Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=12169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion - Aduu Avagnar - 06-20-2015

during the initial Astrologian quest the following bit of text showed up and piqued my interest.

'have you learned nothing from the Nymians? the Amdapori? the Mcachi?'

given two of those three were involved in the war of the mages, could it therefore be that the other is the third as yet unamed one?

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Sounsyy - 06-20-2015

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh! =O
Damn being at work, I wanna playyyy.

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Sin - 06-20-2015

This is extremely exciting. Maybe we should have a spoilerific thread with things like this we pick up on.

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Maril - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 12:34 PM)Sin Wrote: This is extremely exciting. Maybe we should have a spoilerific thread with things like this we pick up on.

This is a good idea. I am keeping a lore-tracking thread on my FC's forum.  I have taken SO many screenshots of dialogue - which I keep on doing - which I then piece together in spoiler tags for later reference.

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Aduu Avagnar - 06-20-2015

Also, proof that not every job is the soul crystal teaching you: after you learn the skill for the mch quest line, it states that it is your tutor teaching you.

Drk doesnt chanel the void, it is closer to Warriors Inner Beast.

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Erik Mynhier - 06-20-2015

Dark quest so far is pretty interesting.

RE: name of the nation of Black Mages revealed? - Gegenji - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Nako Wrote: Also, proof that not every job is the soul crystal teaching you: after you learn the skill for the mch quest line, it states that it is your tutor teaching you.

It also states that your MCH "soul crystal" is artificial - and actually used as a sort of power source or something to the device that lets you weave aether into your shots.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Aduu Avagnar - 06-20-2015

Changed the title. Use this as a place to dump 3.0 lore

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Sin - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 01:42 PM)Nailah Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 12:34 PM)Sin Wrote: This is extremely exciting. Maybe we should have a spoilerific thread with things like this we pick up on.

This is a good idea. I am keeping a lore-tracking thread on my FC's forum.  I have taken SO many screenshots of dialogue - which I keep on doing - which I then piece together in spoiler tags for later reference.
I'd appreciate it if you shared some of those dialogues you found interesting. That'd be awesome.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Mercer - 06-20-2015

Show Content

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Leanne - 06-20-2015

Playing for 25 hours without stop, I came across some veeeery interesting things. Beware, this is spoiler heavy.

First of all, the fact that apparently all aevis are heretics that had drank of the dragon blood, thus attaining dragon form.

One of the major points of interest is that all ishgardians have trace of dreadwyrm blood running through their veins; the blood of Ratatoskr, sister of Nidhogg and Hraesvelgr. That makes them vulnerable to the dragon influence.

EDIT: Also, long long time ago, all manner of chocobos could fly. They lost the ability cause lack of necessity.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Aaron - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 04:05 PM)Oswin Wrote:
Show Content
..... Huh... looking at this I was rping a DRK without even knowing it with Aarons personality....

Interesting. ..

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Mercer - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 02:40 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Nako Wrote: Also, proof that not every job is the soul crystal teaching you: after you learn the skill for the mch quest line, it states that it is your tutor teaching you.

It also states that your MCH "soul crystal" is artificial - and actually used as a sort of power source or something to the device that lets you weave aether into your shots.

This is very interesting all by itself. If soul crystals can be artificially created it could open a lot of doors on different jobs and RP.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Virella - 06-20-2015

@ Leanna

My mind is blown currently

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Asmodean - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 04:13 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 04:05 PM)Oswin Wrote:
Show Content
..... Huh... looking at this I was rping a DRK without even knowing it with Aarons personality....

Interesting. ..
....well fuck....

This is more or less Asmodean and Moridin. >.>;;; I may have to find a way to make Asmodean a DRK at some point in time.