Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interactive Storytelling Through a Blog - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Interactive Storytelling Through a Blog (/showthread.php?tid=12236)

Interactive Storytelling Through a Blog - Celsius - 06-23-2015

Hey guys!

So, I've been working on a personal project for a little while now, and I think I'm at the point where I'm more or less ready to start trying to spread the word about it. Aaaand as it's kinda-sorta RP like, I thought the community here would be a great place to start. 

So, basically, what I'm doing is writing a story through a blog network, utilizing several blogs written by various characters and a hub blog. Right now, there's only the hub blog and one character blog, but it will be expanding in the future - maybe even soon.

The idea is that on each character's blog, they can and will interact with the readers who can directly have a hand in the development and decision making of the characters. This basically means that the writers involved will be roleplaying their characters. However, the story will be ongoing and having an overarching plot in addition to each individual character's plot. 

Now, in addition to all of this, while the story is very much fantasy-style, it also is taking place in the real world. That is, not a setting of the real world, but the actual real world. Each and every character involved will be up to date on current events, current TV, current games, etc. - assuming it's within their character to know that stuff.

And even going further, they'll each be effected by the weather and events taking place in their locations. For example, the character that is currently being written resides in New York right now, so he would be effected by anything major going on in the city.

So... yeah! If you're interested, please check it out! The hub blog is here, and the character blog that's up right now is here. 

Also of note if you plan on reading it: There will be periodic posts on the hub blog when things happen that are better for typical prose style writing. These are labelled with their dates, so reading make sure to check those posts when you get to that point in the character blogs. 

If you have any questions or comments you can totally post em here. And if you like it and want to comment on the character blog, please do! It'll make things far more interesting~!

[Edit: Changed thread title to something more appropriate.]

RE: I'm trying something new! - Melkire - 06-23-2015

[Admin Hardhat]

Quick note that the OP did check with staff prior to posting and that this doesn't count as the sort of advertising that this site's rules prohibit.

[/Admin Hardhat]

RE: Interactive Storytelling Through a Blog - Brilliance - 06-30-2015

Huh, sounds interesting! I think I'd have to see it in action to understand how it works, however. The idea of it reminds me a little of the visual novel Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story. I'll keep this bookmarked Big Grin

RE: Interactive Storytelling Through a Blog - Celsius - 07-09-2015

Hey guys! 

Quick update (and shameless bump) - 

Daily updates are slowly becoming more and more of a reality, and the story is finally going to get really moving soon!

If anyone out there is interested at all, I'd really love to get some interactions started on Malak's blog if you guys wanna post Big Grin

I'd also love it if you could spread the word that this is a thing. Like, really love it.

Thanks!