Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Siren] Help! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Siren] Help! (/showthread.php?tid=12468)

Help! - Pae'a Atiyeh - 07-07-2015

Hi um, 

A friend and I have recently moved from WOW to FF are completely new to FF14-RP. However we were unable to make on to either Gilamesh or Balmung and are leveling new characters on Siren. 

Can anyone provide info on the right places and people to speak with, we're complete noobs and would like to start Roleplaying as soon as we are leveled.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

(Sorry If I've posted in the wrong place Sad)

RE: Help! - Jerciex - 07-07-2015

Hey hey!
Best places to get random Rp are quicksand in Ul'dah or joining rp-event. Like always in Rp: Someone must make first move and start rp. If someone rejects you.. dont give up! Try someone else! Also sending tell to person is good thing to ask if person is up for rp

I usually walkup on ppl until I get some rp ^^. Ofcourse being rejected hurts but dont give up!
Also.. findin rp-linkshell or FC helps Wink

oh.. if you are playing on Balmung or giving 2nd try to it.. come find Jerciex in Gridania. I am sure something will start Wink

RE: Help! - Pae'a Atiyeh - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 08:11 AM)Jerciex Wrote: Hey hey!
Best places to get random Rp are quicksand in Ul'dah or joining rp-event. Like always in Rp: Someone must make first move and start rp. If someone rejects you.. dont give up! Try someone else! Also sending tell to person is good thing to ask if person is up for rp

I usually walkup on ppl until I get some rp ^^. Ofcourse being rejected hurts but dont give up!
Also.. findin rp-linkshell or FC helps Wink

oh.. if you are playing on Balmung or giving 2nd try to it.. come find Jerciex in Gridania. I am sure something will start Wink
Ah! Thank you for your help. That's kind of you.

And No, I mean that we couldn't gain access to the severs, both are completely full. Have no idea how to get on Balmung due to this Sad

We ended up on Siren due to that.

RE: Help! - Lekka Meyren - 07-07-2015

At the moment I believe it is almost impossible to create a character on either Balmung or Gilgamesh without paying for a character transfer.

It is however totally possible for you to just keep playing on Siren until you can do that and then move over to one of the more active RP servers.
- Basically the reason it's like this is that Gilgamesh and Balmung are legacy servers, and with the release of Heavensward so many more people have come back to playing actively, in addition to it being summer... So it's basically always "full".

RE: Help! - Pae'a Atiyeh - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 08:20 AM)Lekka Meyren Wrote: At the moment I believe it is almost impossible to create a character on either Balmung or Gilgamesh without paying for a character transfer.

It is however totally possible for you to just keep playing on Siren until you can do that and then move over to one of the more active RP servers.
- Basically the reason it's like this is that Gilgamesh and Balmung are legacy servers, and with the release of Heavensward so many more people have come back to playing actively, in addition to it being summer... So it's basically always "full".

Ah! Thanks for the tip, that's just what I'll do then. 

Smile

RE: Help! - Surilian - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 08:28 AM)Toffeeatoms Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 08:20 AM)Lekka Meyren Wrote: At the moment I believe it is almost impossible to create a character on either Balmung or Gilgamesh without paying for a character transfer.

Ah! Thanks for the tip, that's just what I'll do then. 

Smile

Either that or there is a small 'window' ..usually Balmung/ Gilga are unlocked during the week only and for me its as early as 3 or 5am EST ...the trick is to find the 'window'. BUT usually in the morning or JUST after maintenance.