Hydaelyn Role-Players
Are there any other Race background resources? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Are there any other Race background resources? (/showthread.php?tid=12378)

Are there any other Race background resources? - -no longer matters- - 07-02-2015

Hey hey all, 

I'm back again with... More questions to help me build a better back story!! *theme music plays*

Okay todays question is:

Are there any other FF14 Race background resources other than Wiki?

The wiki seems very limited in information terms of lifespan of races, more back story of homelands etc... or maybe I'm using it wrong and missing it. (absolutely an option.)

Thanks for any information in advance.

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-02-2015

Can't really answer the homeland backstory, but the lifespan of your average Eorzean is the same as your average IRL human. Square-Enix released this during the Las Vegas Fanfest in 2014. They also said Elezen live a little longer (so if a hyur/roegadyn/lalafell/miqo'te/au ra lives to 100, an elezen would get to 120 or so) and have a slightly longer "teen" stage of their lives. Imagine if being a stereotypical whiny teenaged lasted from 13 to 25. Dear. Gods.

The life expectancy is however, much lower because of all the various dangers that are out there for the common person, like monsters, war and poverty.

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - -no longer matters- - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 11:31 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Can't really answer the homeland backstory, but the lifespan of your average Eorzean is the same as your average IRL human. Square-Enix released this during the Las Vegas Fanfest in 2014. They also said Elezen live a little longer (so if a hyur/roegadyn/lalafell/miqo'te/au ra lives to 100, an elezen would get to 120 or so) and have a slightly longer "teen" stage of their lives. Imagine if being a stereotypical whiny teenaged lasted from 13 to 25. Dear. Gods.

The life expectancy is however, much lower because of all the various dangers that are out there for the common person, like monsters, war and poverty.
Thank you so much for the info! This will help!

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - Sounsyy - 07-02-2015

NOTICE: The Race Lore Compilation post has been updated and relocated to here.

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - -no longer matters- - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 04:57 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: snip
Oh wow thank you for this! The Roegadyn section helped a ton actually! (I'm playing a Hellsguard, and the official Wiki seemed a bit devoid of info.)

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - -no longer matters- - 07-07-2015

• Due to low resources, they tend to send their second or third borns away, and they often end up in Eorzean cities where many become better off than those who stayed in the homeland.

Does anyone know what age The Hellsguard would cast their Second and Third born out? I'm thinking it would be youngish like 13 or so. (Working on back story.)

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - Sounsyy - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 10:38 AM)War Siren Wrote:
  • Due to low resources, they tend to send their second or third borns away, and they often end up in Eorzean cities where many become better off than those who stayed in the homeland.

Does anyone know what age The Hellsguard would cast their Second and Third born out? I'm thinking it would be youngish like 13 or so. (Working on back story.)

Unfortunately no, that specific tidbit only showed up in the 1.0 Character Creation screen and no further details were ever given in game. So, likely varied family to family. Try to use whatever age would best suit the story you wanna tell.

RE: Are there any other Race background resources? - -no longer matters- - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 11:04 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 10:38 AM)War Siren Wrote:

Unfortunately no, that specific tidbit only showed up in the 1.0 Character Creation screen and no further details were ever given in game. So, likely varied family to family. Try to use whatever age would best suit the story you wanna tell.
Thanks Sounsyy, you've been a huge help thus far!! Back to typing up a storm!!