Hydaelyn Role-Players
Amesoeurs - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Amesoeurs (/showthread.php?tid=12642)

Pages: 1 2 3

Amesoeurs - Sig - 07-19-2015

Amesoeurs

Purpose:  Amesoeurs is a linkshell intended for tasteful, mature roleplay.  It is a linkshell for those who value wit, charm, and morally ambiguous perspectives.  It is a community open to those who sometimes shy away from grandiose conflicts and existential causes.  It is a place that favors adventure, the glimmer of gil, and frivolity.  But most of all, Amesoeurs is intended to help bring skilled role-players together and promote diverse forms of RP.  

Style:  We flavor most roleplay with mature and clever themes.  We welcome IC content in droves and clearly-designated OOC banter.  Ultimately, we desire to promote a friendly, welcoming community of novel characters, rogues, merchants, outcasts, and others who walk interesting paths.  We value entertaining and amusing role-play and commentary: OOC drama and nazi-like behaviors are expressly forbidden.  

Recruitment:  Amesoeurs is currently seeking members.  We would be pleased to extend invitations to interested role-players after a brief OOC discussion and/or RP session.  If interested, please post below, or send me or Capheira a PM. Alternatively, please contact Odette Saoirse or Sigurd Sundsteigen in-game for an invite.

[Image: FF6-Fanart-final-fantasy-vi-24633541-1055-1000.jpg]

The Vision:  Sig had been relaxing at his usual haunt - the chair with the rickety leg, which happened to be sunk in the middle of the Quicksand.  He wasn't quite sure when the idea hit: it might have been sometime after the fifth glass of wine, or the third bowl of moko grass.  Yet, those icy blue eyes gleamed when that novel idea came to him - a most amusing social venture.  "Amesoeurs," he muttered to himself, causing the wine-soaked wood pipe resting between his lips to bounce slightly.  Moments later, Sig took another sip of wine and commented, "a fitting name."

Sig lowered the strange mechanical contraption that had lit the moko grass tucked in his pipe seconds before, quenching the small flame.  He tucked the device back in his coat, reclining back in the chair and muttering, "...Yes, that'll do nicely."  Sig had been searching for affable colleagues for some time now; like souls, who walked walked between the lines. Those with wit, charm, and insatiable appetites.  "Amesoeurs."  With the name settled, it was only a matter of finding those who understood and could keep their footing.

Ground Rules:   We impose only a few rules because we trust members will treat others with respect and behave like adults: (1) be courteous and respectful to fellow members; (2) designate OOC comments and minimize OOC banter if the channel is being used for RP; and (3) please be at least 18+ -- we enjoy using "colorful language" over the linkshell.

-----------

"Living alone, far away from everything,
Standing on the roofs of the world,
When night holds the town,
Together we will run,
Like fools in the dark alleys."

- Neige.

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 07-30-2015

Late July 2015 Update:

OOC:  Amesoeurs is growing! We are trying to increase cross-linkshell IC chatter and expand the social net further.  Hopefully, we can continue helping connect skilled RP'ers who enjoy RPing complex, interesting, and morally ambiguous characters!  I intend to update the OP with the names of others who can extend in-game invites sometime soon.

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 08-31-2015

August 2015 (AT WORK) Update:

OOC:  Rawr!  Amesoeurs continues to grow.  We're around 50 strong now and seeking to make that social net grow further.  We're looking around for potential meet-up locations and may also consider planning some events in the forthcoming weeks!

Stay tuned!

RE: Amesoeurs - RhysSebastian - 09-01-2015

I'd like to join, ingame name Rhys Sebastian.

Thanks.

RE: Amesoeurs - Amrak Sekushi - 09-07-2015

Reading the post, I'd like to join :3, I'm currently online as of posting this, under the name Bardam Dhoro. Hoping to hear back switfly!

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 09-08-2015

(09-07-2015, 05:51 PM)Amrak Sekushi Wrote: Reading the post, I'd like to join :3, I'm currently online as of posting this, under the name Bardam Dhoro. Hoping to hear back switfly!

Rhys & Amark,

I should be on this evening and tomorrow evening around 6:00 PM PST for invites.  Feel free to send me an IM if those times do not work, and we can identify alternatives.

RE: Amesoeurs - JenryaLee - 09-29-2015

This linkshell sounds interesting. Any chance of an invite? Hyperion Server: Goudai Jenrya.

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 09-30-2015

(09-29-2015, 09:19 PM)JenryaLee Wrote: This linkshell sounds interesting. Any chance of an invite? Hyperion Server: Goudai Jenrya.

We're on Balmung, sadly!  Transfer it up, XD!

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 09-30-2015

September 2015 update:

OOC:  Amesoeurs has really taken off with the help of an amazing cast of great RP'ers!  We're getting some fairly regular witty, dramatic, funny, and zany IC banter!  I'll be on vacation from Oct. 2 through Oct 11, 2015.  During this time, please feel free to bug Nero Varus, Skylar Brooks, or Khana Borlaaq for an invite in-game!  We're about 65 strong and always looking for more skilled RP'ers to join the fun!

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 10-23-2015

October 2015 Update:

What a lovely month!  Our LS remains a great RP resource!  It is full of friendly and talented RP'ers who enjoy tasteful, amazing roleplay of all sorts of variety.  Clever OOC banter has become more common in the LS too!  

If interested, please message me, or send Sigurd Sundsteigen or Khaana Borlaaq a tell in-game!  We're happy to extend invites to RP'ers and are open to fairly flexible IC invitations (i.e. - find pearl in Ul'Dah, etc).

RE: Amesoeurs - Valence - 11-02-2015

Hello folks, Tonberry

As I am prospecting a bit for LS, connections, and probably a FC too, as a newcomer, this LC really caught my eye (and not just for the nice Amano illustration).

While I still have maybe to write a wiki for my character and continue developing her, the rough outline is laid in my mind, and I would like to get in touch. Maybe it could also help me define her further eventually. Surely.

You sure strike me as the kind of group that could work for me...

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 05:03 PM)Valence Wrote: Hello folks, Tonberry

As I am prospecting a bit for LS, connections, and probably a FC too, as a newcomer, this LC really caught my eye (and not just for the nice Amano illustration).

While I still have maybe to write a wiki for my character and continue developing her, the rough outline is laid in my mind, and I would like to get in touch. Maybe it could also help me define her further eventually. Surely.

You sure strike me as the kind of group that could work for me...

Thanks for the post showing interest!  Feel free to send me or Khana Borlaaq a tell in-game, or send me a private message.  I'd be happy to discuss any character development questions or general RP stuff with you!

RE: Amesoeurs - xypher - 11-18-2015

Oooh, are you guys still looking for members? I have a char who is in desperate need of RP links (and is grossly underdeveloped thanks to lack of finding a good one) and you guys seem like the perfect fit for him!

If you're not open that's fine, but I'm kinda psyched about this so here's to hoping! Moogle

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 11-18-2015

(11-18-2015, 06:22 AM)xypher Wrote: Oooh, are you guys still looking for members? I have a char who is in desperate need of RP links (and is grossly underdeveloped thanks to lack of finding a good one) and you guys seem like the perfect fit for him!

If you're not open that's fine, but I'm kinda psyched about this so here's to hoping! Moogle

Absolutely!  We still have plenty of space for more great RP'ers.  The LS offers both IC and OOC connections for RP.  We'd be happy to have you aboard.  Please send me or Khana Borlaaq a tell in-game for an invite.

RE: Amesoeurs - Sig - 11-24-2015

November 24, 2015 Pre-Thanksgiving Update: 

We've grown to a healthy 90 members from a variety of FC's!  We enjoy the company of some of the most entertaining and witty RP'ers on the server, and are always happy to invite anyone interested.  I'm out of town on vacation from Nov. 25-29, 2015.  Feel free to send me RPC messages with any questions during this time!