Hydaelyn Role-Players
You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) (/showthread.php?tid=12648)

You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - -no longer matters- - 07-20-2015

I've never really wanted a house in this game, all I've ever wanted was a room really. That I could decorate etc., but I don't want my room attached to a Free Company, I want it to be mine. So I was thinking why couldn't they add apartments to the game. They can function much like Inn Rooms, but you could decorate it and customize it.  (Much like my memory of the FFXI rooms, my memory could be flawed though.)

I know some people see this as an unneeded thing, but I thought it could be an affordable option for those of us that just want a little place to call home.

What do you all think, something that could be feasible, or a waste of game development resources?

Do you have a character that would function better having an apartment as opposed to a house?

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - ChewableMorphine - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 11:28 AM)War Siren Wrote: I've never really wanted a house in this game, all I've ever wanted was a room really. That I could decorate etc., but I don't want my room attached to a Free Company, I want it to be mine. So I was thinking why couldn't they add apartments to the game. They can function much like Inn Rooms, but you could decorate it and customize it.  (Much like my memory of the FFXI rooms, my memory could be flawed though.)

I know some people see this as an unneeded thing, but I thought it cold be an affordable option for those of us that just want a little place to call home.

What do you all think, something that could be feasible, or a waste of game development resources?

Do you have a character that would function better having an apartment as opposed to a house?

It'd be a really neat concept if they were to be accessible from an innkeeper, allowing people to invite guests at a far simpler means. Also not gonna lie I thought the topic said You know what I'd like to see? Apartheid!".

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - -no longer matters- - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 12:41 PM)Flynt Reddard Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 11:28 AM)War Siren Wrote: I've never really wanted a house in this game, all I've ever wanted was a room really. That I could decorate etc., but I don't want my room attached to a Free Company, I want it to be mine. So I was thinking why couldn't they add apartments to the game. They can function much like Inn Rooms, but you could decorate it and customize it.  (Much like my memory of the FFXI rooms, my memory could be flawed though.)

I know some people see this as an unneeded thing, but I thought it cold be an affordable option for those of us that just want a little place to call home.

It'd be a really neat concept if they were to be accessible from an innkeeper, allowing people to invite guests at a far simpler means. Also not gonna lie I thought the topic said You know what I'd like to see? Apartheid!".
Right that would be cool too, but your room would only be accessible from the inn you purchased it from!

Also that last part would be bad!! O_O (Yes I had to google it.)

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - A'kos Saiyal - 07-20-2015

I was thinking something like this after the housing question thread and finding out how hard it is, or expensive it is to get a house.

I like how it's done in SWTOR, in that you have instanced homes of various sizes. I'd like to see that in FFXIV, they don't have to have the garden or stable being an apartment, but some kind of home that we could decorate and invite people into or give keys to in order to let someone in while we weren't there.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - LiadansWhisper - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 06:28 PM)A Wrote: I was thinking something like this after the housing question thread and finding out how hard it is, or expensive it is to get a house.  

I like how it's done in SWTOR, in that you have instanced homes of various sizes.  I'd like to see that in FFXIV, they don't have to have the garden or stable being an apartment, but some kind of home that we could decorate and invite people into or give keys to in order to let someone in while we weren't there.

Part of the issue is that one of the things driving desire for housing is that Chocobo raising, gardening, and airships are all locked behind housing.  Apartment housing won't really solve that (though I want it for an option, too ._.).

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - -no longer matters- - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 07:41 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 06:28 PM)A Wrote: I was thinking something like this after the housing question thread and finding out how hard it is, or expensive it is to get a house.  

I like how it's done in SWTOR, in that you have instanced homes of various sizes.  I'd like to see that in FFXIV, they don't have to have the garden or stable being an apartment, but some kind of home that we could decorate and invite people into or give keys to in order to let someone in while we weren't there.

Part of the issue is that one of the things driving desire for housing is that Chocobo raising, gardening, and airships are all locked behind housing.  Apartment housing won't really solve that (though I want it for an option, too ._.).
Yeah those are things I don't care to much about, but man I want to decorate something and it be my own, not attached to an FC and not going to cost me my eternal soul... in Gil!

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Enla - 07-20-2015

I'd really like tiered phased apartments, where you can buy up to a medium house's sized worth of space and not have to worry about competing with the rest of the server for those few slots that rarely come up to auction. Hell I know many players would love to run IC shops or the like from a house but just don't have the money to break in. Making the apartments larger, -or- at the very least allowing us to upgrade existing rooms at the FC's would help facilitate that for those of us who don't wish to dedicate the time to not only earning more money to buy it but also track down someone who is selling.

What I really -truly- want however, even if it would never affect me, is wards that make clear distinctions between FC and player housing. There are a lot of FC's that -need- housing that just can't get a break, and there are plenty of players who want it as well. Separate the two to give both opportunities to have what they want, and throw in apartments so that everyone else can have some small slice of the pie.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Blue - 07-20-2015

I'd like to see unused plots reset feature implemented already.

Tired to stare at that claimed, naked Large mansion in the Goblet. Or at those 3-4 inactive FC houses spread among the oldest wards.

Flame me all you want, but if you don't use it, you don't need it. People who aren't paying their subscription shouldn't retain content that occupies space even when you're logged off.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - LiadansWhisper - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 08:25 PM)Enla Wrote: I'd really like tiered phased apartments, where you can buy up to a medium house's sized worth of space and not have to worry about competing with the rest of the server for those few slots that rarely come up to auction. Hell I know many players would love to run IC shops or the like from a house but just don't have the money to break in. Making the apartments larger, -or- at the very least allowing us to upgrade existing rooms at the FC's would help facilitate that for those of us who don't wish to dedicate the time to not only earning more money to buy it but also track down someone who is selling.

This would honestly be amazing.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Naunet - 07-20-2015

There's so much wrong with FFXIV's housing, it's really hard to say anything other than just, "It's complete crap". But really, so long as SE persists in poor design choices, like extremely limited space, tying sought-after game systems to low-availability housing, obscene pricing, coding certain features in ways that make it impossible to improve availability (e.g. gardens needing to "talk" to the server), low customization in item placement, and forcing FCs and individuals to compete... it's gonna be hard for any minor improvements to really have impact.

That said, it would be nice to see housing where individuals do not have to compete with FCs. I suppose an apartment system would help that.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Cato - 07-20-2015

If and when support for the PS3 is ditched then I imagine the developers will be able to make housing much more satisfying and player friendly. Sadly that likely won't be until the next expansion at the very least.

It's the only aspect of the game where I feel the developers have failed but that's not to suggest that I'm without sympathy for their plight and the limits they have to work with.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Qhora Bajihri - 07-21-2015

(07-20-2015, 07:41 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Part of the issue is that one of the things driving desire for housing is that Chocobo raising, gardening, and airships are all locked behind housing.  Apartment housing won't really solve that (though I want it for an option, too ._.).

When they were initially saying how personal housing would be separate from FC housing, I was racking my brain to figure out how gardening and chocobos would work without... being the same. I thought they were going to come up with something fascinating.

I initially thought some of those little areas at the edges of the housing area maps were going to lead to essentially apartment buildings of sorts.

But in the end, none of these things happened.

Making the inn rooms customizable sounds like it should be reasonable. They're already there after all. Customization could be quest locked, rent an apartment instead of a room?

I've been wondering if they'll ever do an overhaul. There are certainly enough complaints to warrant a new, better system, but the gil people have put into what already exists seems likely to make any massive sweeping fixes, no matter how desired, a definite recipe for disaster.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Nebbs - 07-21-2015

This has been pitched a few time I think. The low supply of housing has locked out a good number of folks from game features and forces you to accept the "rule" of a FC in order to get them.

I would like something like this, maybe like the Inn rooms or something, with the ability to have others come in.

Also you could have:

1. A GC stable to enable you to do the Chocobo things

2. A window box approach to gardening with maybe three slots

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Cynel1 - 07-21-2015

this Apartment system would work for players who cant afford housing.

RE: You know what I'd like to see? Apartments! (Housing) - Corelyn - 07-21-2015

I do believe they said something during the last live letter about friends being able to go in on housing together. I don't remember exactly what, but it would allow people to look for housemates, etc. Not an apartment, per se, but it could allow for expansion from there, I suppose.