Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Rp - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Rp (/showthread.php?tid=12302)

Au Ra Rp - Anita - 06-26-2015

I'm really enjoying my Au Ra character and I am excited to make my rp debut with her.... 
But I'm soo afraid I'm going to botch it up, because.. it seems to me that there is so little known about their history (either that or I'm just not looking hard enough)

I'm an experienced rper.. but I'm new to this game-and the rp in it. I'm afraid that if I began rping too soon, I may conflict with the actual lore in the game (Does that make sense? .-. )  Also, I am assuming that the Au Ra that are in Eorzea are new there.. having fled their homeland and all. In a lot of the ways that I feel new to the game, so would this race (again, assuming here..) I want to approach rp in that aspect, but.. other than that I don't really know what else to do. I'm just really paranoid I'm going to mess up I guess...

Sooooo.. I guess what I'm really trying to say, or rather ask, how are some of the other Au ra characters rping about? How did you get started? Any tips? 

Oh, my character is of the Raen clan btw. Her name is Minako Obinata Moogle

RE: Au Ra Rp - Meena - 06-26-2015

Raen, as stated in the naming conventions and their lore blurb lived closely with the Doman people in eastern Othard. 

Doma itself, in recent history has been under the rule and vassal by the garlean empire - discontent with the rulership an uprising bean to free the nation only to be met with the razing of the entire nation-state itself, leaving many refuge. It is then that a handful of survivors crossed the sea with the assistance of Lady Yugiri to Eorzea. Failing to make asylum with the city states the crystal braves (Or Scions) arranged for the Domans to inhabit the settlement of Mor Dhona - where they remain today. 

We can assume the Domans to try and uphold their culture based on the art of Ninja and their naming conventions themselves. It seems that it follows an edo-priodesk class system with the warrior-elite at the top and merchants at the bottom.

I don't caim to be an expert but this is what i've mostly extrapolated from the main story. Please - anyone, feel free to add things.

RE: Au Ra Rp - Qadan - 06-26-2015

I haven't actually started any RP yet since I'm getting to 60 first and getting geared for the end-game so my static doesn't put my head on a pike, but I'm looking to get started sometime next week.

My advice is to not worry about messing anything up. I know, a lot easier said than done. But! For the most part a lot of the lore on our race is open ended, so you can go about it however you like and whatever you think would make sense for you. Hell, even most of the tribes are open to a lot of interpretation. Don't look at it as something daunting or that you need to know absolutely everything (there's not a whole lot TO know, actually), but instead something that allows you the freedom to do what you want.

Another interesting note is that the Allagans were aware of Au Ra and were in contact with them in some capacity, so I honestly would find it hard to believe that the races of Eorzea would be completely ignorant of them. If anyone knows more about if this is specifically addressed in game I'd be interested to know about it, though.

RE: Au Ra Rp - Lost - 06-26-2015

Well personally, I feel that they are just about all refugees like Yugiri. The Empire attacked their country and they fled to Eorzea. You can approach that from whatever aspect you wish. Did your Au'ra escape the moment the Empire began, or wait until the last minute? Did she fight back, or just run. How did she arrive to Eorzea?

Since your a Raen, think about what your village/city did. Did they all make it? Or were they wiped out? 
This is a whole new race for everyone, lore and all. So while you might be different than some other in your ideas, really most will work fine.

On a personal level, I am playing my Raen as a refugee. His village was attacked and wiped out, so he and his family escaped. Certainly they had heard of Eorzea before, just as we have heard of other countries as well.

Since Raen are the peaceful type to stay in one place, I am making it my characters first priority to find a place to live. Somewhere to settle down and take stock of everything that happened and maybe even make a new life. Another route you could go is try and find people to help you take Orthard back, or fight the empire here in Eorzea.

RE: Au Ra Rp - Anita - 06-26-2015

I level a lot. Most of my time spent on the game is leveling.. but sometimes I wanna take a break and I get the itch to start rping---but I usually just watch other people rp (I know that sounds totally creepy.. )  
I've seen mixed responses icly and oocly. Some think that all of the races should be completely shocked at the sudden presence of a new race running around--while others just kinda go with it. /shrug

RE: Au Ra Rp - Qadan - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Anita Wrote: I level a lot. Most of my time spent on the game is leveling.. but sometimes I wanna take a break and I get the itch to start rping---but I usually just watch other people rp (I know that sounds totally creepy.. )  
I've seen mixed responses icly and oocly. Some think that all of the races should be completely shocked at the sudden presence of a new race running around--while others just kinda go with it. /shrug

Could always aim towards RP with other Au Ra starting out. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the other person knowing/not knowing of your race. I feel like over time that particular issue will be ironed out to a standard anyway.

RE: Au Ra Rp - Meena - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 10:11 PM)Lost Wrote: Well personally, I feel that they are just about all refugees like Yugiri. The Empire attacked their country and they fled to Eorzea. You can approach that from whatever aspect you wish. Did your Au'ra escape the moment the Empire began, or wait until the last minute? Did she fight back, or just run. How did she arrive to Eorzea?

Since your a Raen, think about what your village/city did. Did they all make it? Or were they wiped out? 
This is a whole new race for everyone, lore and all. So while you might be different than some other in your ideas, really most will work fine.
This is a good point to make, we dont actually know how much of Doma survived but we know it was razed, burned to the ground.

(06-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Anita Wrote: snip
I'd recommend taking a braek, I can always help with what i know if you are interested - I'm online right now just mining. Big Grin feel free to flick me a whisper @ Hotaru Gin

RE: Au Ra Rp - Enla - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 10:09 PM)Qadan Hotgo Wrote: Another interesting note is that the Allagans were aware of Au Ra and were in contact with them in some capacity, so I honestly would find it hard to believe that the races of Eorzea would be completely ignorant of them. If anyone knows more about if this is specifically addressed in game I'd be interested to know about it, though.
Spoilers for the WHM quest:
Show Content