Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes (/showthread.php?tid=12127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Iex - 06-18-2015

Iex Moks

Would be mine, though given the nature of that particular Tribe is rather unusual, not sure if a tribe list really would work for it.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - K'nahli - 06-18-2015

I don't really think I understand the purpose of Mox members unless they actually meet in secret outside of occurrences where two tribes directly meet by coincidence.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - shotgunbadger - 06-18-2015

Yea they left Moks way too vague I think, I get wanting open ended stuff but you kinda can't just leave it as 'they hide in other tribes' because man that could mean anything at all.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Nero - 06-18-2015

I'm fairly certain that the intended irony of Moks tribes is that people who roleplay as Moks won't have Moks as their surname, they'd have the surname of whatever tribe they're infiltrating.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Melkire - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 05:30 PM)Nero Wrote: I'm fairly certain that the intended irony of Moks tribes is that people who roleplay as Moks won't have Moks as their surname, they'd have the surname of whatever tribe they're infiltrating.

Pffffff, f*** that. I'll be using the Moks surname and tagging my search edit info with the name of the clan I'm infiltrating. I think that'd work better than the other way around, since it'd more visible to other Moks Xaela that way. The Xaela clan one regularly RPs with should be fine with it OoCly, I'd expect.

Anyone breaking character to know that you're Moks when they haven't been told or found out ICly is, well... breaking character.

As for their purpose? INTELLIGENCE GATHERING. MOKS CONFIRMED FOR PLAYING THE LONG GAME. INFILTRATE, LEARN WEAKNESSES, SUBVERT OR CONQUER.

I would say they would give their tribe name as the tribe they are currently inside, but it would not change their actual tribe name. Such a case of person being a liar about the nameplate over their head.

My name is Bob Billy Boy.... ignore the Jeb Jeremy Jon above my head.

(06-18-2015, 05:33 PM)Iex Wrote: I would say they would give their tribe name as the tribe they are currently inside, but it would not change their actual tribe name. Such a case of person being a liar about the nameplate over their head.

People do this all the time already with aliases, though, especially people RPing criminals. How's this any different? Just curious. Undecided

*nameplate says Osric Melkire*

*Osric comes into one-on-one contact with someone he's never met before*

"Call me Thomys."

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Berrod Armstrong - 06-18-2015

Given the nature of Iex's story, I think using the name Moks openly is perfectly valid. Go for it!

(06-18-2015, 05:34 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 05:33 PM)Iex Wrote: I would say they would give their tribe name as the tribe they are currently inside, but it would not change their actual tribe name. Such a case of person being a liar about the nameplate over their head.

People do this all the time already with aliases, though. How's this any different?

*nameplate says Osric Melkire*

*Osric comes into one-on-one contact with someone he's never met before*

"Call me Thomys."

It isn't, was the point I was making, which is why I will have my Au Ra have his actual name not the tribe he is infiltrating. Whoops, not being clear while working.

Oh, my mistake then. Blush

Going to be rolling a Moks, myself, though... with some major caveats. Some of them potentially lore-breaking. All of them on the down low.

Looking forward to seeing other Xaela! Laugh

(06-18-2015, 05:32 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 05:30 PM)Nero Wrote: I'm fairly certain that the intended irony of Moks tribes is that people who roleplay as Moks won't have Moks as their surname, they'd have the surname of whatever tribe they're infiltrating.

Pffffff, f*** that. I'll be using the Moks surname and tagging my search edit info with the name of the clan I'm infiltrating. I think that'd work better than the other way around, since it'd more visible to other Moks Xaela that way. The Xaela clan one regularly RPs with should be fine with it OoCly, I'd expect.

Anyone breaking character to know that you're Moks when they haven't been told or found out ICly is, well... breaking character.

As for their purpose? INTELLIGENCE GATHERING. MOKS CONFIRMED FOR PLAYING THE LONG GAME. INFILTRATE, LEARN WEAKNESSES, SUBVERT OR CONQUER.

You see, at first glance I thought this was the idea! But it sounds like that they never know if they'll be able to interact with one another at all, let alone in a manner that somehow proves efficient!

Imagine two tribes meet for the first time in six months and one Mok secretly tells another that his tribe is getting particularly careless and arrogant with most retiring early each evening and few people keeping an eye out for nightly raids... is that other Mok supposed to say:

"Okay, good to know! I usually see Derek every year or two and if I tell him to pass on the message to Adam the next time he sees him, then he can probably find a way to let a few other people know and get their impression on what they think!" ?

Although maybe I am grossly overestimating the time discrepancies. Even so, there's no mention of how they behave in groups of their own and more importantly, if they even come together into their own groups at all. Imagine they conspire to kill off everyone from two tribes from the inside after a complete massacre. Do they just... become a Mok tribe for a while before trying to find their way into new tribes?

OH, also I guess this should mean that some smaller tribes are incredibly wary of letting other people in?

Edit:
Alsooooo... do you want to want to be added to any list, Iex and Melkire? Or would you rather be kept off the record?

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Liandri - 06-18-2015

Got a few PC's here for the Malaguld tribe.

Xharoa Malaguld (Hi, yes that's me).
Altansarnai Malaguld
Aidasi Malaguld
Yuka 'Dawnbringer' Malaguld

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Qadan - 06-18-2015

Hotgo for me, obviously. Moogle

This will be my first venture into roleplay in Eorzea (very much familiar with roleplay, though). Very much looking forward to it.

(06-18-2015, 05:52 PM)Qadan Hotgo Wrote: Hotgo for me, obviously. Moogle

This will be my first venture into roleplay in Eorzea (very much familiar with roleplay, though). Very much looking forward to it.

Ah! Welcome to both the forum and Xaela hype then!

*adds you right away*

Keep me off the record for now, please. At least until I can snag my desired Xaela name via name change.