Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? (/showthread.php?tid=12794)

Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? - 13uddy - 08-01-2015

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Is there a site or directory that is focused on wearable items in the game, such as how they look, how they are obtained and possibly other information?  I realize that I can try on items at the Market Board or vendors and then look them up on various wikis, but I was curious if there might be a place dedicated to wearable items for those of us that might want to get ideas on an RP outfit separate from just wearing whatever is best for our current job/level or for ideas of what we may want to obtain to Glamour.

RE: Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? - L'yuta - 08-01-2015

I have a couple friends who use this. I don't use it often myself because I'm an impatient child who hates how slow the page loads, but I've seen some nice outfits on here!

RE: Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? - Shoshopu - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 04:30 PM)L Wrote: I have a couple friends who use this. I don't use it often myself because I'm an impatient child who hates how slow the page loads, but I've seen some nice outfits on here!

In a similar vein, there's also this blog that I follow! They reblog pictures of neat glamours and oufits, which is good for the "ideas for outfits" front.

Buuut I don't think there's FFXIV equivalent of, say, GW2-fashion or similar, which is really unfortunate. In my time spent playing GW2 I was really spoiled by these types of sites, there were at least two or three at the time.

RE: Gear/Fashion Site or Directory? - 13uddy - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 04:30 PM)L Wrote: I have a couple friends who use this. I don't use it often myself because I'm an impatient child who hates how slow the page loads, but I've seen some nice outfits on here!

Thank you!  Yeah, that does load a bit slow, but I'll give it a look.

(08-01-2015, 04:38 PM)Shoshopu Wrote:

In a similar vein, there's also this blog that I follow! They reblog pictures of neat glamours and oufits, which is good for the "ideas for outfits" front.

Buuut I don't think there's FFXIV equivalent of, say, GW2-fashion or similar, which is really unfortunate. In my time spent playing GW2 I was really spoiled by these types of sites, there were at least two or three at the time.

Thank you!

And while I've never tried the GW2 site (never got around to getting GW2 yet), I have similarly been a bit spoiled by similar sites for other games.  While not fashion related, I frequent EQ2 Decorators quite often for ideas on what to put in my homes (multiple because I got a few of the free premium homes from Veteran Rewards and from loot cards from my free packs of the online TCG).