Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] (/showthread.php?tid=12767)

Pages: 1 2

Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-29-2015

The seas did writhe and the seas did roar
Crashing down on rocky shores
Sails did rip and masts did break
Hulls did shatter and hearts did quake

Yet still one traveled the waves
Koen Eidindraga the great, the brave

Gods and demons did walk the earth
Weak men did cry out, their fate, their curse
They spoke out of how the world was doomed
Praying to foreign gods, they readied their tombs

Yet not all the people were so faint of heart
To their king they looked, and ancient charts
They gathered then, the brave, the quick
Every mast, and every ship

Before Eidindraga they said their vows
Travel with him, to end this evil most foul
To the ends of the sea, over and beyond
A thousand voices did cheer, a hundred horns did sound
The longships pushed off, into raging storms
At their head Koen Eidindraga , his brow unadorned
His axe his scepter
His helm his crown

Recovered Fragment, The Saga of Eidendraga

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Waves below, ‘is stuff is light.”

The Sunseeker turns the bar in her hand, silvery reflections of lamplight playing across her features. “You ‘ure it’s as strong as they say?”

“For the last time sister… yes.” The man leans forward and picks up a bar of his own, features shrouded under a grey cowl. The voice is steady and precise, each word spoken with an air of deliberation. “Strong as iron, and half as light.”

He brushes the mouldy straw off the top of the battered crate, revealing packed bars of gleaming steel. “Remarkably resistant to corrosion as well…”

“Mm… won’t do us a s’liver of good, so long as we’re stuck out here.” She shivers, the dark fur on her ears and tail standing on edge. “Hells Frederick, you know father will be in a right fury. Hadn’t had this pissing airship for more than a hand of moons, and already we damn near crashed the thing.”

“Fucking ‘agic users.” She growls, kicking the side of the hull. “No ‘ffence meant.”

“None taken.” He rises, leaning on his staff, “I was surprised as you were… I did not expect to face another thaumaturge. We are lucky the ship took as little damage as it did.”

“Aye… perhaps I should have blasted them after all. Little pissants.”

“That would have created its own problems, sister of mine. Better them not have a death to avenge, and we did not have time to tarry and make sure of the deed.”

The Miqo’te sighs, adjusting her red coat as she follows him out of the hold, “Aye aye… right as always, little brother. Still, now we’ve got our own problems. You already sent out the foraging party?” Her mouth crooks into a smile.

“Of course… we should be hearing the good news any hour now. Fortunate of us to run out of fuel where we did.”

“Fortune? ” Her laugh rings out in the hold, “We’re the chosen ones ’rederick. Destiny, more than like.”

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-29-2015

((The following thread is open to participants in the Fate-14 storyline Dead God's Chest, here. IC discussions, forum posts, journal entries, and plot updates can be placed here by those involved.))

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Klynzahr - 08-02-2015

Curses filled the second floor of the Forgotten Knight, prompting one particularly disgruntled patron to shuffle down the hallway and bang hard on his neighbor's door.

"And the same to you! You hulking savage. Some of us Halone fearing men were actually trying to catch some rest!"

"At two bells past noon?"

"I was on night watch."

The pause lingered until the sleep deprived soldier was certain the conversation had ended. However the voice replied in sheepish tones, just before he turned away.

"Sorry mate.... I know that life. Right pain in the twelve damned arse."

"Just shut up." He muttered over his shoulder, "And be glad I don't report your blasphemous tongue to the church."

From her seat inside the overstuffed inn room, Klynzahr waited for the elezen's footsteps to recede. Three weeks in Ishgaurd had rendered her nearly deaf to those muttered insults. Yet she reasoned it only added more reason for her to be moving on.

She bent down to retrieve the wooden bowl at her feet and smacked her elbow hard against the writing desk. Grimacing she looked over her the remains of her letter, now swimming in warm water. There was an old shirt of hers tossed over the bed, within arms reach. Unfortunately her attempts to reach it sent the empty bowl rolling under one of the shabby chairs that were jammed up against her back. Swallowing the plethora of curses involving "Elezen who were too damned fond of furniture" which sprang to her mind, the Roegadyn retrieved her last bottle from the end table beside her other elbow.

Only to find it empty.

"Well. That settles it." She quietly told the dripping desk in front of her. "I'm outa here in th'morn ifin I find Ser Martylay or no."

With a dangerous glare, the huge woman mopped the water from the little writing desk, toweled off her bruised wrist, and helped herself to a fresh sheet of stationary from Eva's little writing desk. Hunched over uncomfortably, with her face six ilms from the parchment, she wrote in a large looping hand.

Greetings Da

(And to Merlankka, since I know you will be the one reading this to him, I swear on the grave of my dead mother that if you change a single word, I will personally assure you meet a humiliating and painful demise)

I hope this letter finds you and the boys in good spirits, with plenty of work. Weather must be lovely in Moraby right now. Have you had much rain? How is business? I have been quite well aside from a small mishap or two, and anything that Ginshaw might have told you about pneumonia is definitely exagerated.

I have been residing in Ishagaurd for about a moon now, picking up odd jobs to help with the war effort here. The weather is bracingly cold, with blizzards that can strike even in summer. It reminds me of the year we made port in Sharlayan and set a course out from her to the North Seas. I can remember sliding across the ice-slicked deck and helping to chip ice from the rigging. I can't remember how old I was though. Every night I take a peak outside, wondering if I might see the Nortyrliht again, but no luck so far.

My watching will likely be paused, as I will be traveling south again soon. Not seven days past a good friend and I ran afoul with an air-crew out privateering.  Before you worry yourself, we came to no harm aside from the loss of a valuable metal shipment. I am disinclined to give chase, without knowing where the bastards stand. So I thought you might keep an eye out around Limsa for a crew that flies a Green Swordfish as their standard. I need to know if they are mixed up with the Barracudas, before I risk getting mixed up with them. Fear not, I will not make that mistake twice.

Your Mynanthota

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

The next morning a tall, young sea wolf, with deep blue hair down to his shoulders and a few clumps of bluish fuzz that were tentatively attempting to form a beard, burst through the door of the third largest blacksmith shop in Moraby.

"Da!" The youth bellowed, straining to lift his voice over the thunder of hammers. "Da! It's a letter! From Klynzahr!"

From deep inside the smithy, the ringing of metal were replaced by the sounds of an extremely large person quickly crossing the room. "Klynny? Is she well? What does she write lad?" The youth glanced up at his towering father, with a suitably grave look plastered on his face.

"Well... Says here that she's gone an' fallen for some great hellsguard warrior an' run off ter th'mountains with him, but on th'way they was lost in a coerthan blizzard an' the Ishgardain hoard came down on 'em like a pack o'ravenous sahagan." Glancing up at his alarmingly wide-eyed and pallid father, the youth put on an expression of extreme concern. "Would ye like to sit down befer I read th'rest Da? I'm not half through an' yer already lookin' a trifle green."

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Martiallais - 08-08-2015

Easing into the small tavern, Martiallias gave a polite, if brief wave to the keeper, brushing a few flakes of snow from his hair and shoulders before finding himself an empty table. With the gates easing open, places like this, within the Central Highlands of Coerthas, served as travel points along the way rather than destinations. Reaching into his bag, the knight laid parchment and ink on the table, looking up as the keeper himself, a tall, wiry Elezen wandered over to Martiallais' side, waiting expectantly.

"I'll just have the usual tea, ser. My thanks." Dipping his head, Martiallais' attention returned to the parchment. There was news that needed to be passed along and a letter was like to reach Klyn before he would.

Lady Klyn,

I pray this reaches you swiftly and in good health. How fares your investigation thus far? I was delayed, somewhat, in reaching the Observatorium, but as you suggested, they were in fact able to provide some aid. Mayhaps I even earned a newfound ally whom we can call upon should such be required in the future.

The scribe I spoke with noted three ships passing overhead on the eve of our venture into Dusk Vigil. Of interest to us would be the ship flying the flag and colors we briefly discussed. They took a course that barely skimmed over the mountains to the south in Mor Dhona, likely as a result of the damage they suffered during their withdrawal. I do not believe I need to state the obvious, but there is no place to my knowing where one could land nor house an airship within Mor Dhona. 

I believe we should focus our efforts there and will be making my way there directly to inquire of the few who may still be familiar to me and may be reached there once I arrive. May Halone keep you till then.

Yours in Duty, Honor, & Faith,
-Martiallais Heuloix

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Sarnai Kha - 08-08-2015

((Location: Quicksand - a rented inn room.))
((Time: Late day. Sun is setting.))

'Sky pirate's huh?' Sarnai thought to herself as she sat on the inn bed, in nothing but underwear and cloth wrapped around her chest. She had her hair let down. It was long, flowing and silky smooth with a pure black color. She also did not have any of her makeup on. She sat with her legs crossed on the bed and with parchment in her lap. She was attempting to draft a letter to the monetarist she served, Otto Vann.

While most did not know, Sarnai served as a retainer to Otto Vann, aiding him in his business as well as day to day activities. If there was a problem, she tried to solve it for him before he had to solve it himself. Suffice to say, the word of missing shipments in the north as well as the mineral concern putting out a leve to see the problem solved spelled concern in her mind, so she aided a group in attempting to resolve the issue before it got worse or affected master Otto's personal endeavors.

The situation was resolved out there, with just a handful of people dying. Unimportant people really she thought to herself. Brigands wont be missed. The shipment was still missing, but the death's of their fellow pirate's would keep brigands away from the north for a while.

Sarnai yawned and taking her pen, drafted the letter to her employer.

'Master Otto

As of recent event's, I have discovered pirates in the north of the Thanalan have been pillaging shipments. Perhaps it is best if you-
' Sarnai paused for a moment in the middle of writing. Sighing, she thought this wouldnt be good enough to send to him then setting the feathered pen she was using to write the letter, crumpled up the piece of parchment and threw it across the room.

"Why are things so complicated?" Sarnai said aimlessly to the air around her, leaning back against the wall behind her.

As she closed her eyes while she said that, a dark cloud began to form, with a figure leaning on the wall across the room from her. It was her darkside, dressed in her ceremonial battle armor and with her hair tied up and her makeup on, or at least that was how her dark side presented herself to Sarnai. She could wear anything or nothing and could take on any form she wanted too, but her Darkside chose this form because it was what she was a representation of more or less. A beautiful warrior garbed in ebony scaled mail as dark as the deepest black.

Her darkside leaned against the wall, looking out at the city through the window of the inn. A faint black aura around her and her eyes glowing crimson red.  "Why do you concern yourself with these foreign problem's sister? Yes, innocent people were abducted and murdered, but whatever justice was demanded was payed back with the blood of a dozen or more brigand's."

Sarnai opened her eyes and looked at her darker self and said, offering her a warm smile. "It's my job to care other Sarnai. Otherwise, I would be out of the job."

"Aye, your job is to care for that bloody fucker of a money bag Otto and whatever he does, but I think you concern yourself too much if your writing a letter to him asking for an investigation into the matter of whatever the bloody fuck it is your doing." She retorted to Sarnai, with a disapproving but exaggerating look on her face.

Dark Sarnai, unlike normal Sarnai, was cruel and uncaring. She loved to fight. Reveled in the joy of endless combat really. To her, an opponent was just another victim who's blood is meant to paint her thorn's.

Normal Sarnai was good by her very nature. kind, caring, affectionate, passionate, loving. She did not like violence, but thought that if it was a good means to a good end then it was okay.

Normal Sarnai rolled her eyes at Dark Sarnai, then sighed deeply, saying "Well what would you do then love? Surely you have thought about this a bit."

"Aye, I have thought about it." Dark Sarnai said, with a dissatisfied look on her face and her brow furrowed. While Dark Sarnai was cruel and destructive, she was not dumb. She was just as smart as normal Sarnai was, if not more so.

"We do not need to do anything. This is some other persons problem." She said coldly. ". . . however, they are strong. That brute we fought on that narrow path, we haven't fought someone so strong since we left Orthard. Which means if there is someone that strong, there must be other's just as strong if not stronger. A challenge, and one I would gladly raise my blade to fight in." Dark Sarnai said, turning to normal Sarnai and showing her a cocky grin.

"Indeed. He was most strong." Normal Sarnai responded. She thought about it for a moment though. If they went out and tried to eradicate the pirates, it meant less work later along with dark Sarnai getting to have some fun. It was a win-win for her and normal Sarnai. Personal and economic wise. No doubt master Vann would praise her for such hard work and dedication as well.

"If you have no objections sister then we should go pirate hunting in Coerthas." Said normal sarnai, with a warm smile beaming off her face.

"Hehehe. . . I like to hear you say that sister." Dark Sarnai said, with a grin forming on her face, then her dispersing back into the air, the dark aura and her person dispersing entirely.

Sarnai sighed deeply with the disappearance of her Darkside and stretched herself out on the bed. "Now the question is where do we hunt first?" she said passively, laying on the bed.

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Klynzahr - 08-08-2015

Klynzahr halted by the door of her inn room, peering back down the long dark hallway. Several minutes passed, before the Sea Wolf was fully convinced that there were no inquisitors, Au Ri, adventurers, or adventuring Au Ri inquisitors following her. She slipped inside and slid back the bolt.

Cracking her shin against a shabby armchair, which seemed to have appeared magically overnight, she arrived at Eva's tiny writing desk. With a magnifying glass at hand to ease her eyes, she pinched a few sheets of Eva's stationary and set her pen to paper.

Sir Martiallais Heuloix

Your news is most welcome indeed. Eva and I have passed through the area already, with no sign of the airship or crew. However Mor Dhona, despite it's many adventurers, remains poorly charted and I could conceive a ship being easily hid in those wastes if it were able to safely put down.

However I must urge you to strict caution in your search. While we have made little headway in locating the ship, Evangeline and I encountered a small number of the crew, while completing an adventuring job in nearby Northen Thanalan. It was only a small landing party. Yet they were well armed with a small cannon and numerous explosive devices. Through good fortune and the aid of several adventurers, we have both returned to the city unharmed. Yet I urge you caution while traveling those wilds alone.

From the bodies of the landing party, we have been able to glean several clues. In addition to the Green Swordfish on their standard, this pirate crew is bound by a second symbol, which has been inked upon each of their members. This crest depicts a ship's wheel, with two crossed swords, below an ancient iron crown. The wheel is a common nautical symbol, used to show destiny, freedom, and the open sea. Cutlasses are commonly used to imply ruthlessness or skill in battle. However these are large straight swords, more akin to your blade than a traditional Sea Wolf weapon. The crown is not a symbol that I have seen upon any sailor. Indeed it seems contradictory to their typical thirst for freedom. 

Also of note are a set of ship's instruments, which I was able to lift from the ruins of their camp. They are of relatively new make, with the monogram Meryleihta on them. Unfortunately it is not the name of any craftsman that I know. However among the bag of tools, I also chanced to find one of their linkpearls. Thus far, I have chosen to keep the stone inactive. However with the aid of the right person, we may be able to gain much information from it.

Three of my fellow adventurers have also been informed of our search, although not of our final goal. The first is Corporal Jana Ridah, of Ul'dah's immortal flames. She is a reliable and skilled Miquo'te arcanist, albeit with some violent tendency. You may trust in her aid, if you should chance to meet her.

The other two are known as Sarnai and Xanadu , both Au Ri of whom I know little. I would urge you to be particularly cautious around the second, who proclaims herself to be an inquisitor of Ishgaurd. Wither it be the truth, or some twisted lie of hers, I strongly believe that she is up to little good. Tread carefully until we meet again Sir and may the Navigator make your path clear.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

Corporal Jana Ridah of the Immortal Flames

I trust that this finds you and your unit in good health and spirits. After our interesting leve last week, I have done some investigation into these "Sky Pirates". As an Arcanist, I can only assume that you have spent no small amount of time in Limsa Lominsia and may be able to shed some insight on this business.

We have little enough to go by. Their standard is the Green Swordfish and they tattoo themselves with the symbol of crossed swords, and a ship's wheel, below an ancient crown. I need not tell you that this tattoo is particularly odd, unlike anything familiar to my eyes and I have sailed many oceans in my day. There is one other point upon which you may be able to shed some light. I have apprehended a full set of wonderfully crafted Navigation Instruments, which bear the monogram Meryleihta. They are certainly not more than five years old and I would wager that finding their creator may provide useful information.

One final item of interest is a linkpearl, which I located in the bottom of the instrument case. Thus far I have not turned it on, as the risk of alerting them to our presence appears too great. However it could potentially be an invaluable source of information in the right hands.

Finally an Ishgaurdian alley of ours has made some progress in locating the missing airship. He is a temple Knight known as Martialllais Heuloix, although he seems to prefer Marty most of the time. After some talk, with the coerthan astrologians, he was able to learn that the airship went down somewhere above Mor Dhona. My knowledge of that wasteland is unfortuantely limited, but I understand that Sir Heuloix has already journeyed hence to further his search. I hope that we may rely upon you in this matter Jana. May the wind remain at your back.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

Sarnai the Au Ra                

Although we have met only once, I believe it would be wise to keep you informed   

With a grunt, Klynzahr balled the third letter tightly and sent it spinning into the hearth. She knew nothing about Sarnai aside from her sweet tongue and her skill with the blade, neither of which inspired great confidence. For all that she knew, Sarnai could be working with Xanadu to place herself and Eva off guard.  Silently admonishing herself for even considering a letter to the strange adventurer, she hustled over to the fireplace and stoked the coals into a flickering blaze. The paper curled and blackened under Klynzahr's suspicious scowl.        

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-12-2015

“Oschon’s Ass.” The pillars shudder as a boot drives into the thick wood.

“That’s a new epithet Sister. Did you think of it yourself?”

“Menphina’s balls!” Another kick to the hull sent the lanterns of the cramped cabin swaying softly.

Frederick found himself mildly impressed by the woman’s rage, though he supposed she did have some assistance “Now you’re just mixing genitals, sister of mine. If shouting and kicking could solve this, we’d have left days ago.”

The Miqo’te turns, her face a snarl, “Sarcasm won’t solve it either, brother of mine.” She gives a last frustrated kick to a battered sea-chest, the container skidding across the floor and slamming into the far wall. The robed hyur casually steps out of the object’s path, as if he is used to such things.

“It’s affecting you, isn’t it M’lanto.” His voice lowers, “You know we were warned of such things, the effects of the…”

She cuts off his words with a bark of laughter, “Worrying, brother of mine? How unlike you. I never expected to hear tha’ nursemaid talk from your mouth.”

His brows furrow, “M’lanto, it is not weakness to have some caution. We still do not know the full effects they have, even Father-”

Her words cut him off again, “Father is not here, brother, but I am. My decisions will not be second guessed” Her eyes slit as her voice lowers to a hiss, “I do not need anyone second guessing my orders. Family or no.”

He exhales, “You never had such views in the past Sister. I know you’re frustrated that the foraging party has not returned, but that is no reason to-”

“Did I stutter, Brother?” Her face twitches, “I do not need you here, and I will get this ship back myself. I care little for how you return, you can walk if it suits you.”

He stands there for a few moments, before shaking and walking from the cabin, “You’ve learned from our father, M’lanto. Perhaps too well. May the stars guide you sister, because reason no longer does.”

At his last comment a crystal lamp comes flying after him, hurled by M’lanto in a fit of rage. It crashes into pieces, leaving the Miqo’te alone in darkness. She buries her head in her hands for a few moments, “There.” She takes a shuddering breath, “It is done.”

She waits a few moments after each statement, as if considering something.

“Well I am less than pleased, but aye, we have no use for cowards.”

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Martiallais - 08-17-2015

Though he was beginning to feel the effects of pulling a literal all nighter, Martiallais Heuloix couldn't help but grin. While most may have attributed it to the freshly delivered coffee sent for he and the other knights stationed at Falcon's Nest, the duskwight held an even better reason than the all too welcome warmth.

His patrol was still some bells away, thankfully, but that gave him time to sort through his thoughts. At least such was his intent until he heard his name being called. Turning, he offered a smile and nod to the messenger lad, trading several gil for the message in hand. A glance up at the sky confirmed that he didn't need to immediately worry for snow ruining the message, allowing him to read and continue sipping his coffee.

He'd hoped the request for information regarding strange happenings in and around Mor Dhona would bear fruit, but he certainly hadn't expected it to happen so soon.

"Caravans en route for Mor Dhona attacked by grisly looking figures..."

It wasn't much to go on and something of a reach but the interference with Ishgardian transports alone was enough to warrant an investigation. And if it happened to be the people he was looking for...all the better. Exhaling, he frowned down at the liquid in his cup. He'd given his word that he'd not attempt this alone and it would take far too long to officially request any sort of aid.

However, watching an armored Miqo'te walk by gave him an idea. He simply needed to unofficially inquire about aid in protecting Ishgard's interests. He couldn't imagine she would say no to that, not by a long shot.

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Klynzahr - 08-24-2015

Aside from the occasional retching of the airsick elezen to her right, the flight from Ishgaurd promised to be a peaceful one. The muted thumping of the small airship's twin engines was reminiscent of rhotano swells breaking under a tall ship's prow. Gridanian summer sun warmed the rolling deck, while cool breezes danced across it. Aside from the giddily long fall to the treetops below, it was almost like spending an afternoon on the deck of her beloved frigate again. Over the last fortnight, more than a few of her unlikely allies had expressed their surprise at finding a pirate crew had taken to raiding the skies by airship. To Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn it seemed like the most natural thing in the world.   

It was a similarly obvious choice for the landlocked sea wolf, to pass the time by writing several letters. While the gentle sway of the airship hardly gave her pause, the lack of any desk surface proved a frustrating complication. After several false starts, rife with inkblots and muttered curses, the roegadyn settled for balancing her shield on her knee, with a sheaf of paper pinned down on the smooth surface. She began work on her letters in handwriting that was only slightly larger and a trifle less even than her typical hand.

Ser Martiallais Heuloix

Greetings. I trust that you have been well and hope that your investigations have born more fruit than my own. Despite several discrete inquiries, I have yet to locate anyone that is both trustworthy and well versed in Garlean technology. I myself can do nothing besides identify the device as an Aether Detecting Compass of some sort. I lack any idea of how to operate it. Have you had the chance to look over the accompanying journal? Perhaps it may shed a little light.
             Thus far, I have had no word of any further aircraft sightings in Mor Dhona. However I worry that it will not be long before the 'wounded swordfish' is ready to make sail once more. In an effort to locate some fresh leads, my brother and I have taken passage to Limsa Lominsia, but even I must admit that it is a cold thread we follow. If we are to take the Swordfish before she flies again, we must gather our resources and strike quickly. I have taken the small liberty of petitioning our Ishgaurdian and Ul'dahn allies for help. We will be meeting in Reverent's Toll to choose a course of action, on the twenty-fifth day of the fourth umbral moon at the nineteenth bell. I await your reply.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

V'aleera Lhuil, Dragoon of Ishgaurd

I have not yet had the moment to thank you properly for your assistance during Evangeline's recent misguided rally. I am quite certain that without your presence, I would have been detained for questioning at the very least. You have my deepest gratitude.

While I know that your views and Evangeline's may not always align, I am hopeful that you might lend her and Ser Heuloix your lance one more time. We are now close on the trail of the crew of sky pirates, whom we so cleanly missed on our last venture. However bringing them to justice, will require more than myself and the good knight. Who better than a dragoon, one of Ishgaurd's finest, to show these thieves what happens when they raid Ishgaurdian airspace?

My brother, Ser Heuloix, and several of our Ul'dahn allies will be meeting in Reverent's Toll shortly to devise a plan of action. We would greatly appreciate your expertise and insight on aerial combat, since the pirates may well be airborne again. I will be waiting at the Toll on the twenty sixth day of the fourth umbral moon at the nineteenth bell. I await your reply.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

Sarnai and Sarnai Kah

I owe you both an apology for my hostilities at our last meeting. Forgive my quick defensiveness. Ishgaurd is not the most forgiving city and your kind are seen there very rarely. I rushed to a conclusion that was terribly wrong, and once again. I apologize. 

However I also come to you with a certain proposal. If your employer still wishes to rid the skies of these 'swordfish pirates', I and Ser Heuloix have made several strides towards locating their grounded airship. Among other things, we have located a Garlean Aether Sensing Compass, which might possibly be used to track the ship.

Myself and several other allies will be meeting in Reverent's Toll to discuss the matter and plan our next move on the twenty-sixth day of the fourth umbral moon, at the nineteenth bell. I would be pleased to have a skilled swordswoman like yourself at my side again Sarnai, although I must request that you keep your sister properly restrained. I await your reply.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

Greetings Jana. I trust that you have been well and the lieutenant is recovering from his recent injuries. I am writing this to request your help again, with the task of bringing this pirate crew to justice. As the lieutenant has most likely already informed you, we have come into possession of a Garlean Aether Sensing Compass and logbook, which may finally give us the location of their airship.

With this in mind, I will be meeting at Reverent's Toll with several allies, on the twenty sixth day of the fourth umbral moon at the nineteenth bell. We will be formulating a plan to find and remove this threat once and for all. I would welcome any assistance that you and your bloodthirsty elemental allies can offer to us. A caster of your skills may turn the tide of our upcoming fight. I await your reply.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

Lieutenant Kale Aideron of the Immortal Flames

Greetings. I hope that your wounds are healing quickly and your strength is suitably recovered. I write this to request your help once again, with the task of bringing this pirate crew to justice. I am not certain if you were aware, due to your unfortunate injuries, but Ser Heuloix and myself located a Garlean-Made Aether-Sensing Compass inside the abandoned garlean vessel. It is my hope that this tool might help lead us towards our target, without any more unfortunate interruptions.

For this reason V'aleera, Ser Heuloix, myself and several others will be meeting at Reverent's Toll on the twenty-sixth day of the fourth umbral moon, at the nineteenth bell, where we will formulate an intelligent plan for striking at a possibly operational and most likely heavily gunned airship. We would welcome any support or assistance that your unit can provide.
          Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Klynzahr - 08-28-2015

The fireworks were grating upon her nerves. As though the resurgent memories were not troubling enough, Klynzahr concentration had been continually jarred by the various firecrackers and minor explosive devices being detonated for merriment outside of her window.

The painstakingly thought out plans, which herself and Ginshaw had poured over for two days, bore traces of frequent interruptions. Despite several gradient's of tone, where the ink had dried at varying times and the occasional inkblot, they were finally complete and ready to be delivered, with Sarnai's aid.

"Reckon I should be summonin' a carbuncle," She joked wearily to her small Hyuran brother. "I feel like a bloody arcanist again."

To Lieutenant Kale Aideron of the Immortal Flames

After much deliberation, we have settled upon a plan of action to eliminate the Swordfish Crew. Xanadu, Evangeline, Sir Heuloix, and V'aleera will form our main attack force, approaching from the air. They will have support from a single cannon and must therefore close quickly with the airship to board her. Corporal Ridah has been requested to join this party, to provide them with much needed ranged support.

In order to ensure that this force meets with the least possible opposition, a diversionary party will lead a preemptive strike on foot, with the intent of drawing off as many pirates as possible. This force will include myself, Ginshaw and Sarnai Ka and we would welcome your aid if your shoulder is sufficiently healed.

Our priority will be to lure out our targets in small groups, and pin them at a choke point. We have secured an enemy linkpearl, with which we hope to achieve this. The aim will be to maintain our ruse, as long as possible to eliminated the greatest number of crew members. In the event that our small party is overwhelmed, my brother will attempt to delay them with traps and explosive devices, to prevent them returning to their ship in a timely manner.

I hope that we may count on your support in this matter Lieutenant, and look forward to any strategic insight that you may bring.

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn, 
Undesignated, Ship's Arcanist 3rd Class, T.A.S. Eyritrachen(Decomissioned) Maelstrom Navy

To Ser Martiallais Heuloix, Knight of Ishgaurd
        Xanadu Mol, of the Halonic Inquisition
        V'aleera Lhuil, Dragoon of Ishgaurd

Evangline Primrose, Chairwoman of the Eorzean Special Action Committee of the Democratic Revolution 

Fair winds and good fortune go to all of you. Your ground diversion has been prepared and our team is ready to move on your word. While our course of action is certainly fraught with risk, I believe that with good timing and coordination we stand an above average chance of success.

The ground team's intent will be to draw crew members away from the Swordfish Airship, leaving her undermanned for your assault. We will send you a signal, when the bulk of the forces have been engaged, leaving the airship vulnerable. Once the remainder of the crew has taken to the skies, we will circle back to meet you at your final landing site.

May the sun shine upon your back and the wind fill your sails

Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn, 
Undesignated, Ship's Arcanist 3rd Class, T.A.S. Eyritrachen(Decomissioned) Maelstrom Navy

(The first letter, will be sent personally to Kale in Ul'dah. Copies of the second have been sent to the individual party members and the hired airship crew.)

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Sarnai Kha - 09-01-2015

Sarnai was sitting in her own room she payed for at The Bobbing Cork inn. Her recent squabble with the Ala'mhigans and the intervention of the Wailer's was not unexpected but in her Darkside driven rage, she was caught off guard and hurt by one of them. They were too strong to face alone, so she ran.

She was lucky that word did not spread so far North, otherwise she would still be on the run and hurt with an injured arm. It hurt her just to move it. She could still pick up her blade and swing it, but it was visibly tense and swollen where she was hit.

"Damn. I got careless." Sarnai hissed as she sat on the inn bed. She had taken her armor off and was only in her underwear and a cloth wrapped around her chest. She was attempting to alleviate the pain in her arm but knew nothing off first aid. Her darkside always healed her wounds and made sure that she was protected from attacks, but for some reason, her darkside could not heal this. It was a shock to Sarnai really as she dipped her arm in ice cold water, hoping it would help alleviate the pain.

As Sarnai hissed at the pain, her darkside appeared before her once again, sitting across the room at the table and wearing the ceremonial armor that her and others from the Otharian sect wore. Sarnai was quick to glare at her darkside, hissing out "You! Why did you have to kill those two?"

Dark Sarnai whom was sitting at the table just chuckled slightly as she crossed her legs and arms, saying  "They were in the way and the code dictates we slaughter all who are in the way."

"I dont care. You did your little stunt in front of alot of people. Now were both in trouble because you wanted a little blood." Sarnai hissed as she raised her arm out of the water and moved to the closest drawer then pulling out the biggest top in there and donning it. It was a shirt bigger than her so it did not fit quite right.

"So what are you going to do? You know you cant kill me and to suppress me would just weaken your power." Darkside Sarnai retorted to Sarnai.

Sarnai Tsk'd at the sound of what her Darkside was saying but she was right. To suppress the Darkside would be to weaken her and there was little else she could do.

"At this point I am not that mad anymore, but now that we have killed someone who did nothing wrong, we will need to redeem ourselves somehow."

"And how do you suppose we do that sister?" Darkside Sarnai said as she leaned in, her gaze still locked on Sarnai.

"The shroud has a dark feel about it. I cant sense it, but I have a gut feeling that there is something wrong. Especially with that incident involving the undead. We help get rid of the Shroud's darkness then maybe they will overlook our aggressions. or they may not, who knows? But at least we will repay the blood debt that we owe." she said as she leaned over the drawer. The drawer had a mirror on it so Sarnai was using it to apply makeup and eye liner to her face and eyes as well as lipstick.

"If it mean's that much to you then ill help fix the shroud's problems but dont expect me to play nice." Darkside Sarnai said as she leaned back into the chair.

"I do expect you to play nice." Sarnai stated as she finished applying the black eye liner to her eye's and then reaching for the black lipstick, she said "Im done with your reckless behavior sister. Eorzea is not like Orthard. They have laws. We may have been the law in Orthard but now it is the other way around. Our lives depend on secrecy, trust and understanding with outsiders and mindless slaughter, even if it is in the name of the Dusk Mother, is not tolerable if the victim's are just civilian's that have done no wrong to us."

Darkside Sarnai scoffs. "Just civilians? Sister, all men and women are born with sin in their hearts and lives. We have a duty to slaughter anybody who crosses us wrong."

"Enough. We may be equals that share the same body but this time I have the last say and my say on that matter is that you will keep your mouth shut from now on and do everything I tell you to. Or would you rather fight and cause a huge mess?" Sarnai said as she finished applying her lipstick and makeup then turned to Darkside Sarnai after setting down the lipstick, glaring at her.

Darkside Sarnai hesitates for a moment then scoffs, saying "Whatever. I tire of these foreign obstacles. If you will not spill the blood of the unjust over concern of what everyone else will think then I shall do it for you. We are here in Eorzea for a reason sister. I trust you will remember that when the time comes." Darkside Sarnai said, her form eventually turning back into black smoke then disappearing.

After a few moments, Sarnai took a deep and long breath, then moving over to the table, she reaches for a pen as well as parchment and begins to write letter's to several people.

To mistress Klynzahr

I trust that the others succeeded in their air raid correct? Well I have run into trouble and said trouble has led to an injury that I cannot heal or fix on my own. I will be coming to Ishgard soon and I would request if you could fetch a medicinal expert of some sort.

From Sarnai Kha

Then reaching for a second piece of paper, she begins to address a second letter, this time to Kale Anderson. Sarnai was concerned what a man left to his own devices with incomplete knowledge of what her powers were, so she took this chance to educate him while she still had time. Who knows? Maybe she could turn him around and make him a stout Ally.

To Kale Anderson

I am sure you are wondering why I am writing to you so I will try to be to the point.

I am sure you are still concerned of what my power is and you are frieghtened of it. So I will take this moment to explain to you what it actually is.

My power is born from my Darkside and the darkside is not fueled by the Void or dark majic's. It is fueled by emotions. Specifically, very negattive ones such as hate, anger, rage, suffering and whatnot. The darkside is not fueled by those emotions specifically though.

I do not share my body just by myself. When people in Orthard awaken to their Darkside, they split into two. One is dominated by thoughts of pure destruction and selfishness and the other represents the original person. We co-exist really and hope to do right by others when we can.

My darkside is more reckless and destructive than others. Sometimes I cant control her and she hurts others, but I always try to make sure she hurts others who have done wrong to others when I lose control.

You may not agree with my kind or my methods or my conditions, but every day is a struggle just to live a normal life with such a destructive force sharing the same body with you. And with you reading this letter, I hope you can come to an understanding that I am not an evil being that you make me out to be.

From Sarnai Kha.

PS -- I have a book I wish to desire to show you at the earliest convinience. If you still wish to talk then you have but to ask for me and I shall come. I will not be alone though. While I do wish to make amends with you, that does not mean I will trust you blindly.

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-02-2015

"What do ya think yer da 'ell do to us?" The Roe looks almost comical in his cell,  even when seated his wavy hair brushed the top of the ceiling. A scraping in his hands plays out a small irregular rhythm as he talks, flecks of bone dust flitting down onto the floor. 

"Gods if I know." The Hyur exhales, watching a particularly intense bout between the roach who lived under his cot and a small army of ants. He probes at the puffy cut still disfiguring his face, "He did sew us up though, a rather paternal gesture, I thought.

The ants have begun adopting formation tactics and flanking the larger roach. "Perhaps he simply wishes us to be healthy for our execution." They begin grabbing legs and pulling the roach spreadeagled, as more ants begin crawling over assist.

"I dinnae lad, the man's not one for showboating..."

A slight commotion outside prefaces the quick snap of the cell's view grate being opened, "On your feet Frederick. You too Ahrbrot." 

"Is that it then?" The hyur doesn't move, the roach's last moments playing out before his eyes as it is slowly dismembered by the ant horde, "Time to die?"

"Die? Haven't you heard lad? Yer sister's dead, and her ship down with her." A key fumbles with a lock, "Now get out of that cell, before the Admiral changes his mind." 

He stands, stretching in the soft light of the cell, "Well."

"I'll make time to weep later then."

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Seriphyn - 09-04-2015

The Immortal Flames had been scouting the southern ends of Silvertear Falls for any remnants of the pirate threat. Kale had supervision of the operation, and at this particular moment, found himself overlooking the Lake from an unremarkable knoll. A sergeant stood with him, neither engaged in conversation, and both seemingly content to remain in silence for the timebeing. 

It was a disruption of this contentment that made Kale at least partially irritated, as a courier had arrived from elsewhere. A little out of breath, the young woman slowed down from her jog to thrust out a rolled parchment towards the sipahi.

"Message f'you, sahr," she said, one hand on her thigh to aid in her recovery.

With a very noticeable inhale and exhale from his nostrils (if only to communicate his annoyance to the courier), Kale accepted the parchment, breaking the seal and unfurling it. Kale was illiterate, which had kept him from the officer ranks for so long before his performance was enough to overcome such a handicap. Nonetheless, out of appearances, his copper eyes scanned each line, and even gave a gander at sounding out loud the name signed at the bottom.

"Read it," Kale replied, sternly but not rudely, as he offered the parchment back to the woman. 

Still breathless, the courier went wide-eyed for a moment, gingerly accepting the parchment and feeling a sudden weight of pressure placed upon her. Thrusting her shoulders back and standing upright, the woman began to read. Given her low rank, she was not a proficient reader, but was competent enough. The message was from Sarnai Kha, the dark knight that Kale had attempted to overpower just over on the north side of the Lake.

When the reading was complete, Kale and his sergeant exchanged a pair of wordless sideglances with one another, communicating their mutual bemusement with what they had just heard. 

"What are you going to do, ser?" asked the sergeant to his superior, who had began pacing pensively in the general direction of the water.

The principles of justice and fairness, that held up so dutifully by the Sultanate's paladins, began appealing to the Highlander, who was now staring out towards the wreckage of the Agrius with his hands on his hips. So did the uncompromising nature of law and order appeal as well, that which was held in so much contempt by these dark knights. He first reckoned that their power or the source of it was irrelevant, and that it was their reckless arbitration of some twisted form of justice that was the real threat. But then he reckoned that the uncontrollable nature of the former only exacerbated the latter.

Feeling that blind zealotry was beneath him, Kale reluctantly conceded, leaning his head back and sighing out in front of him.

"Fine, fine...we'll meet with 'er..." said Kale, the reply eliciting some looks shared between the sergeant and courier, "Out 'ere, safe from anyone else"

Kale was compelled to add more to his response, but ultimately ended up saying naught else, finding nothing that would prove satisfactory. The courier saluted to the man after he had nodded to her, and a written reply would reach Sarnai Kha in the following suns.

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - GloryRhodes - 09-04-2015

Water sloshed over the side of the tub and Xanadu shifted to reach for another letter.  The past week had been quite adventurous, and in the process of so much violence and dramatic action she'd gotten behind on her paperwork.  Normally bathing time was kept for personal relaxation, reflection and a general unwinding, but she was now forced to bring work along with her.

This letter was a politely worded anti-invitation.  It was one of the rare etiquettes of Ishgardian society for which she was one of the few regular recipients.

Miss Mol,

I must regretfully inform you that your presence is not required at the ball Saturday night.  The chef has gone ill and cannot possibly feed all of those members of society which might wish to attend.  In this time of dire need we have chosen to allow other culinarians to support the war effort rather than take away from the front the food that fuels our warriors in their righteous cause.  It is with this in mind that we have also spared you the social necessity of attending in deference to your position that you too may continue your holy work unfettered by the responsibilities of society.

Sincerely,
Lady Lorianne Montesque

Xan scoffed and held the letter over a nearby candle.  She was in the habit of burning all of her mail.  "She is still bitter about the finger, isn't she?  It was eventually reattached.  What a petty woman to hold such a grudge."

Honestly, Xanadu was rarely invited to any parties, and was quite often, as was the case with Lady Montesque's, avidly encouraged not to attend.  Sometimes she envied those in The Brume who didn't have to worry about the venom and spite of the higher born, but never for long.  Being starving poor did not incline their mood much towards tolerance, just changed the target of their hatred.

To the upper crust Xanadu was an abomination, to the lower classes she was an oppressor.  There really wasn't much of anyone in Ishgard who particularly cared for her company even in her own house.

"Carmine," she called, slouching deeper into the water.  In a moment a young Hyur servant with broad shoulders and a slightly crooked nose appeared in the doorway.  Xanadu didn't bother looking up, "Bring me paper and pen, and a dangerous looking spider, would you?  In a jar, please, you know how I am about bugs."

"A letter for Lady Montesque, Miss?"

Xanadu smiled and glanced up at him, "You are ever an observant man, Carmine.  Whatever would I do without you?"

"Walk around nude and be unable to find a thing for yourself, miss."  He bowed his head.

"Ah, but that would be a scandal, wouldn't it?  Perhaps I should, one day; allow them to count my scales to sate their curiosity."

"A dignified response, miss."

"Quite.  Go on then, Carmine."  He exited once more, and Xanadu reached for the next letter.  This one informed her that the stolen Ishgardian steel had been returned, and that at least some portion of the stolen Ul'Dahn goods that had been discovered in the pirate's airship was on its way back to the merchant princes of the desert.

That, at least, was settled, though she was no closer to her goals now than she had been when she'd started on this foul adventure.  The next letter was a bill for damages to an airship, Halone's Teats.  She sighed and tossed it aside before slipping lower into the water.  Well, there went her portion of the take.  With this she'd be lucky to break even.

"Carmine!" she shouted.  "Pray, do catch the spider and don't go buying one.  I fear that finances may be tighter than I'd like and we can't go about wasting our money on designer arachnids."

RE: Dead God's Chest[Semi-Open] - Klynzahr - 09-04-2015

"One-way ticket ter Ul'dah. I'll take th'next flight ye got."

Klynzahr punctuated her statement with the jangle of gil, as she deposited the last of her share from the Thanalan leve onto the flight attendant's desk. The sound reverberated through her skull, echoing painfully as the attendant began to count out fare.

The night before remained a muddy blur of angry encounters and befuddling visions. For the cautious and grounded ex-sailor, the sequence of events would have been overwhelming even without the alcohol dulling her senses. Now she was struggling to sift through memories that boggled her sensibilities at every turn. Only the fight with Eva remained sharp, weighing on her mind to it's last detail.

Fitting irony.

"Uh Mam, You don't have the fare for a flight to Ul'dah."

Klynzahr looked up blearily, fighting to focus through the pounding in her head.  "What's at?"

"I said you lack sufficient fare for the flight to Ul'dah." The attendant replied with forced patience "You do not have enough gil."

With some effort, Klynzahr was able to recall the fight with Xanadu. Even now it struck her as odd, that the one evening, when she had meant the inquisitor harm was the only time in memory that Xanadu has not greeted her with insults and ridicule. There had to be something behind it. Yet her tired brain was quickly abandoned her, on the coat tails of her prided common sense.

Somehow she had boxed an inquisitor on the horns and escaped with nothing but scratches. While her cautious side continued to berate her for it, Klynzahr had to admit it that it had been extremely satisfying, possibly even better than the night that she broke an oak chair over Bloefrusk's head.

"Mam, are you listening to me?" The attendant broke in, shattering Klyn's recollections of that happy night.

"Oh, aye, aye... I'll jus' take th'next flight ter Limsa then."

Although Ul'dah might have offered more work, Klynzahr could immediately see the benefits of hiding in Limsa instead. In the first place, Xanadu might have more trouble locating her in a city full of other sea wolves, and she had put off a visit home for far too long. Her father would string up a hammock for her and the constant shouting of her brothers might keep the encroaching loneliness at bay.

She also had some very pressing questions to ask her father about the nature of warriors and the quality of their rage. Some things that Sarnai had mentioned towards the end of the night had left Klynzahr quite unsettled. Although she reasoned that most of that exchange had probably been a drunken hallucination. At least she had refrained from damaging Sarnai's arm through poor healing. It was certainly better to mend bones while hungover then while drunk.

With that comforting thought she looked up again and was met by the attendant's uncomfortably pinched smile.

"You lack the gil for passage to Limsa also." She replied in a slightly strained tone.

"Well bugger all! Where can I fly ter then?"

"You do have the fare for a single Gridanian ticket."

Klynzahr took a moment to weigh her options. She had never been fond of the shroud. She disliked the food, the drinks, and the lack of open sky. The last time that she had been in the shroud, she had been shot by a pair of void-wielding phsyco-chocobo-thieves that her brother swore were moonkeepers.

On the other hand, she had just boxed an inquisitor's horns, and if she stayed in Ishgaurd she was bound to cross paths with Eva. That was enough to tip the scales. As the migrane had replaced her drunkenness, her cowardice had once again gained the upper hand.

"One ticket ter Gridania then. I'll take yer next flight.

Some time later that day, a scruffy elezen youth will track down Evangeline and hand her a brief note in familiar writing.

Evangeline Primrose, Chairwoman of the Eorzean Special Comity for Democratic Revolution

The old room at the night has been paid for until the end of next moon. Seems a shame to waste a good meeting spot like that. Spoke to the innkeep and he's agreed to leave all your papers and chairs and other things untouched. I'm going for a long walk.

Klyn