Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with (/showthread.php?tid=12498)

Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Talemaster - 07-09-2015

Introduction
Hi, another recent arrival of Balmung reporting in.

I hear a lot of good thing about Balmung rp community. As someone who enjoys TRPGs and RPGs in general, I would love to do some rp here.
Unfortunately, I'm very new to both MMO RP and the game, so I might need some help.

Character
Show Content

My character, Ashile E'lta, is a very young lalafell adventurer who sets out to experience the world. He comes from a secluded village, so he knows very little about the outside world and is perhaps easily amazed.

He is quite childish but adorable due to his age. 
Since young, Ashile loves to skulk around and poke his nose in other people's business from time to time. This is why he joined the rogue guild when he arrives at the port of Limsa. 

A village elder hinted that his yellow eye is a special sign, and that he shall walk the land and bear witness to many great events to come.
The elder pointed him to the pugilist guild in Ul'dah as the start of his journey. 
Therefore, Ashile is on a rite to take on a personal journey across the lands. This is the reason he became an adventurer.

Finally~

If you would like to adventure and poke your nose in other people's business with an adorable companion,
please feel free to send me a /tell, friend request and so on.
If you run into Ashile, you can just walk up and say hello, I'm sure he would love that.

Lastly, I'm looking for casual RP and PvE LS and FC as well~
EDT(UTC-4) is my time zone.

Thank you for reading, and may we walk the land together someday.

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Faye - 07-09-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. As for linkshells, you can find a wide variety of RP linkshells here in the Linkshell Hall, but for PvE linkshells I recommend Help My Quest! You're welcome to let me know if you'd like an invite.

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Uther - 07-09-2015

Hey, welcome to Balmung and to the RPC! 

Looks like you've got a character down that you're really excited to RP and explore the world with, which is great. It's always fun to watch RPers who are really enthusiastic about the character they're playing.

I see that you're new to MMO RP, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it, and I'm sure you'll fit in great with the rest of us.

Welcome again! Enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions!

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Pengwing - 07-09-2015

Hey there!

Dunno if this is too late of a reply, but I'm pretty new to FF14 as well and would like to have a traveling buddy to PVE and RP along the way!

I am currently a level 30 paladin so if you want, contact me however you want and we can be friends. Big Grin

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Talemaster - 07-09-2015

Thank you guys for the warm welcome and help. (order Ashile to give everyone a hug)

(07-09-2015, 01:36 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. As for linkshells, you can find a wide variety of RP linkshells here in the Linkshell Hall, but for PvE linkshells I recommend Help My Quest! You're welcome to let me know if you'd like an invite.

I personally tend to shy away from playing a champion of justice, but thank you for the offer.
I'll definitely look into the things you mention. 

(07-09-2015, 02:06 AM)Tancred Wrote: Hey, welcome to Balmung and to the RPC! 

Looks like you've got a character down that you're really excited to RP and explore the world with, which is great. It's always fun to watch RPers who are really enthusiastic about the character they're playing.

I see that you're new to MMO RP, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it, and I'm sure you'll fit in great with the rest of us.

Welcome again! Enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions!

I actually lurked around the drowning wench last night. I saw some open rp, it felt a lot like some text-based TRPG session I played.

Mostly, I'm just not certain about mmo rp convention/etiquette.

For example:
Can I do open rp anywhere I want?
Is it ok to just jump in an open rp? Does this depend on the area, such as drowning wench?
I hear it's not nice to send tell to people who are doing rp?

These are what I can think of from the top of my head, but I'll appreciate it if you can tell me other things as well.

(07-09-2015, 04:32 PM)Pengwing Wrote: Hey there!

Dunno if this is too late of a reply, but I'm pretty new to FF14 as well and would like to have a traveling buddy to PVE and RP along the way!

I am currently a level 30 paladin so if you want, contact me however you want and we can be friends. Big Grin

Cool, I'm will do just that, but I'm only 19~ XD

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - banndsand - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 10:39 PM)Talemaster Wrote: Mostly, I'm just not certain about mmo rp convention/etiquette.

For example:
Can I do open rp anywhere I want?
Is it ok to just jump in an open rp? Does this depend on the area, such as drowning wench?
I hear it's not nice to send tell to people who are doing rp?

These are what I can think of from the top of my head, but I'll appreciate it if you can tell me other things as well.

-You can RP wherever you like! In town, in the field, even in a dungeon! Non-RPers generally tend to be respectful so long as you aren't impeding on their gameplay (otherwise, there's the blacklist), so you can do it just about anywhere without issue. Just be sure that if you RP in a place like a dungeon, that everyone is there for the same reason. Tongue
-A safe bet for whether or not you can jump into someone's RP is to kindly ask them. Many people will be happy to have more RPers join in if asked. And if it's an event, then you could check if it's open or closed either by checking online (if available) or asking.
-I don't think it's particularly rude to sent tells to people who are doing RP unless you send them like... a bunch, to the point that it becomes spam.

There is a helpful thread here on the RPC that covers a lot of the common practices and the like for RP in FFXIV. I recommend giving it a look if you haven't already. Here's a link: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1770

If you have more questions, feel free to post 'em. Although I'm not terribly experienced, I'm sure somebody here could answer any questions you have. Smile

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Pengwing - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 10:39 PM)Talemaster Wrote: Cool, I'm will do just that, but I'm only 19~ XD

You know what they say, your level is but a number.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness I'll send you a friend request and we can figure something out if you want.

Hope to see you soon!

EDIT: On my phone atm so sorry for the formatting issue. (Why is my text size so big...)

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Fox - 07-10-2015

(07-09-2015, 11:52 PM)Pengwing Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 10:39 PM)Talemaster Wrote: Cool, I'm will do just that, but I'm only 19~ XD

You know what they say, your level is but a number.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness I'll send you a friend request and we can figure something out if you want.

Hope to see you soon!

EDIT: On my phone atm so sorry for the formatting issue. (Why is my text size so big...)

This is an issue with mobile I've ran into it as well myself it sucks.

Back on topic; welcome to the RPC, OP! Hopefully you find what you're looking for. We've got a lot of really awesome resources here if you look around. I especially like the Wiki. Wink

FC wise, Heart of Coeurl is recruiting we have an open recruitment basically going on right now. If you'd like to check out our website you may do so here: http://hc-rp.shivtr.com/

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Misuzu - 07-10-2015

Misu is usually combing the wilds during NA daytime hours. Anytime you'd like to meet up, or just drop in on her camp, let me know.

Welcome!

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Roe Dad - 07-10-2015

I am always looking for Lala friends to be around it makes me feel taller. Tongue

RE: Adorable lalafell looking for someone to wonder the land with - Talemaster - 07-10-2015

ï¼ banndsand
Thank you for answering, and that thread is indeed helpful. (chewing through the walls of text)
I'll post any question I have in the RP discussion board in the future.

ï¼ Foxberry
Yes, there's quite a bit of lore in there, and it's fun to read about other people's characters.
I'll look into it, thx.

ï¼ Misuzu
Can Ashile drop by to steal your cookie? Sometime, he is low on food in a desert. XD

ï¼ LadyKrist
He is not short...ok, I actually minimized his height.  (mounts Ashile on my shoulder)
I'll have him look around for you.