Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell leader meeting! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Linkshell leader meeting! (/showthread.php?tid=1241)

Pages: 1 2

Linkshell leader meeting! - Edricane - 04-18-2012

(This is an OOC meeting!)I have most likely already contacted you in game, we will be meeting Wednesday April 25th and if we have schedule problems we will meet again on Monday the 30th as well. Starting time will most likely be 8 to 10 PM CST time. I expect those attending to behave and be polite to each other, your opinions will be asked, but we will not have fighting over it. If a dispute occurs I will give one warning and anymore afterwards you will be removed and not asked to come back. We will be grouping up to talk in party chat, but I'd like to do voice chat as well, if speaking is a problem for you feel free to tell me and it will be handled.

The topics will be about our community, about your linkshells and your plans for them, discussing what needs to be done on the path for 2.0 and about Free Companies. I expect everyone to have something to add to this discussions, if I missed a topic you want to focus on, bring it up during the meeting.

For those of you of the community that have not been invited, your thoughts are just as important. However due to the size and the differing opinions of the Roleplaying community, only linkshell leaders are invited, to avoid any kind of chaos. If you have your own ideas, feel free to post them in this thread and we will discuss it.

I hope to mend bridges and bring the community closer together, I want us to have a respected voice in the general FFXIV community. The only way to do this is come together. I will see you in game and on the forums, any questions feel free to ask me on Endricane Feltaro.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Mtoto Wamoto - 04-18-2012

I wont be able to attend as I'll be at work at this time. If it takes place in a chat channel such as skype I'll be able to, but I don't have access to the game until I get home.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - NKato - 04-18-2012

I hope this produces results. If the linkshell leaders aren't willing to come together to discuss matters that can lead to better community unity, then there are some serious problems going on that even the best peacemaker can't fix.

I don't even need to be that blunt, but still.

Again, I hope this produces positive results and a better, more cohesive, involved community.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Edricane - 04-18-2012

Yes, I'd almost rather do it Skype. But we will see what works for everyone.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - NKato - 04-18-2012

So sorry to butt in further, but I'd like to say something since Skype is also used as a voice chat program:

One thing I've noticed regarding this community is the over-reliance on voice communications for casual conversations, sometimes to the point of using it as a mechanism to go around other people's backs for gossip. This is something I would like to see people discouraged from doing, or at least implementing a strict policy addressing the potential risk of abuses.

I'm speaking from personal experience and feel this should at least be a topic for discussion among guilds. >.>

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Mtoto Wamoto - 04-19-2012

NKato Wrote:So sorry to butt in further, but I'd like to say something since Skype is also used as a voice chat program:

One thing I've noticed regarding this community is the over-reliance on voice communications for casual conversations, sometimes to the point of using it as a mechanism to go around other people's backs for gossip. This is something I would like to see people discouraged from doing, or at least implementing a strict policy addressing the potential risk of abuses.

I'm speaking from personal experience and feel this should at least be a topic for discussion among guilds. >.>

Skype or no, sideline talk will always happen given the means. In fact, if all the voice servers and third party chat programs were dropped, you'd still have the same issues simply because people will resort to /tells and party chat, which in fact, already happens.

It isn't an over-reliance using other means of communications that should have been present in the game from day one, but because they weren't, we as a player base have to resort to such means of communications because many of us find it far more efficient to either type without constrictions as dictated by the game or simply just talk things out. In gist, other means of communication aren't used solely for gossip as much as you'd think. There shouldn't need to be a strict policy in how we as a player base chat to one another or conduct business.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Whispering Wind - 04-19-2012

The 'master' of our linkshell will be attending to some real life business and will be unable to attend. I and 2 leaders from our linkshell will attend in his stead. However, I am unable to do voice chat.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Edricane - 04-19-2012

Whispering Wind Wrote:The 'master' of our linkshell will be attending to some real life business and will be unable to attend. I and 2 leaders from our linkshell will attend in his stead. However, I am unable to do voice chat.

Only one of you will be able to attend, just like all the other shells, one leader per. So leave all your questions with that person and such. But glad to see you all joining us, it's also an Out of Character meeting, so don't come In character please.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Whispering Wind - 04-20-2012

Edricane Wrote:Only one of you will be able to attend, just like all the other shells, one leader per. So leave all your questions with that person and such. But glad to see you all joining us, it's also an Out of Character meeting, so don't come In character please.

Thank you Endricane for notifying me on our forum, that only one leader from each LS will be allowed to be present. There was a reason, I needed two with me, without going into detail, I shall find a better representative to be present. Once again, thank you for the clarification. We will make sure whomever attends, knows that it is OOC.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Mtoto Wamoto - 04-22-2012

Huh, guess I derped when reading this the first time. I'm off Wednesday, so count on me being around.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Shuck - 04-22-2012

Count me in as well. Very much looking forward to a group discussion.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Smiling River - 04-24-2012

We will not be able to meet up in-game due to a patch. I suggest mumble/vent/skype. Anything with a chat/voice server should be fine. Otherwise we'll have to re-schedule.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Aveline - 04-24-2012

If it's needed, I have a 25-person Teamspeak 3 server we can use for the meeting. Smile

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Edricane - 04-24-2012

Lets do Skype, seeing everyone is pretty familiar with it. We will go from there.

Re: Linkshell leader meeting! - Aveline - 04-24-2012

Skype download link, for those of us that don't use it: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype