Hydaelyn Role-Players
Price check on housing! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Price check on housing! (/showthread.php?tid=12781)

Price check on housing! - RiniKett - 07-31-2015

Ello!

There are still a few things in the game that are alien to me, one being housing, so if anyone would be so kind to help, as I know many of you are, feel free to educate me beyond my questions.

I'm looking to buy a small plot in the Goblet for my FC. I am aware the plot is normally 5 mil just to buy it normally, and 400k to build the house. What I am not sure of is are there some higher than 5 mil down? Also, does anyone know what the acceptable/average price is on the server to relieve someone from their small plot? Thanks!

RE: Price check on housing! - Aris - 07-31-2015

Hello!

Sadly because of our active population, housing is a problem on Balmung as there aren't enough plots to meet player demand. When they added in the extra wards all the small plots were sold out within a few hours of the patch going live, if that helps give you an idea of how bad it is! Sad

I'm not sure on the current rate of small plots. About three months ago my friend sold his for around 20 million, and they can go higher than that. Hopefully someone will come in and give a more recent figure.

BUT! On a happier note, I believe they plan on adding more housing wards sometime over the next few months. I thought it was going to be patch 3.1, but haven't heard anything on that recently so it may be later.
It might be worth saving your gil until the new ones are released. There will be a race to get them, so being ready when the patch goes live and rushing to pick one is the way to go. Big Grin

RE: Price check on housing! - Mercer - 07-31-2015

Aris is correct but it's important to remember that you're not paying just 20 million for a house from another person. That 20 million is for them to relinquish the land leaving you to go buy it with your own money. The real total of buying a house from a third party is closer to 25 million to 35 million depending on location. Prime location spots typically sell for more.

If you want to live in Mist, you're going to pay about 10 million more. People do not like to let go of their Mist real estate.

RE: Price check on housing! - Nebbs - 07-31-2015

As said.. extortionate fees.

I know my FC is waiting for the new areas to open up and with the gil you save by not lining someone's pocket you maybe can get a larger house.

In terms of buying outright, if it were an FC's house you can transfer an FC to a new player. But then you are stuck with that FC name.

Worst thing ever allowing private houses that took the FC housing space. Worse still allowing players to have more than one housing plot, I know of some that were sitting on five and just wander around and note the uncared for places. Such a shame.

RE: Price check on housing! - RiniKett - 07-31-2015

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I am aware that we are getting plots in 3.1, but the release date could be awhile. While it is much higher to pay the 20 million to release the plot and then for me to spend the 5, I might still pay it. It really depends on how much it is and the location of the property.

Also, as mentioned, they sell out extremely quick. If I can get the plot I desire on a guarantee rather than a chance...Well, that's just business for you. From what I've gathered I am looking anywhere from 10-30ish mil. Any other input is appreciated. Smile

Thanks again!

RE: Price check on housing! - Shoshopu - 07-31-2015

(07-31-2015, 10:04 AM)RiniKett Wrote: Ello!

There are still a few things in the game that are alien to me, one being housing, so if anyone would be so kind to help, as I know many of you are, feel free to educate me beyond my questions.

I'm looking to buy a small plot in the Goblet for my FC. I am aware the plot is normally 5 mil just to buy it normally, and 400k to build the house. What I am not sure of is are there some higher than 5 mil down? Also, does anyone know what the acceptable/average price is on the server to relieve someone from their small plot? Thanks!

To answer your price question more specifically (since most people focused on the "paying people to give up their own plot" part of your post), on a "Rich" server such as ours, 5 million is the highest a small plot can go, and 4 million is the lowest. The price of a plot actually depends on where it is. A 5th class plot is 4 million, a 4th class plot is 4.25 million, and so on and so forth, until you get to the 1st class plots, which are 5 million.

Here's a map color-coded by class of the Goblet. (The Subdivisions use the exact same map, just rotated 90 degrees... clockwise, I think). As you can see, the cheapest small houses would be in the outskirts, while the most expensive ones are near the center.
[Image: 692px-The_goblet_plots1.jpg]

For more information on pricing for different sizes of houses/plots and on different servers, check out this link!

edit: ALSO, it is UNCONFIRMED (as of like last week but maybe something has changed and I missed it) but HIGHLY SPECULATED that they're adding more wards in 3.1, since they're adding other housing changes with the patch too, like being able to share your house with housemates. I'm looking to buy a house as well but I'm trying to not get my hopes too high in case they don't add more.

(07-31-2015, 12:10 PM)Shoshopu Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 10:04 AM)RiniKett Wrote: Ello!

To answer your price question more specifically (since most people focused on the "paying people to give up their own plot" part of your post), on a "Rich" server such as ours, 5 million is the highest a small plot can go, and 4 million is the lowest. The price of a plot actually depends on where it is. A 5th class plot is 4 million, a 4th class plot is 4.25 million, and so on and so forth, until you get to the 1st class plots, which are 5 million.

Here's a map color-coded by class of the Goblet. (The Subdivisions use the exact same map, just rotated 90 degrees... clockwise, I think). As you can see, the cheapest small houses would be in the outskirts, while the most expensive ones are near the center.
[Image: 692px-The_goblet_plots1.jpg]

For more information on pricing for different sizes of houses/plots and on different servers, check out this link!

edit: ALSO, it is UNCONFIRMED (as of like last week but maybe something has changed and I missed it) but HIGHLY SPECULATED that they're adding more wards in 3.1, since they're adding other housing changes with the patch too, like being able to share your house with housemates. I'm looking to buy a house as well but I'm trying to not get my hopes too high in case they don't add more.

Omgosh, Awesome! Thank you! This helps so much with the value thing. I was totally lost on that.

RE: Price check on housing! - Sarnai Kha - 07-31-2015

Yeah. Ul'dah and Lavander bed housing is pretty okay-ish from 3rd partys. Mist properties will bleed you dry though. A friend asked me to help sell his small mist house on the beachfront at one point and it was going around for 34 mill or something.

RE: Price check on housing! - Kage - 07-31-2015

Smalls are 5 mil, medium 37.5mil, and large 87.5 mil at max price for Balmung. (Answered already)

The house building permit is around... 450k for a small, 1mil for medium, 3mil for large.

They haven't confirmed when they are adding plots. Last I read in a live letter they're still "happy" with it. I would strongly advise in not getting your hopes up about it being 3.1.

(07-31-2015, 12:32 PM)Kage Wrote: Smalls are 5 mil, medium 37.5mil, and large 87.5 mil at max price for Balmung. (Answered already)

The house building permit is around... 450k for a small, 1mil for medium, 3mil for large.

They haven't confirmed when they are adding plots. Last I read in a live letter they're still "happy" with it. I would strongly advise in not getting your hopes up about it being 3.1.

Thanks Kage, and that is my thought/worry. It comes down to saving money or securing it through more funding. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing.

I am still wondering on the avg price on the smalls, maybe even the mediums. I really just want to know what price I can advertise to catch people's interest, but also not not over extend myself to a point where I can't barter a bit.

Thanks again everyone!