Hydaelyn Role-Players
BETA!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: BETA!! (/showthread.php?tid=126)

BETA!! - Eva - 05-28-2010

:cheer:

I just got my email today that I'm approved for Beta! Tester website available for login on 6/2 apparently.

SE Wrote:Applicants selected as testers will be eligible to participate with
the beginning of the second stage of the Alpha Test.
We hope that you will continue to assist us in improving the game
throughout the entirety of the Alpha and Beta Tests.

So who else is in?

Re: BETA!! - Aveline - 05-28-2010

Congrats!! I'm on the tester boards as Aveline ^_^

I will see you next week!

P.S.: Have you tried logging in today? It seems some new testers are able to login now

Re: BETA!! - Valiant - 05-28-2010

Lucky!!!
Congratulations to you both!! :cheer:

Re: BETA!! - Eltharian - 05-29-2010

Congrats! Big Grin

Gotta go check my e-mail now just. in. case. Tongue

Re: BETA!! - Eva - 05-29-2010

No early login for me, looks like. Cry

I get this message when I try:

Quote:You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

Re: BETA!! - Seraphine Felstar - 05-29-2010

I saw that on your IM message last night and figured you'd be freaking out. Congrats ^^

Re: BETA!! - Eva - 06-03-2010

Ok, so it's not Beta. It's still Alpha. And after spending about 45 minutes trying to log in over and over after work yesterday, I came to find out that there are particular windows of time where alpha testing occurs, the next I believe to take place tonight (much to the dismay of my limbus group lol).

Anyway, I'm 'Zelorius' on the tester boards if you want to reach out to me. I know they've been talking about multiple servers, so I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone or not. I'm not planning to make 'Kes' since she will not be from Limsa but I have a few ideas bouncing around for a character that may have some involvement with her story.

Re: BETA!! - Aveline - 06-03-2010

Cool, I'm restarting and making Oryn Dintwoodie (my toon for our Limsa-Lominsa RP) so I may or may not see you tonight, depending on what servers we end up on Big Grin Are you on the IRC channel for beta?

And yeah testing starts tonight @ 6pm PST

Re: BETA!! - Eva - 06-03-2010

I wasn't aware there was an IRC for it. I'll look it up later on this evening after work when I get back from the gym. If we wind up on the same server, maybe you can help me muddle through the 'newbie' phase.

:cheer:

Re: BETA!! - River - 06-04-2010

Congratulations to the two of you. My luck is trashed yet again. Wink

Re: BETA!! - Eva - 06-04-2010

I don't know how much I can publicly share, but I will say that it was a thoroughally enjoyable experience - especially character creation (omg!!) At times though, it didn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. Regardless it was most certainly not a letdown and I'm looking forward to the Saturday evening window now. If anyone has any specific questions or would like to see any screencaps, please feel free to PM me.

Re: BETA!! - Gossamer - 06-06-2010

Well, being in beta means you're not supposed to share anything with non-beta testers. Just saying you are in beta is breaking the NDA you agreed to when signing up, though it doesn't seem that SE is coming down on anyone who doesn't do any major NDA-breaking. I know there was someone who had a live feed running of an alpha test session and their beta testing invitation was revoked.

I actually work with running this sort of QA stuff with a game company, and people breaking NDAs can be a major headache. And our clients could technically choose to sue them. But then again, we don't do anything this large scale so we don't have too much to worry about in that area. XD

But congrats on getting in and do lots of bug finding for us. Smile