Hydaelyn Role-Players
What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? (/showthread.php?tid=12632)

Pages: 1 2

What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Edgar - 07-18-2015

There are a lot of moments in-game where one is simply taken aback at how awesome things are. Those moments of sheer joy and happiness that remind you, had you any doubt before, why you play this game. I want to hear what moments those were for you guys.

It can be OOC, IC, whatever you think will work.

Have at it!

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Asmodean - 07-18-2015

My greatest moment in FF14 was originally back in 2.0. Beating Titan Hard mode with a duty finder group. It just felt great to have what I needed to get my Curtana after throwing myself at the rock man for the past four hours. However with Hevenswards out I would have to make the final battle of 3.0 as greatest moment of FF14 so far.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Xydane - 07-18-2015

I'm going to have to go with beating the original Titan as well. I forgot the name of the guild I was hanging out with during the time (sorry guys, it's been a hot minute!) but after an entire weekend of trying to finish him off, we finally succeeded. I was also able to obtain the main quest weapon.

I was so close to grabbing a handgun and shooting my laptop. #RageQuit

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Finn - 07-18-2015

I've got a few, but one of the ones that stand out is when I beat Ornstein and Smough on my first attempt. Words can't describe how much I hate Ornstein and God damn Smough.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Zephyo - 07-18-2015

Hawken

Jump back into the game in my Bruiser after the big announcement that a new developer had begun reviving the game. Subsequently beat my first TDM game by leading my team in kill count and without getting killed once in the 15 minute match.  All in a Bruiser.

Bloodborne.

The Vicar Amelia fight. Summoned a mook to help me beat the boss, but ended up dying about a minute into the battle. Burn all my vials, down to a fourth of my health, and manage to land the deathblow a frame before the boss launched its would-be deathblow.

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that are the most recent for me.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Magellan - 07-18-2015

Beating Twintania. My first time ever getting into raiding, and it was a blast Big Grin

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Virella - 07-18-2015

While back in the days (lol) I cleared all the coils, but t7 holds a special place in my heart. IF I STILL HAD ONE. THE SNAKE LADIES TOOK IT.

God that fight was such a pain in the ass before it got nerfed to shreds.

t7 true scob endboss.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - KitKat - 07-19-2015

(07-18-2015, 08:00 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: While back in the days (lol) I cleared all the coils, but t7 holds a special place in my heart. IF I STILL HAD ONE. THE SNAKE LADIES TOOK IT.

God that fight was such a pain in the ass before it got nerfed to shreds.

t7 true scob endboss.

Prenerf T7 ruins more friendships than Mario Kart and Mario Party combined.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - ChewableMorphine - 07-19-2015

Probably clearing the Chrysler Building in Parasite Eve or some other superdungeon in a JRPG. The Abyss in Wild ARMs 3 is a notable one I managed to clear.

Uhhh, otherwise I guess completing a no alert, no kill run in MGS4. Though thats not all too hard now.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Blue - 07-19-2015

My best in-game moment on XIV was immediately after the worst one: my very first time getting kicked out of an instance.

I was on SCH at the beginning of Aurum Vale and well... I suppose the tank expected a little better from me. He pulled the whole room, and I couldn't keep up. Eos kept dying (for flying of the golden pools, among getting hit by AoEs too), and I just couldn't make it. Without so much of a word, I found myself kicked out of instance.

However I didn't give in, and used Join In-Progress to return to that same group in that same instance. I know most of players are angry at kicked people being able to re-join the instances they were kicked from, but I think I was a golden example of why it's not a bad thing.

I returned, without making a scene, and simply did my job. Turns out that I wasn't so bad of a healer after all. We got all the way to the last boss, and what do you know....

I walked out with 3/3 commendations. That was the best moment of my in-game career. To realize that I had made up for my mistakes and changed others' minds about my skills as a player. Not only they didn't kick me out again, but they even had a change of heart and thought I was worthy their commendation. It was a very good feeling.

I don't think I've ever cared about any commendation but those.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Caspar - 07-19-2015

Finishing Occupy Arteria Carpals in Armored Core 4 Answerr. Still easily one of the hardest experiences a video game has subjected me to ever. My reward? Probably one of the darkest endings in the series... And it's canon.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - C'kayah Polaali - 07-19-2015

My best moment was actually in Eve Online. I mainly flew frigates and interceptors, which are small, fast ships. There was a moment during the tail end of the first big nullsec wars when I was jumped by 5 frigates. I was about 8 jumps away from my home base, and in one of the fastest interceptor in the game (the Claw! Heart!), so I blazed back to home base with the 5 enemies in hot pursuit. I made it back to base and docked, and saw that the 5 were hanging out in system, so I guessed they were camping the exit point of the station, keeping me bottled up. Now I happened to have been playing around with a loadout for an anti-frigate cruiser: Battleship-class armor, frigate-class autocannons, and fast drones. Normally a cruiser doesn't stand a chance against multiple frigates, as they can orbit it so tightly and so fast that it's larger guns can't track them, so I counted on them doing this tactic with me if I undocked in the cruiser.

So I did.

And they did.

I destroyed 4 of them, the last one managing to escape before I could finish it off. A friend in a nearby system said it was amusing watching me zip into my base system with 5 enemies behind me, and then see this stream of their escape pods come back out a few minutes later.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Threndual - 07-19-2015

My best moment in gaming is probably going to have to be the ending of Mass Effect 2 upon completing the suicide mission with no crew mates dying.

Words cannot express the amazingness that was Mass Effect 2

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - Seye Qhesu - 07-19-2015

My best game moment ever was in WoW back in Wrath of the Lich King. It was when people would have to stack warlocks for Yogg Zero 25man just to attempt to beat it. We had been wiping for ages on it and the first kill was just done that day (but with the bug of course) so a hotfix was placed in right before our next raid time to fix the obvious bug. We were low on warlocks so we had two resto druids go moonkin. MANY MOONFIRES!

Much nerd screaming.

World 34th.

It will always be in my heart.

RE: What's Your Best Game Moment Ever? - 13uddy - 07-19-2015

Don't really have any here yet except for finding out just how awesome other players in the game can be.  It is almost like a never-ending best OOC moment when people continue to surprise you and are almost NOTHING like the players you grew used to expecting in some other games.  
One of my best MMO moments is a combo IC and OOC moment.

Back in the days of Star Wars Galaxies, I remember sitting around the Mos Eisley Cantina waiting for my friends to log in.  I was playing my character Daxter Jex, being sociable with the entertainers and passerby, when somebody I'd never met came in and sat down in full Tusken Raider gear.  I don't know if this person is playing a character or just OOC, so I leave him be.  After a while he starts chatting to some girl (can't think of her name offhand, she was part of an Entertainer guild I knew, but I wasn't close with her) and speaking in-character that he's a Tusken Raider.  Then came the kicker where he offered to show her his face, which is taboo in Tusken Raider culture but the player didn't know that.

So I change my speech to whispering and say to him in-character "Dude, nice pickup line.  But be careful, if you tried that on a native they might know you're a fraud since showing your face is taboo in Tusken Raider culture.  It isn't common knowledge, but be careful all the same".

The kid sent me a tell OOCly "OH MAN!!  I didn't know about that!  I was going to RP a Tusken, but now I've messed up!"

I calmed him down and told him it wasn't a problem, then we got to talking about Star Wars in general and just being big geeks.  I invited him to come along with my friends and I just to see if anyone could offer him some tips since he decided not to RP a Tusken after all.  He decided to reroll a Wookiee, and we got him all set up with Wookiee clothing and a nice Bowcaster as well as a home and speeder and everything.

After that, without even realizing it at first, I'd ended up with my new partner in crime.  We were like Han and Chewie meets Laurel and Hardy in character, and OOC we were just as inseparable.  

Although we've never met face to face, he remains someone I consider one of my closest friends to this day.