Hydaelyn Role-Players
Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances (/showthread.php?tid=12552)

Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Fortes - 07-12-2015

Quote:Hello! New to the FF RP community here (first post!), with some limited experience for RPing itself. 

In-game I’m from Balmung, and usually I'm on reeaaally early morning (3:00 - 8:00EDT) , but even that’s a rough estimate, as on other days I’d be on early afternoons (12:00 - 15:00EDT) instead. Not much consistency on my part, so it might be difficult to set up a time. If you spot me running around, just send me a tell that you're interested to RP with me, and let's set a date (if I'm not free).

So, keeping this in mind, I’m open to (and more comfortable with) RPing by PMs here on the forums, or off-site if you prefer (hurray for no server limitations on this!). 

Quote:
Show Content

Show Content

Proxima Bisenoire is a part-Duskwight Ishgardian. Formerly an astrologian at the Observatorium, she’d since left her homeland for a more active way to combat the Dravanian Horde. Partly out of grief, having lost her mother, and partly having been inspired by meeting a Roegadyn arcanist, she’d become a student of arcanima, believing this to be the answer to strengthening Ishgard, especially for those like her who have no skill with a sword. Her efforts have been fruitless thus far, finding herself simply refusing to return home emptyhanded out of pride. 

Currently, she works as a customs officer and may be found primarily at Limsa Lominsa, Aleport, and occasionally the Moraby Drydocks.

[ A more detailed account of her life so far (including likes, dislikes etc.) exists on the wiki ]

Show Content

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Virella - 07-12-2015

What about an old Astrologian co-worker who is probably going to flip her lid due to an Ishgardians being outside Ishgard right now- Uuuh. Virella will not be out of Ishgard for a good while, however she does sometimes go map hunting in the other city states (I personally felt I needed an excuse for her to leave Ishgard, especially due to her not liking the other city-states at all)! So that could be a possibility eventually for them to meet up.

I just cannot promise when and where I will have Vi out of Ishgard again Sad

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Aya - 07-12-2015

Neat! I like the occupation ^_^

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - abnormalnomad - 07-12-2015

You should definitely get in contact with me! It seems like it would be easy for these two characters to have been past acquaintances or friends! She might have even visited Dhemitar's food stall on more than one occasion!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12502

Let me know if you want to do anything with that! ^^

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Elysia - 07-12-2015

Hey there! 

My character, Avis, is a nosy, free-spirited arcanist who admittedly only makes rather sporadic appearances at the guild. She's a self-proclaimed scholar / researcher who's currently on the hunt for prospective magic students for her boss, and is both puzzled and intrigued by the number of arcanists employed as customs officers in Limsa - why are they 'resigned' to such an occupation with an art like theirs to wield? are they actually leading double lives and being dubious wizard vigilantes after hours? - She's based at the Mizzenmast Inn and I'd also love to get her to make more Lominsan friends or acquaintances. 

It'd be interesting to see how they get along (or not, which could also be fun to play out) - Avis is always curious about people, asks a lot of questions, and is fond of philosophical conversation. 

I can only be found in-game during very odd hours as well, so I'm more than happy to do something across PM or any other platforms. I also tend to be long-winded and thinking on my feet is hard for me, so it seems our playing styles might suit each other.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Fortes - 07-13-2015

(07-12-2015, 03:38 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: What about an old Astrologian co-worker who is probably going to flip her lid due to an Ishgardians being outside Ishgard right now- Uuuh. Virella will not be out of Ishgard for a good while, however she does sometimes go map hunting in the other city states (I personally felt I needed an excuse for her to leave Ishgard, especially due to her not liking the other city-states at all)! So that could be a possibility eventually for them to meet up.

I just cannot promise when and where I will have Vi out of Ishgard again Sad
Oh, that would definitely be interesting if it comes to that! Thanks for sharing your ideas though, perhaps when you do have her out let me know!

(07-12-2015, 03:47 PM)Aya Wrote: Neat! I like the occupation ^_^
Thank you!

(07-12-2015, 03:53 PM)abnormalnomad Wrote: You should definitely get in contact with me! It seems like it would be easy for these two characters to have been past acquaintances or friends! She might have even visited Dhemitar's food stall on more than one occasion!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12502

Let me know if you want to do anything with that! ^^
I did some reading after posting my thread and I definitely agree that Proxima might've dropped by his stalls. She's got a soft spot for food in Limsa, so this might be an uncommon opportunity for a pleasant friendship! If anything she definitely browses through the stalls at Hawker's Alley, and since Dhemitar's stall may be pretty well-known, she may have heard a good thing or two about it. Send me a PM? :'D

(07-12-2015, 08:09 PM)Elysia Wrote: Hey there! 

My character, Avis, is a nosy, free-spirited arcanist who admittedly only makes rather sporadic appearances at the guild. She's a self-proclaimed scholar / researcher who's currently on the hunt for prospective magic students for her boss, and is both puzzled and intrigued by the number of arcanists employed as customs officers in Limsa - why are they 'resigned' to such an occupation with an art like theirs to wield? are they actually leading double lives and being dubious wizard vigilantes after hours? - She's based at the Mizzenmast Inn and I'd also love to get her to make more Lominsan friends or acquaintances. 

It'd be interesting to see how they get along (or not, which could also be fun to play out) - Avis is always curious about people, asks a lot of questions, and is fond of philosophical conversation. 

I can only be found in-game during very odd hours as well, so I'm more than happy to do something across PM or any other platforms. I also tend to be long-winded and thinking on my feet is hard for me, so it seems our playing styles might suit each other.

Wizard vigilantes got a chuckle out of me. And uncanny we've got similar problems, I hope we work something out between Avis and Proxi! All the questions would likely keep the conversation going (whether it's something positive is hard to say). Her research may intrigue Proxima, though, depending on what it's about. Drop me a PM and let's see how we can work it out!

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Virella - 07-14-2015

I will keep an eye out for you once I can get Virella out again, or unless you char heads back to Ishgard, give me a poke!

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - -no longer matters- - 07-14-2015

If you ever have need of a Mercenary, War Siren has Great Sword and will Travel, as long as the job is on the up and up (Of course I'm always up for people trying to fool her that jobs on the take could be on the up and up too. XD )

I'm on those times on weekends, weekdays sadly it's usually later.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Sigil.9054 - 07-14-2015

Ugh! Those hours, though! My character is a courier, and would likely have a lot of business with a customs officer. But our time frames don't match.

All the same, I'll take note. My character is "Seldi Witt", and feel free to poke me if you see me.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Reiner Dorn - 07-14-2015

Hey there, Wanted to drop a line if you want contacts. I run a free company dedicated to alleviating and addressing magic issues plaguing Eorzea. Shortly we will be based in Limsa and would most likely take work with the Gate and the Maelstrom for a time. Happy to build bridges.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Jana - 07-14-2015

My character is a Summoner who got her start studying in the Arcanists' Guild, and put in time working for Mealvaan's Gate (as well as going back to work there to track shipments for outside interests), but our timeframes also don't match at all! I will try to keep an eye open.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Faye - 07-14-2015

Hello there! It's good to meet a fellow slow typer ;_; I don't really have any characters that fit the bill for the specifics you're looking for, but I can offer up some role-play anyhow!

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - banndsand - 07-14-2015

My Jakatolui Noyakir is a fun-loving and probably trouble-making Au Ra mainly based in and around Limsa as a part-time smithy trainee (more like a part-time smithy nuisance), and spends her free time beating stuff up (and possibly taking odd jobs of that sort) with an axe and catching some fish to trade for materials (because her product doesn't really sell for nearly anything).

I've also got a Roegadyn by the name of Usynthuv Wintahrwyn who is just picking up arcanima at the guild. She's rather serious and quiet, though she can get carried away when it comes to certain things (ex: she finds carbuncles absolutely adorable). She's not as developped yet, but I wouldn't mind trying to sort her out in practice rather than all in my head.

I'm usually around sometime between the morning and night EDT, so if you would like to meet up, feel free to shoot me a PM/tell/friend request. :) Also I am not the most experienced in RP so I also am not the quickest to reply either, hehe.

Oh and I've got a wiki for Jakatolui (link), but it's a big WIP for now.

RE: Duskwight customs officer at Limsa looking for acquaintances - Fortes - 07-15-2015

(07-14-2015, 12:16 PM)War Siren Wrote: If you ever have need of a Mercenary, War Siren has Great Sword and will Travel, as long as the job is on the up and up (Of course I'm always up for people trying to fool her that jobs on the take could be on the up and up too. XD )

I'm on those times on weekends, weekdays sadly it's usually later.
Thus far Proxima doesn't have much reason to hire a mercenary, but I'll keep you in mind if the need does arise! Thanks for the offer, though!

(07-14-2015, 08:39 PM)Sigil.9054 Wrote: Ugh! Those hours, though!  My character is a courier, and would likely have a lot of business with a customs officer.  But our time frames don't match.

All the same, I'll take note.  My character is "Seldi Witt", and feel free to poke me if you see me.
Tell me about it! Being on at odd hours has been tough on my friends too. That would be an interesting set up if we manage to catch each other on! I definitely will take note, though.

(07-14-2015, 09:41 PM)Reiner Dorn Wrote: Hey there, Wanted to drop a line if you want contacts. I run a free company dedicated to alleviating and addressing magic issues plaguing Eorzea. Shortly we will be based in Limsa and would most likely take work with the Gate and the Maelstrom for a time. Happy to build bridges.
Oh, definitely, if you need some cooperation in the future, I think Proxima might aid your cause. If it involves magic she'd be intrigued, definitely. Plus, she's largely indifferent to most things outside Ishgard, but she's not that callous. In any case, let me know if ever!

(07-14-2015, 10:21 PM)Jana Wrote: My character is a Summoner who got her start studying in the Arcanists' Guild, and put in time working for Mealvaan's Gate (as well as going back to work there to track shipments for outside interests), but our timeframes also don't match at all! I will try to keep an eye open.
Whoa, an IC summoner. Shame the times don't coincide! I will too, if I see you around then.

(07-14-2015, 10:29 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there! It's good to meet a fellow slow typer ;_; I don't really have any characters that fit the bill for the specifics you're looking for, but I can offer up some role-play anyhow!
I'm relieved there are a handful of us around, I thought it was just me who couldn't fire away! Not a problem IMO, they're just some ideas I tossed, but it's more a guideline than anything. As long as there's some reason your characters might be in Limsa/WesternLN/LowerLN, we could think of something. 

banndsand Wrote:My Jakatolui Noyakir is a fun-loving and probably trouble-making Au Ra mainly based in and around Limsa as a part-time smithy trainee (more like a part-time smithy nuisance), and spends her free time beating stuff up (and possibly taking odd jobs of that sort) with an axe and catching some fish to trade for materials (because her product doesn't really sell for nearly anything).

I've also got a Roegadyn by the name of Usynthuv Wintahrwyn who is just picking up arcanima at the guild. She's rather serious and quiet, though she can get carried away when it comes to certain things (ex: she finds carbuncles absolutely adorable). She's not as developped yet, but I wouldn't mind trying to sort her out in practice rather than all in my head.

I'm usually around sometime between the morning and night EDT, so if you would like to meet up, feel free to shoot me a PM/tell/friend request. Smile Also I am not the most experienced in RP so I also am not the quickest to reply either, hehe.

Oh and I've got a wiki for Jakatolui (link), but it's a big WIP for now.
Don't worry, we're in the same boat, and I'm pretty patient with long response (being guilty of it myself, cough) 

I'll send you a PM in a bit!