Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest (/showthread.php?tid=12768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Sukaaretto Ueno - 08-31-2016

Theia Smolder applies for

Monday the 5th at 18:30 PST - A Pirate’s Life for Me

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Xarl - 08-31-2016

As cool as the others sound and especially the mutiny one (or the first, yearg Pirate Xarl), being from the original Fox Hollows group I gotta do that one! Sign me up for that.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 12:45 AM)Xarl Wrote: As cool as the others sound and especially the mutiny one (or the first, yearg Pirate Xarl), being from the original Fox Hollows group I gotta do that one! Sign me up for that.
They are not mutually exclusive.

The first two events are kind of special cases. If you participate in them it won't stop you from also getting a ship. Just find three other people and let me know~

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - S'imba - 08-31-2016

S'imba isn't going to let the people suffer anymore after the trip there...back to Fox hollow

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Martiallais - 08-31-2016

Back to Fox Hollow for Armand too!

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Jana - 08-31-2016

While it would be rad for Jana to command some kind of gunboat, I can't think of a plausible way to do it IC. I'll keep an eye on events for now.

(08-31-2016, 01:08 AM)Jana Wrote: While it would be rad for Jana to command some kind of gunboat, I can't think of a plausible way to do it IC. I'll keep an eye on events for now.
The rules are less about commanding ships, and more about sharing them as a crew. Think cowboy bebop or firefly. 

I wouldn't think of it as captain+crew but more just a group of companions on a boat.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Caspar - 08-31-2016

This sounds fun. If someone who has played with me before wants to hire Virara to help them on a ship, like say An or Jana, I can help work to make it happen. She has some history with being on ships, and it could be useful for her development. I would sign up for an event but Virara promised not to get "distracted" with theft again after her domestication of sorts, so the piracy one isn't feasible for her. The bottom events are more suitable.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Anstarra - 08-31-2016

LOOKING FOR CREW!

Send me a PM, or poke me on Skype, if you'd like to be part of An's merry gang~

She's a Maelstrom Captain now, a recent promotion and what the hell do I do with a ship anyway... find bad guys and kill them? So my old job. Jolly good. 'cept now instead of heretics in the Hinterlands, it's scallywags on the seas.

For the Alliance!

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Martiallais - 08-31-2016

I'll throw Armand in as a backup/reserve for An's crew/Sea Legs II: Aquatic Boogaloo

(08-31-2016, 06:37 AM)Anstarra Wrote:
LOOKING FOR CREW!

Send me a PM, or poke me on Skype, if you'd like to be part of An's merry gang~

She's a Maelstrom Captain now, a recent promotion and what the hell do I do with a ship anyway... find bad guys and kill them? So my old job. Jolly good. 'cept now instead of heretics in the Hinterlands, it's scallywags on the seas.

For the Alliance!

Hey, dont worry.

There are hererics on the high seas as well.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Nihka - 08-31-2016

Nihka wasn't particularly frustrated in that situation. Examining dead bodies doesn't always have all the information. She didn't even know there was more information to find, because by failing the roll just meant she didn't find anything more. I will be using a minor to swap that aspect out into something more appropriate.

As for Fox Hollow two, i would like to go but I don't think that my schedule will allow it, so let others in to take my spot.

Here is an example ship with the rules, to give people ideas. The Night Raven's legendary airship, the Breadloaf.

Sample Ship - The Breadloaf

Size - Small

Creators - Evangeline, X’Cinna, X’Aria, Nihka, Sukaretto, assorted Night Ravens

High Aspect - Custom Built Free Company Airship.

Crew Aspect - Technology Obsessed Murder Cats - The huntresses of the Fallen Stars are strong, quick, and almost unacquainted with technology. They’re as likely to smash you with a cannon than shoot it, but have no equal in tenacity and strength.

Aspect - Thoroughly Aria-Proofed - There are few things more damaging to the delicate controls of an airship than the frenzied yanking of an over muscled huntress. After several near death experiences, every pedal, yoke, button and lever has been hardened and reinforced for harsh pulls, emergency stops, and other quick maneuvers.

Aspect - It’s all broken before - Basically every part of the Breadloaf has failed, broken, or exploded at least once. A floating patchwork of repairs, the crew is incredibly skilled at keeping her aloft… until the next failure.

Aspect - (Poorly)Fine Tuned Engine - Evangeline and company have spent countless hours tinkering with the overburdened engine driving the Breadloaf. It now thrums with power… but is prone to sputtering out at the worst times

Crew Skills (Average)
Sail +1
Fight +1

Stunt - Lance Storage - The crew of Huntresses means bundles of lances in every conceivable location. While the ship maintains /Broadside Positions/ any character or crew not involved with shooting may use Fight to throw lances at the enemy.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Sukaaretto Ueno - 08-31-2016

Just want to post it to make it official

We're trying to finalize the ship for the Night Ravens Crew:

Crew member:

S'imba
Xarl 
Nuin
Theia (outside contact for the adventurers at the Ravens.

RE: [Periodic][Fate-14] Dead God's Chest - Gypaetus - 08-31-2016

Uh... confused and new to this.

Nuin Noiregide signing up for Monday, the 5th.