Hydaelyn Role-Players
Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! (/showthread.php?tid=12760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Blue - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 12:05 PM)Aaron Wrote: Somebody add Gokus hair into this. Please? Lol.

The rules demand the artwork to be original, so I think they also mean to avoid "trademark" hairstyles from other franchises or even other titles within SE's franchise itself (though I foresee some people entering Sephiroth's hair all the same).

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - LiadansWhisper - 07-29-2015

Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE design some long, flowy hair for ladies.  I need it.  Sad

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Arrelaine - 07-29-2015

scribbling so hard so hard

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Cailean Lockwood - 07-29-2015

I would love to see a sideways mohawk for the guys. Like this:

[Image: lxsif.jpg]

Edit: Added more examples.

[Image: tumblr_ns9aj6ZVRz1ts308jo8_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ns9aj6ZVRz1ts308jo2_1280.jpg]
Got them from here: http://yuki-no-kami.tumblr.com/post/125350385893/opening-up-limited-commissions-for-the-time

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Aaron - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 12:12 PM)Blue Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 12:05 PM)Aaron Wrote: Somebody add Gokus hair into this. Please? Lol.

The rules demand the artwork to be original, so I think they also mean to avoid "trademark" hairstyles from other franchises or even other titles within SE's franchise itself (though I foresee some people entering Sephiroth's hair all the same).
Oh.

Well in that case I hope someone enters something original yet more akin to the fringe cuts like Thancreds so I can finally change my goddamn hair in game for once.

I like hairstyles that eat away at the forehead and sides of the face like Noctis & Thancreds.

(07-29-2015, 12:27 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 12:12 PM)Blue Wrote:

Oh.

Well in that case I hope someone enters something original yet more akin to the fringe cuts like Thancreds so I can finally change my goddamn hair in game for once.

I like hairstyles that eat away at the forehead and sides of the face like Noctis & Thancreds.

Yeah, totally agree! (Also I wish Thancred's hair was extended to all race/genders... I'm so jealous of Midlander males, Au Ra males and Highlander females >.>)

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Roda - 07-29-2015

Kind of upset it's based off of likes. :T
This way we're less likely to see interesting/unique hairstyles and more of the same, but with "X" minor alteration.

Calling it now, the ladies are destined to get at least 500 side ponytail entries.

Me, I'd like to see some single-braid hairstyle for males.

[Image: 483.jpg]

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Cailean Lockwood - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 12:35 PM)Blue Wrote: Me, I'd like to see some single-braid hairstyle for males.

[Image: 483.jpg]

That would be pretty cool, actually. But whoa... that's one bishie boy. XD

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Cato - 07-29-2015

I'd really like some more short hairstyles for male characters. There's a severe lack of them at the moment...

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - -no longer matters- - 07-29-2015

I entered, haha I went really simple on the design and the graphics to emphasize the hair style. I'll share after they make selections. :3 ... No offense but ya'll are competition atm. Tongue

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Flickering Ember - 07-29-2015

Looks like hair is going to need to be at least long enough to hide the ears considering Au Ra and Mi'qote have to be able to wear it too.
Which is a shame because I am on a never ending quest for corn rows. Every. Single. MMO.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Gegenji - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 01:04 PM)War Siren Wrote: I entered, haha I went really simple on the design and the graphics to emphasize the hair style. I'll share after they make selections. :3 ... No offense but ya'll are competition atm. Tongue

I literally MSPainted something. I don't think I'm any sort of competition unless these boredom sketches I did get scanned in at some point and they accept them over my initial submission. Blush

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - -no longer matters- - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 01:19 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 01:04 PM)War Siren Wrote: I entered, haha I went really simple on the design and the graphics to emphasize the hair style. I'll share after they make selections. :3 ... No offense but ya'll are competition atm. Tongue

I literally MSPainted something. I don't think I'm any sort of competition unless these boredom sketches I did get scanned in at some point and they accept them over my initial submission. Blush
I used photoshop and a mouse to draw them ahaha but yeah I  have better ones I drew on scratch paper out of boredom.

RE: Announcing the Hairstyle Design Contest! - Aaron - 07-29-2015

When is the end of the contest?

My drawing has gotten significantly better (haven't posted any yet though) because I've been practicing non stop and I wanna enter a design on paper.

Already got all muh materials ready but won't be able to work on it till Friday.