Hydaelyn Role-Players
SCIENCE. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: SCIENCE. (/showthread.php?tid=12797)

SCIENCE. - Kiur - 08-01-2015

Normally I like to post "Greetings, Mortals" as my intro to add a bit of humor but the whole "Greetings" things seems to be played out these days. Instead I went with my character's catchphrase. Not so much a catchphrase perhaps, but more of a word she is incapable of saying with an inside voice.

Kiur Kenneth is a woman with some neurological damage after a bad run in with a mage who was trying to wipe Kiur's memories. (You can see her profile here) I'll post on the RP Connections thing later but that's the basic rundown.

I came to FFXIV after my entire guild from WoW migrated to this game while I was off playing other stuff. After a good friend wore me down by lauding FFXIV's gameplay and community, I finally dropped the coin (Read: Nerdspeak for cash monies) and started playing.
My impressions were lackluster, perhaps in due to a rather boring first choice for a first class. For about 80 hours straight I was doomed to the same two skills and event made a huge rant (Warning: Profane language) about it on my Tumblr.

I am pleased to report that my impressions improved (Though it took 150 hours for it too, which is a very bad thing) when I stopped trying to concentrate on plowing through the FIVE content packs before Heavensward and unlocking DRK. I farmed poetics for a while for the Ironworks set (Which I adore). After some mindless questing I got DRK at long last and I am finally enjoying it. I partly enjoy the major xp boost due to class disparity from my level 52 Dragoon. I'm level 38 as of typing this out (I'll be getting back to the Coerthas fate questing shortly).

After all this I fear I have alienated the guild I'm in due to my bouts of frustration with the game, and my personal level of snarkiness has not helped matters. Every other thing I say seems aggressive to the glead so when I get around to it, I'll be making an RP Connections post looking for a new, better fit for my character.
Until then.
Hello.

RE: SCIENCE. - Aris - 08-01-2015

Hello Smile Welcome to HRC!

Kiur Kenneth sounds very interesting - look forward to hearing more about her!

RE: SCIENCE. - Kiur - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 07:10 PM)Aris Wrote: Kiur Kenneth sounds very interesting - look forward to hearing more about her!

Kiur is an absolute joy to roleplay. I model her speech patterns from the Malkavians in the World of Darkness setting with a bit of Psycho-speak from Borderlands thrown in.
Half her speech can be understood, the other half consists of "FOR SCIENCE" and "I AM AN ADORABLE MUD PIE."

OOCly, everybody so far has absolutely enjoyed interacting with her.

Unless they think I'm a troll-RPer. On WoW, some characters never responded to her. I suspect they thought I was trying to interrupt stuff when Kiur is just crazy-cute.
And that's why I don't tavern RP.

RE: SCIENCE. - 13uddy - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 07:15 PM)Kiur Wrote: Kiur is an absolute joy to roleplay. I model her speech patterns from the Malkavians in the World of Darkness setting with a bit of Psycho-speak from Borderlands thrown in.
Half her speech can be understood, the other half consists of "FOR SCIENCE" and "I AM AN ADORABLE MUD PIE."
 Welcome!

And your character kinda reminds me a bit of how my best friend plays a few of her characters (though she has yet to join us here).  The really scary part is she could say something IC that, for all intents and purposes, makes NO sense whatsoever, but for some reason I'll know exactly what she means.

RE: SCIENCE. - Kiur - 08-02-2015

Not everything she says is "random humor", though. Most of the time she's actually trying to say something but her brain is incapable of forming the proper words for it.

On WoW, she could never say the words "Priests" or "Paladins". She always called them "Burnies" or "Shinies" because her brain associated Light/Holy magic with pain and, well, shininess.

I'll be bringing some of that to her FFXIV version.