Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Transfer to Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A Transfer to Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=12573)

A Transfer to Balmung - Mbioana - 07-13-2015

Hey! I swapped into Balmung in hopes of a more populated server, saw a few people RPing, and thought it looked interesting! I've been into writing and character development for a while now, so this seems like a really cool avenue of it to explore.
MMORPG Experience: I've hopped between MMOs for around 8 years now? Stuck with WoW for about a year, but I was never really as into it as I am FFXIV. There's too many good characters here for me not to get attached.
-RP experience: Unfortunately, none yet. But I hope to change that.
-Character info: I've only developed him a little bit (that '100 Questions to Ask your Character' is kicking my ass, but I'm trying), but my main is a Seeker of the Sun sell-sword named Tenzing (His given name is T'venkha Tia, but he has his reasons) who's made Gridania his new home in hopes of joining the Order of the Twin Adder. He's generally a nice guy, really mellow and go-with-the-flow, but years of avoiding confrontation/cultivating a more passive personality have left him kind of a secret asshole (At some point he started living by 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all", but it didn't really have the effect he was going for). 
--How did you learn about the coalition? I made a post on tumblr about my lack of RP-know-how, and some nice people pointed me in this direction.
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be?: Probably light-medium, but if I enjoy myself enough I might work my way towards heavy.

I guess that's all I have to say right now (this feels like too much, oh man), I look forward to my time on this server!

RE: A Transfer to Balmung - Aya - 07-13-2015

Welcome to Balmung! ^_^

RE: A Transfer to Balmung - Edda - 07-13-2015

Welcome to the Best and Worst Server! Hope to see you around.

RE: A Transfer to Balmung - Nebbs - 07-14-2015

Welcome

A good reference is [The Role-Play Handbook] a great resource.

Also check out the [RP Linkskell & Free Company Lists for Balmung] for things that suit you.

Fell free to come join us in [Hugs & Cakes Link Shell] where there is a nice positive bunch of RPers.

RE: A Transfer to Balmung - Misuzu - 07-14-2015

Welcome to Balmung! Enjoy the ride Smile

RE: A Transfer to Balmung - 13uddy - 07-14-2015

(07-13-2015, 06:20 PM)Mbioana Wrote: -RP experience: Unfortunately, none yet. But I hope to change that.

Welcome to the dark side, mwa-ha-ha!!

No, I'm mostly kidding.  Welcome!

Take things easy and don't let the RP intimidate you because it really isn't as hard as some of us make it out to be.  It can be, but that all depends on what you want to put into the experience.  Some people like to nail down every single detail from birth to present day, some people like to just go with the flow and only have a few bare minimum ideas for the character.  Just do what feels comfortable for you.