Hydaelyn Role-Players
Moonfire Faire 2015 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Moonfire Faire 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=12848)

Pages: 1 2 3

Moonfire Faire 2015 - Elaris - 08-05-2015

[Image: 294a8ddc76c65c5337fb01f721e2ffdcfb7876d6.png]

[Image: tumblr_nsm3csQ8z41uogdyko1_540.png]

Moonfire Faire 2015!
Date: August 11th, 2015 - September 7th, 2015
Link: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2015/Moonfire_Faire/

The realm now basks in the golden glow of the summer sun, its cities adorned with balloons and streamers. And the glittering flash of fireworks over the shores of Costa del Sol can only mean one thing—the Moonfire Faire, the fiery festival by which we celebrate the season. Hosted by the Adventurers' Guild, they mean to help the people of Eorzea grow more familiar with their deeds. But alas, this year they are understaffed, and want for assistance. To those who would ensure the celebration is a sizzling success, pray seek out Haermaga, grand chaperone of this year's Moonfire Faire.

Quest Start Location: Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks - Haermaga
[Image: map_01.png?1438760518]

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Cato - 08-05-2015

I'm not particularly fond of the 'shirt' for male characters but I quite like the shorts. I'll probably combine them with the south sea talisman for whenever Graeham hits the beach!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - LadyRochester - 08-05-2015

Kind of sad there's not more clothes this year. Last year it was about 4 bathing suits and 3 yukatas per character. Now it's only two dresses and three varieties of fireworks (which probably look the same but in different colours anyway.)

But I guess I can't judge until we actually see the event. We'll see.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Cato - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:16 AM)LadyRochester Wrote: Kind of sad there's not more clothes this year. Last year it was about 4 bathing suits and 3 yukatas per character. Now it's only two dresses and three varieties of fireworks (which probably look the same but in different colours anyway.)

They'll probably throw last year's gear on the Mog Station (if they haven't done so already) once this year's event is over.

Who knows? Maybe we'll get some interesting new gear if there's a separate event for this year's anniversary!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Berrod Armstrong - 08-05-2015

Yessss, things! I can't wait!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Gegenji - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:21 AM)Graeham Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:16 AM)LadyRochester Wrote: Kind of sad there's not more clothes this year. Last year it was about 4 bathing suits and 3 yukatas per character. Now it's only two dresses and three varieties of fireworks (which probably look the same but in different colours anyway.)

They'll probably throw last year's gear on the Mog Station (if they haven't done so already) once this year's event is over.

Who knows? Maybe we'll get some interesting new gear if there's a separate event for this year's anniversary!

I'm actually kinda hoping this is the case - or we get another chance at the yukatas somehow in-game. I know a couple folks that would love to have them for their characters, and I wouldn't mind snagging one or two for Chachan. More Doman clothes for the Doman Lalafell! Blush

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Aris - 08-05-2015

I'm so happy there's another event, I love seeing them in game. Feels like it's been ages since the last one, or is there usually long this a gap? Tongue

The windchime looks nice, too.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - 13uddy - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 09:58 AM)Graeham Wrote: I'm not particularly fond of the 'shirt' for male characters but I quite like the shorts. I'll probably combine them with the south sea talisman for whenever Graeham hits the beach!

I'm not too fond of the shirt choices either, at least in regards to my main character.  But the shorts are perfect!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Telluride - 08-05-2015

Yeah, if these are the only offerings, SE is skimping on us this year.

I get that they had to put a lot of work into Heavensward, so may not have had more dev time to devote to it, but this is their anniversary gig.

To match last year's, they'd need to offer a few more clothing items, at least, and a new dance. It's been a really long time, relatively speaking, since we've had what I would call a "good" seasonal event in Eorzea; I was rather disappointed with the last... three?

But then, I really don't like sheep helmets, and the doll thing isn't to my interest at all, so I suppose I could say that these events were not "for me".

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - TheLastCandle - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:22 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:21 AM)Graeham Wrote:

I'm actually kinda hoping this is the case - or we get another chance at the yukatas somehow in-game. I know a couple folks that would love to have them for their characters, and I wouldn't mind snagging one or two for Chachan. More Doman clothes for the Doman Lalafell! Blush

It's odd that the banner image for the event shows two characters wearing the yukata from last year, but we're getting 1950's surf movie swimsuits. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the yukata will be obtainable somehow. It's the only way that image (which is different from the one used last year) makes sense.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Telluride - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 11:52 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: It's odd that the banner image for the event shows two characters wearing the yukata from last year, but we're getting 1950's surf movie swimsuits. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the yukata will be obtainable somehow. It's the only way that image (which is different from the one used last year) makes sense.

Well, they COULD put the NPCs in the Yukatas, but not let us have them back, thereby taunting us on multiple levels, but that would be quite trollish and pessimistic, wouldn't it?

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - -no longer matters- - 08-05-2015

Hmmm Not feeling these dresses. I don't think War would be caught dead in them.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Lilia Lia - 08-05-2015

Glad to see some bathing suits I can wear that won't make me bare my midriff.  It's not exactly the most flattering part of the lalafell anatomy.

They're cute but I agree it seems like we're not getting much of anything, which is a shame because I love last year's outfits.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Qhora Bajihri - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:48 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote: Glad to see some bathing suits I can wear that won't make me bare my midriff.

Yesssss, I love the one-piece look, and am glad to see swimwear that's not itty bitty. It's true, the pickings are slim compared to previous years, but I'm still glad of these particular additions to the wardrobe.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Fox - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 11:56 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 11:52 AM)TheLastCandle Wrote: It's odd that the banner image for the event shows two characters wearing the yukata from last year, but we're getting 1950's surf movie swimsuits. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the yukata will be obtainable somehow. It's the only way that image (which is different from the one used last year) makes sense.

Well, they COULD put the NPCs in the Yukatas, but not let us have them back, thereby taunting us on multiple levels, but that would be quite trollish and pessimistic, wouldn't it?

They still might bring them back. Afterall, last year they allowed us to purchase the bathing suits from the first year. But we won't know till Tuesday either way.