Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] (/showthread.php?tid=12615)

The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] - QueenFrejyalen - 07-16-2015

[ This is my first time posting here for RP, but I figured I'd give it a shot!  I'm working on developing Frejyalen's "voice" so forgive me if she's not entirely.. Cohesive just yet!

This is an OPEN RP, anyone is free to respond and play out the scenes~!  But it might take a few hours/a day for me to respond (as I'll most likely be working). Also I'm on mobile so..sorry in advance for format errors?

Frejyalen's wiki is here, and her attendant is just a whipped up NPC.  He doesn't have a name yet, feel free to make one up or utilize him in your posts haha. ]

"Please...if yeh could..spare some gil.." an old beggar man crooned as they came through the Gate of Thal.

The phrase was a common enough occurrence in the lower rungs of Ul'dah that she should be used to it by now, but still the Lady's heart sank each time.  She knew her attendant would think it ill-advised, but the Lady fished through her purse for a few spare coins and dropped them into the old beggar's hat.

"Thank yeh miss.." the old man said, but the lalafellan Lady put a paint-tipped finger to her lips to quiet him.

The attendant in front of her sighed, pretending not to hear the exchange.  The Lady followed quietly behind the him, keenly observing the Jewel that she had not seen for quite some time.

As always the city's patronage was diverse and robust.  The streetgoers happily carried out their business beneath the broiling desert sun, outfitted in the varying styles seen through-out Thanalan and beyond.  The Sapphire Avenue was lined with it's signature stalls, the merchants of them engaged in a contest of whom could draw the most profitable crowd.

"You would do well to stay close, Lady Frejyalen," the attendant said to his charge, "One foot off the Avenue might lead you into a pit of snakes, trustin' as you are."

The Lady smiled calmly, lifting her head with a learned posture, her hands folded together at the small of her back.  She stood at least three ilms taller than the other lalafell residents, and wore subtle red and white paints on her richly colored skin.  Her silken robes were finely decorated, an embroidered sash tied about her waist.

"Pray, do not think me possessed of naivity," she said with a light chuckle, "For I have known this city before; I am no stranger, as one might think."

The attendant bowed his head, and they continued onward, perusing the stalls at a more relaxed pace.

[[mod note: for other's visibility, we have reset the text size back to the default instead of extra-large]]

((Thank you to the mod who fixed this, I could not tell on my phone that it was so big.  ;^; ))

RE: The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-16-2015

Franz stood at one of the stalls in the Ul'dahn markets, heavily debating what exactly he wanted to purchase. The vendor patiently waited, trying to see if he could perhaps speed up the purchase and resume his search for additional customers. “Good sir...the miq'abobs are only 400 gil a piece. Surely one of your...erm...size….would be interested in those?” A line was beginning to form behind the Highlander-sized man.

“I suppose that will do. Two of the dodo and one of the mushroom ones, then.” Placing the necessary gil on the counter, he was handed his miq’abobs in a small paper holder and continued on his way.

Continuing down his path, he passed by a lalafellin girl, or, he assumed girl. He was certain the person was female, but had difficulty making a guess at age. She’d seemed vaguely familiar, but he could not quite place her name. Franz stopped a moment to stare, wondering if he remember. A half-eaten miq’abob in his mouth... "huh...looksh fami'yer."

RE: The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] - QueenFrejyalen - 07-19-2015

[ My apologies for the late reply... @.@  Overtime pay draws me away haha.. ]

From the corner of her eye she spotted a tall, ginger-haired hyuran man as he did a double take in her direction; he was vaguely recognizable, though she wasn't sure from where...  The remembrance came to her after some consideration - of an auction held at a basement bar she'd only ever been to that once.  They'd met only briefly but she was sure his name was on the tip of her tongue... if only she could recall it.

"It's been some time, Ser," she called to him with a polite wave, "If you should remember me, we've met only the once."

Lady Frejyalen crossed the avenue toward the man, her attendant startling and picking up his pace to follow a few steps behind.  She took note of the miq'abob between the familiar face's teeth and giggled lightly.  Until then, she hadn't noticed that she was getting a bit hungry as well.

"A fine choice you've made, Ser, perhaps I will partake in some myself.."  

She looked to the attendant plainly, waiting for him to catch onto her subtle provocation.  He sighed and nodded, giving the other man a hard look before heading to the meat vendor's stand.  She turned back to the familiar man and gave a sly grin.

RE: The Lady Returns to Ul'dah [Open RP] - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-19-2015

Slightly embarrassed he'd been caught talking with his mouth full, Franz attempted to hastily swallow the bite in progress, nearly choking as he forced it down. "Er...umm ehm hello. Been a while, I think. "

He had nearly no recollection of her name. Frey-something? They had only met that one time. He thought it fairly remarkable he had remembered at all.

"I should apologize, I can't quite recall your name."