Hydaelyn Role-Players
Moonfire Faire 2015 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Moonfire Faire 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=12848)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Caspar - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:48 PM)Lilia Lia Wrote: Glad to see some bathing suits I can wear that won't make me bare my midriff.  It's not exactly the most flattering part of the lalafell anatomy.

They're cute but I agree it seems like we're not getting much of anything, which is a shame because I love last year's outfits.
I was hoping for oldies swimsuits. I think they have a kind of 1900s feel to them. I'm glad they're adding some, and will definitely want one.

However, I think what excites me more is that the yukata background does hint at the cash shop offering, since this was done with the old Valentione clothes during the latest Valentines event.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - A'kos Saiyal - 08-06-2015

I was looking forward to the yukatas since I didn't have a chance for them but these pics are kind of dissapointing. Like several posters above, I'm not into the shirts, but I do like the shorts.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Rosamund - 08-06-2015

They're selling yukatas and the bomb dance on Mogstation now! Big Grin

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Cato - 08-06-2015

Oh, nice! My partner missed out on getting the emote so I'll definitely get it for him as gift!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Steel Wolf - 08-06-2015

Well that tears it. Steel's totes buying a yukata now.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Arrelaine - 08-06-2015

D: They're not selling the cute clogs though! Nooooooooooo.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Caspar - 08-06-2015

Aw, I kinda wanted the clogs too. Oh well. Off to pump money into them shamelessly...

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Sounsyy - 08-06-2015

(08-05-2015, 10:16 AM)LadyRochester Wrote: Kind of sad there's not more clothes this year. Last year it was about 4 bathing suits and 3 yukatas per character. Now it's only two dresses

I was concerned by this as well until I noticed that this year's outfits are dyeable. Previous event gear was not dyeable, so they gave you 3-4 different colored versions of the same outfit. This year they just made the set they give you dyeable so you can make multi-colored variants without wasting valuable inventory space. I'm rather fond of this option, especially considering it usually takes like 2 patches before you can store event gear in your coffer.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Enla - 08-06-2015

(08-06-2015, 08:10 AM)Arrelaine Wrote: D: They're not selling the cute clogs though! Nooooooooooo.

They also aren't selling the White and Black one for Females. ): I wanted that one the most.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Gegenji - 08-07-2015

I picked up a yukata and the bomb dance for Chachan so he can properly participate. And start a random bomb dance party in the front yard of our Free Company. Good times.

But yeah, I don't think it's mentioned, but the dance is $2, and each Yukata is $3. I didn't pay much attention to the girls' yukatas since none of my characters could wear them, but the boys have a choice between white, black, and blue. I figured white would be best for Chachan and am quite happy with my choice.

... Now I just have to wait for the actual event so I can put an old-timey swimsuit outfit together for Judge, because folks have talked me into wanting to see it. Need to pick out some nice "swimming goggles" for him too so he looks extra ridiculous. Laugh

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - K'nahli - 08-07-2015

I don't tend to expect much from season events since it feels like we usually get those silly items like the sheep helmets and that strange bull one, but I usually enjoy the story nonetheless. The sheep one was absolutely adorable, haha.

Oh! And we got a minion!

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this one even if the swimsuits don't do much for me personally. Tuesday can't come fast enough!

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - LadyRochester - 08-07-2015

(08-06-2015, 10:23 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:16 AM)LadyRochester Wrote: Kind of sad there's not more clothes this year. Last year it was about 4 bathing suits and 3 yukatas per character. Now it's only two dresses

I was concerned by this as well until I noticed that this year's outfits are dyeable. Previous event gear was not dyeable, so they gave you 3-4 different colored versions of the same outfit. This year they just made the set they give you dyeable so you can make multi-colored variants without wasting valuable inventory space. I'm rather fond of this option, especially considering it usually takes like 2 patches before you can store event gear in your coffer.

Oh! They are dyable. That changes a lot. Okay, I guess that makes things a little better. Tongue
I wonder what they have in store for us for the anniversary though.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Edgar - 08-07-2015

During the last Moonfire Faire, all the Yukatas, including the 1.0 ones, were purchasable from NPCs. I see no reason why we should assume that won't be the case, this time.

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Mimiko - 08-07-2015

Squee! HeartHeartHeart

New outfits!
*goes into a giggle coma*

RE: Moonfire Faire 2015 - Arrelaine - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 11:16 AM)Edgar Wrote: During the last Moonfire Faire, all the Yukatas, including the 1.0 ones, were purchasable from NPCs. I see no reason why we should assume that won't be the case, this time.

The yukatas from last year are on the mogstation this year. They won't be on the NPC for gil.