Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=12169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kage - 06-28-2015

[18:19]Matoya: When did the light fade from your eyes?
[18:19]Y'shtola: I might have known that it would not escape your notice. It has been this way since I returned from the Lifestream. An aftereffect of the teleportation magick I invoked, most like.
[18:19]Matoya: They are called “forbidden spells” for a reason. What were you thinking, girl?
[18:19]Y'shtola: I have no regrets. I but did what was necessary to preserve the light of hope─to keep my promise to Minfilia.
[18:19]Y'shtola: Besides, it afforded me the rare opportunity to wander the aether─a once in a lifetime experience.
[18:19]Matoya: I need not tell you that it consumes your very life force to see by sensing the aether around you. Take care of yourself, do you hear me?
[18:19]Y'shtola: I will, Master Matoya. And thank you.

So it may actually be the spell. Perhaps she's only slightly impaired. Perhaps everyone is wondering why she is getting by so easily and thinking "Oh well it seems like it's not a big deal." Also, it seems implied that Y'shtola doesn't expect everyone to notice it so easily.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kellach Woods - 06-28-2015

Odin would classify more as an Eikon than as a Primal (the distinction is made much more clear when you unlock Bismarck EX) in my opinion.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kage - 06-28-2015

It's also explained that in FFXIV it's much more the sword when you do the Hard Mode trial.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Ashe - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 09:18 PM)Asmodean Wrote: OK just... Let's just let that argument end, seeing as this discussion thread.

SO...... I'm I the only one questioning if Odin is really a primal based off of what Titamt said. I mean after all.... Odin seems more like something summoned by his sword (think the garuda sisters) making Zantetsuken more likely to being a primal. Also we have never seen any one praying for Odin.

It could mean the blade is real problem. Maybe as a stand in for the ultimate weapon that a hero might weld?
What if it's the players who pray for him to spawn so they can get their drops....hmmmmmm?
jkjk
Good point though.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Chris Ganale - 06-28-2015

If Odin is the embodiment of RNG, then I'm going to continuously murder his ass for not giving me the drops I want.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Asmodean - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 09:24 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Odin would classify more as an Eikon than as a Primal (the distinction is made much more clear when you unlock Bismarck EX) in my opinion.
I didn't notice a really different unlocking BEX. Kind of rushed it in the just have the damn thing unlocked so if you might fill me in I would very thankful. >.> Became a bit of habit I need to break myself of.

Also wasn't Eikon just what the Allagan and Garlean call Primals? From what I noticed them seem to just be what different groups call the same thing. A "to-may-to, to-mah-to" situation.

(06-28-2015, 09:25 PM)Kage Wrote: It's also explained that in FFXIV it's much more the sword when you do the Hard Mode trial.

>.> really need to still do that then. Still from what I heave heard is Zantetsuken is the problem and not the Man we fight. It just seems he may not be a primal like all the others unless the blade is one.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - allgivenover - 06-28-2015

Show Content

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kellach Woods - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 10:17 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I didn't notice a really different unlocking BEX. Kind of rushed it in the just have the damn thing unlocked so if you might fill me in I would very thankful. >.> Became a bit of habit I need to break myself of.

Also wasn't Eikon just what the Allagan and Garlean call Primals? From what I noticed them seem to just be what different groups call the same thing. A "to-may-to, to-mah-to" situation.

The kid you get the quest from explains that the Allagans used Eikon in a whole other context - such as the Warring Triad who are currently imprisoned and who the EX primals would try to free if left alone. They aren't actually (FROM WHAT WE ARE TOLD) borne of the beliefs of mortals + random source of power. Kinda like how dragons are aliens.

The Garleans just use it to refer to any primal because they think they're as cool as the Allagans.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Aaron - 06-28-2015

IM SO GLAD I NEVER PURSUED THAT QUESTLINE AFTER SHE TOOK IT

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kage - 06-29-2015

(06-28-2015, 10:57 PM)Aaron Wrote: IM SO GLAD I NEVER PURSUED THAT QUESTLINE AFTER SHE TOOK IT
... how do I pursue it cause Brict doesn't have another. >.>

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Sin - 06-29-2015

(06-28-2015, 10:26 PM)allgivenover Wrote:
Show Content

I did this quest right after Haurchefaunt.

Felt like I was getting kicked in the feels repeatedly.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Zyrusticae - 06-29-2015

If you go into those Allagan structures in Azys Lla, you'll find a bunch of tanks filled with dismembered dragon parts...

Show Content

It's an incredibly sordid display and truly exemplifies just how cruel and out-of-touch the Allagan people were before their fall. Even so, however, I couldn't help but wonder what exactly was their objective in experimenting with these parts...

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 01:18 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: If you go into those Allagan structures in Azys Lla, you'll find a bunch of tanks filled with dismembered dragon parts...

Show Content

It's an incredibly sordid display and truly exemplifies just how cruel and out-of-touch the Allagan people were before their fall. Even so, however, I couldn't help but wonder what exactly was their objective in experimenting with these parts...

Au Ra.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Kellach Woods - 06-29-2015

Or worse.

Dragonmorbols.

RE: [Spoilers] heavensward lore discussion - Aaron - 06-29-2015

They were trying to create Spyro.