Hydaelyn Role-Players
Suddenly, an arrow! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Suddenly, an arrow! (/showthread.php?tid=12821)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Edgar - 08-03-2015

Fwoop! The arrows passed by Edgar's head and lodged itself in his knee as he sat down in the Hinterlands. He looked down at it, furrowing his brow and yanking it out as if it were nothing. With a finger placed on his lip he pondered the location of the attacker, doing some quick calculations in his mind, before retrieving a book from his satchel, this one entitled, Archery for Simpletons.

"Hey! YOU MISSED." He launched the book at the attacker, clonking him on the head with devastating accuracy.

"Five points. That's thirty-five, now. I'll have that plushy, yet."

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Askier - 08-03-2015

The arrow slams into Ki's coin pouch and Gil spills everywhere. The poor start rushing for the Gil.

Ki proceeds to kill all the people going for his Gil. He then retrives his coins. He THEN loots the bodies of the dead before going on his way.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Cato - 08-03-2015

Graeham would be unnerved but he'd also be prepared for the aftermath. It wouldn't be the first attempt at ending his life and as a diplomat who seeks to unite Eorzea and the lands beyond it he's well aware that he may very well end up being killed by extremists at some point.

Not everybody is keen on the idea of there being peace talks between Garlemald and Eorzea. If he ever ends up in a position where that is set to happen then he probably will end up being injured or killed.

In fact, should the worst happen and Garlemald ends up being presented as nothing more than a generic evil empire then I likely will just have him killed off and end his story there. Almost everything I do with him with a long term goal in mind is based around the hope that someday we'll get to see Garlemald for ourselves and when we do it'll be in a manner similar to Archades of FFXII.

Then again, if Garlemald ends up not being given the same morally grey treatment as everywhere else then I'd pretty much just lose interest in the game altogether I suppose. Though I have a feeling that it'll be handled well given how they chose to approach Ishgard and the three main City States.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - WorstRPerEver - 08-03-2015

Run around in a frenzied state of panic, torn between fleeing for his life and looking for the person who tried shooting him.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Qhora Bajihri - 08-03-2015

Disappear. Lay low. Change the way she looks. Possibly pick up/sell all belongings and move. Reappear with a new name and new identity. Repeat as necessary.

If someone's trying to kill her, she's pretty sure she's earned it, so there's not much point in revenge. If it continues despite her best efforts, she might need some defensive offense, but otherwise, the disappearing trick seems fairly reliable.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Hyakki - 08-03-2015

Instinct tells me to dodge or block it.

I'm not very good at long-winded posts or para rp, low-effort posting is unintentional.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Manari - 08-03-2015

Manari would assume instantly one person in particular was behind the attempted assassination, but would also know that person wouldn't miss and would assume the arrow was a message of some sort. Manari would pull the arrow from whatever it struck and examine it, hoping it would contain some sort of clue as to where she should go to hopefully end this long over due conflict she was in.

If this happened out in the wilds of the Shroud, she would not let anyone get away. But in a city or a tavern or somesuch she would not be as good at pursuit.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - 13uddy - 08-03-2015

"Huh.  Somebody is a lousy shot, there isn't even a target anywhere near h...   Wait."
Then he'll try to mentally list any possible reason someone would be trying to injure or kill him, most of them either comical or extremely trivial because he couldn't fathom that he has ever done anything bad enough to warrant that kind of aggression.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Hyrist - 08-03-2015

Ok, long post so details below!

Show Content

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Silver Sun - 08-03-2015

Glazwyb is a fairly paranoid person when others look at her, so having an arrow shot at her and the culprit vanishing would cause her to give the evil eye to anyone in her vicinity for a few days. Approaching her to hold a conversation in those few days would probably be next to impossible as she'd likely strike them for even getting that close. She'd mellow out after a bit, but take extra precautions to ensure she'd at least see who was trying to attack her should it happen again.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - C'kayah Polaali - 08-03-2015

The sun was setting behind the walls of the city, though the day was still hot and the night's wind had not yet risen. C'kayah Polaali was holding up a jar of sweet new Thanalan wine, watching the way the dimming light played through it when the arrow shattered it. He fell to the ground, clutching at the shaft that protruded from his shoulder. His free hand scrabbled inside his vest for a glowing blue crystal on a leather cord. A portable aetherite crystal. Extortionately expensive, he had started carrying one after the nearly successful attempt on his life by the Roegadyn bandit Dennthota. The crystal flared, and he disappeared.

Word spread out that night like ripples from a stone tossed into a pond. Gil was being offered - substantial gil - for information leading to the capture of the assassin.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-03-2015

*Thunk* The arrow lands in Evangeline's shoulder, blunted by the layers of mail she customarily wears under her clothing. Armor meant to ward off the swarms of assassins that would some day be after her once her revolution began to gain momentum. Of course... its been over a year now, and no one had ever tried.

"Wait... someone tried to kill me?"

"MUHAHAHAA THOSE TYRANICAL SCUM HAVE FINALLY TAKEN NOTICE."

Evangeline grips the arrow and laughs maniacally at the sky, "FINALLY."

Then somewhere in the distance an assassin, who accidentally hit the wrong target, wonders why the bypasser he hit instead is sobbing with joy. "I wonder who the hell that lass is."

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Verad - 08-03-2015

Nothing, because I'm probably the one who fired it in the first place.

Not that I was trying to kill myself. I just fired an arrow at some innocuous thing other than me.

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Aya - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:39 PM)Verad Wrote: Nothing, because I'm probably the one who fired it in the first place.

Not that I was trying to kill myself. I just fired an arrow at some innocuous thing other than me.
I actually thought this would just be, "Nothing, its situation normal." with all of the trouble Verad seems to get into these days :-]

RE: Suddenly, an arrow! - Kellach Woods - 08-03-2015

"Huh, must have mistook me for someone else."

"Why do they want to kill Phantom? He's a good bird!"

Kell'd be utterly oblivious.