Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yumiko Wakahisa - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Yumiko Wakahisa (/showthread.php?tid=12247)

Yumiko Wakahisa - Desmondio - 06-24-2015

While I wait at the gates of Balmung, I though I might tweek my desired character a bit.

[Image: yumiko_wakahisa_by_desmond_the_patient-d8yjc6h.png]

This is Yumiko Wakahisa.  I forgot exactly the meaning of her name, but it had to do with "Longevity"

Her age is unkown because I don't know the Au Ra lifespan.

She's somewhat of an inventor, the "Error and trial" kind, so she is or was known for being the girl that can make a toaster go BOOM!

Her place of birth is still undefined, but I want to avoid Doma because to my understanding, is more about traditions and stuf... I could possibly make her Garlean due to their technology, but I lack the proper information about the Garlean Empire.

Now... personality... I'm trying to do something I can handle, so she's a direct person who talks before thinking things through, specially if things don't go her way.  Due to her brother and failed experiments, she is kinda a control freak, trying that people and things go as she desires and react as she desires.

I think I might be missing stuff... my kind of RP is improvised, so I tend to come up with things at the moment... but that's what this post is for, to develop her correctly.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Meena - 06-24-2015

Interesting character! What made you pick a Doman name compared to a traditional Xaela name? Xaela have Mongolian (esque) names.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Wooden Fingers - 06-25-2015

I think it's interesting how you've contrasted her need for control with impulsiveness in speech. Is she only a control freak when it comes to others and processes, or does she need everything to be orderly?

Wakahisa probably comes from wakai (young) and hisa ('long time', like in 'hisashiburi'), so, like, eternal youth or longevity. I'm at work, so no fancy kanji.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Desmondio - 06-25-2015

(06-24-2015, 11:56 PM)Meena Wrote: Interesting character! What made you pick a Doman name compared to a traditional Xaela name? Xaela have Mongolian (esque) names.
My lack of proper investigation!  But I regret nothing!

(06-25-2015, 12:07 AM)Wooden Fingers Wrote: I think it's interesting how you've contrasted her need for control with impulsiveness in speech. Is she only a control freak when it comes to others and processes, or does she need everything to be orderly?

Wakahisa probably comes from wakai (young) and hisa ('long time', like in 'hisashiburi'), so, like, eternal youth or longevity. I'm at work, so no fancy kanji.
Nah, she only wants order when she does or wants something... In any other time, she's the "Do what you want" girl, because as she says: "I'm not your momma"

And thank for the reminder Wooden!

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Viola - 06-25-2015

Could just say she was raised by Raein.

There you go, everything's fixed. ( 'o')~♪

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Seye Qhesu - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 09:57 PM)Memenu Wrote: Could just say she was raised by Raein.

There you go, everything's fixed. ( 'o')~♪
Or Domans.

Mine was raised by domans after Garlean's took out her hunting party as a child and made her work in a labor camp until saved by some rebels.

Anything is possible! \o/

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Desmondio - 06-26-2015

Then how about her father marrying a Raen, and it was her mother who got to pick the name?

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Viola - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 09:54 AM)Desmondio Wrote: Then how about her father marrying a Raen, and it was her mother who got to pick the name?

Doubtful. Lorewise, Xaela more or less hate the Raen for "being weak" and becoming "civilized".

Then again, when we have birds that look like they weigh a ton and a half flying on tiny as hell wings and catgirls and dragongirls, I think at that point anything is more or less possible.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Martiallais - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 02:43 PM)Memenu Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 09:54 AM)Desmondio Wrote: Then how about her father marrying a Raen, and it was her mother who got to pick the name?

Doubtful. Lorewise, Xaela more or less hate the Raen for "being weak" and becoming "civilized".

There are a few (possibly?), well at least one group, being the Malaguld, Xaela tribe that is accepting of Raen so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility I'd say given the lore we have.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Viola - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 03:07 PM)Zarek Wrote: There are a few (possibly?), well at least one group, being the Malaguld, Xaela tribe that is accepting of Raen so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility I'd say given the lore we have.

Missed that tribe, apparently.

Then again, I miss alot of things.

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Desmondio - 06-28-2015

What iffffff.... the father was raised by Raen, even though he was born as Xaela? I mean... with the Garlean mess and everything?

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Lorie Bluteau - 06-28-2015

Maybe she was 'abandoned' as a baby and adopted my a Raen family?
There could have been a Xaela tribe fights going on and during a raid of sorts she was left behind?

RE: Yumiko Wakahisa - Desmondio - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 06:41 PM)Lorie Bluteau Wrote: Maybe she was 'abandoned' as a baby and adopted my a Raen family?
There could have been a Xaela tribe fights going on and during a raid of sorts she was left behind?
I dunno... it feels kinda cliche...