Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers (/showthread.php?tid=12344)

A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Zarrae - 06-30-2015

Hello!

My husband (Edonil) and I joined Balmung in mid June and have been poking around at learning the game.  We are avid RPers and it's difficult for either of us to really "get into the game" without a character driving the story.  The hubby is not much of a forum monkey, so I am posting for the both of us.  He has played Final Fantasy games in the past, but this is my very first FF game!

--MMORPG background
We've played most (but certainly not all) MMORPGs together since meeting in EQ1 back in 1999.  We generally have at least one pair named Edonil and Zarrae ("Where there is an Edo, there's a Rae") and generally play a tank/healer duo.  Just to list a few: EverQuest 1 & 2, Vanguard: SoH, WoW, Saga of Ryzom, AION, RIFT, Star Wars: ToR, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 1 & 2 TERA, Eve, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online...geeze, the list looks crazier on digital paper than I realized. 

--RP experience
Uhm... Edo's been RPing since D&D was just a pamphlet.  I've been RPing since my brother was given a Star Wars RPG GM's book for his 13th birthday.  We both have extensive paper-and-pen experience (as GM and player).  We have RPed in most MMOs since EQ1 (really difficult to RP in Eve).  I would classify us as "mature" roleplayers, but when one uses that term, folks tend to get the wrong idea.

--Character ideas/info
At the moment, our characters are sketches on canvas, waiting for paint.  Zarrae is a Miqo'te Keeper, White Mage who has been gradually poking her way out of the cool shade of the Shroud.  Edonil is a brusque Highlander Paladin who has been stomping about, exploring, trying to make a name for himself.  (See, very vague, at the moment)

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I did a Google search for FFXIV RP communities.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
"Light," "Medium," and "Heavy" tags are subjective.  I've known "heavy" RPers who went OOC more often than they were IC because they couldn't justify harvesting/hunting/etc.  I would classify us as Mature Field RPers (Mature RPers: we're not likely to suddenly be the long lost heir to the sultanate, half-breed lovechild of yadda yadda...and we allow our characters to be affected by the world around them.  Field RPers: We tend to remain IC as much as possible, even out in the field, whether gathering, crafting, or hunting).  I can say that neither of us likes "Tavern RP" much; after a few minutes, both of us are looking for something to -do- and so, we tend to have characters that are 'movers.'

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm a high school science teacher, the spouse is a network administrator...needless to say, we are always busy busy busy in real life. (Don't fall for the line that Teachers actually get the summer off, phht.)

--And actually ... we're looking for:
We're looking for an FC full of like-minded folks (Mature Field RPers) to join...or, if one doesn't exist, we'd like to find enough interested folks to start one (not that we want to be leaders, far far far from it, we don't have the time).

While we do enjoy dungeoning (A GREAT DEAL), crafting, harvesting, etc.... We'd prefer an FC that focuses on just a few aspects of the game;  there are soooo many out there that have every icon checked.  So: Heavy RP, Dungeoning, accepting of crazy real world schedules, and accepting of those who are new to the lore (and actively trying to learn).

Shew!  I didn't mean to write a novel.

tldr: Husband & Wife, Tank & Healer, Avid RPers. Hi!

RE: A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Melodia - 06-30-2015

Welcome! Glad to have you and don't be afraid to say hello if you see Melodia running around. She doesn't bite.

Unless asked to.

LOL!

RE: A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Mountie - 06-30-2015

Wow, quite the introduction! Sadly I'm at work and a tad pressed for time, but welcome to the community and we're glad to see a duo coming in. It always makes for the most interesting RP when two people are basically in the same thought realm from the get-go!

As for FC, I'm sure that one exists that is perfect for the two of you! The list is at the top in a tab called LINKSHELLS (Don't ask) and you can even sort the server by Balmung with the click of that one button marked as such. Most of the FC are monitored by the staff here to ensure that old entries are removed, so rest assured if you find one to your liking, it is most likely available in the game. Minus Aeon, which is going to an invitation-only model soon.

RE: A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Zarrae - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 11:18 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote: As for FC, I'm sure that one exists that is perfect for the two of you! The list is at the top in a tab called LINKSHELLS (Don't ask) and you can even sort the server by Balmung with the click of that one button marked as such.

Thank you! I was wondering if there was a place that I was just overlooking.  I'm still getting used to the terminology, as well.  (Linkshell vs Private Channel and Free Company vs Guild, etc)

RE: A Spousal Duo - New to FFXIV Roleplayers - Nebbs - 06-30-2015

Welcome, especially folks from the older RP set that remember the early days of DnD

As mentioned already check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you. A Linkshell is like an in game chat channel and you can have 8, and a Free Company is like a Guild.

Fell free to come join us in [Hugs & Cakes Link Shell] where there is a nice positive bunch of RPers from young to too old to say Smile