Oh, yay, new sim city! I hope it's g-- oh, it's .. [sup]trash.

[/sup]Just saying, your logic isn't thought through. Not all fans love everything.

Edit: Needless to say, my logic isn't the best either. Think of it as a port to a game you don't really care about, and you like others more.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Griffith! - 06-15-2015

I still want a legit HD remake of FFIV, rather than the abortive chibi version they keep releasing. A full-scale Cecil and Kain isn't too much to ask, is it?

But whatever. I absolutely will buy this, if only because I haven't played FFVII in, like, a decade. Still not the E3 news I'm most excited about though.

(06-15-2015, 10:22 PM)Arter Wood Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port.

So if you were a fan of sim city, would you enjoy the one that was released in 2013? Oh, yay, new sim city! I hope it's g-- oh, it's .. [sup]trash.

[/sup]Just saying, your logic isn't thought through. Not all fans love everything.

It's more like having had a Sim City 2000 remake revealed way back on the PS3, then finally seeing the remake announced an entire extra console generation later - All of the hope and excitement and ultimate realization that maybe the tech demo was really just a tech demo being unburied in the span of 1:30 - and then being told your excitement is wrong and bad because it wasn't a remake of SimAnt or SimCopter.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - cuideag - 06-15-2015

[Image: tumblr_inline_nq0livvJ8v1qdbes5_540.jpg]

I'm looking forward to it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-15-2015

If people aren't excited or even positively affected by the remake.

Please do /not/ post in a thread titled Final Fantasy 7 Remake especially if its in all caps. No one in this thread wants to hear any negative remarks. It's how petty arguments get started.

Just a little advice for future reference

(06-15-2015, 10:30 PM)Aaron Wrote: If people aren't excited or even positively affected by the remake.

Please do /not/ post in a thread titled Final Fantasy 7 Remake especially if its in all caps. No one in this thread wants to hear any negative remarks. It's how petty arguments get started.

I bet you liked SimAnt.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - U'roh Tia - 06-15-2015

I ave one thing to say, it will be represented in gif form.

Ahem...

[Image: its-happening.gif]

NOW GIVE ME A 4 REMAKE SQUARE! Seriously doh thanks square.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:31 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:30 PM)Aaron Wrote: If people aren't excited or even positively affected by the remake.

I bet you liked SimAnt.
I don't even know what that is lol. Am I a disgrace?  D:

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edgar - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port. If Square Enix can actually pull this off (hurrr >implying), then it will mean nothing but good news for the series. After the ass disaster that was FFXIII and it's ilk, SE has been much more responsive to fan feedback, and if they get enough thumbs up for revisiting and remaking older games, who's to stop them from doing more? Now get those rods out of your butts and be happy, I mean - it could have been a port to the iOS for Chrissake, and that would have been good cause to be upset.

I am excited. 

I expressed, very keenly, what my desire is and what my issues are with the title. If they throw in something as stupidly simple as a bonus dungeon or even go to town like they did with X/X-2 HD, I will adore the game. If FF7 is getting remade with the new engine for the sake of looks, I will be pissed because that is not enough to warrant such a huge asking price. It's a legitimate concern. You can't fault me for being realistic. 

Also, for the love of FUCK, can we stop referring to the individual development teams working on the many projects as Square Enix? Do you realize what you are implying? I'm fairly sure Naoki Yoshida did not develop FFXIII. And I'm quite certain the music for Kingdom Hearts was not composed by Nobuo Uematsu. There are different Dev teams behind these series, and I'm tired of hearing that "Squeenix" is the source of all the trouble. When you use a catch-all like that, you make it sound like everyone in the corporate proper is held accountable. And that's just not the case.Â