Hydaelyn Role-Players
Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene (/showthread.php?tid=12860)

Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Sen - 08-05-2015

Hello! My name is Sen, and I love to roleplay and play videogames! It is lovely that Final Fantasy XIV combines both these interests. I have been starting to roleplay more on Balmung as its community is welcoming in that endeavor, and more recently I have joined a roleplaying free company by the name of The Sanctum's Song.

However, in-game, I am incredibly shy! I find myself lurking more than actually approaching others to roleplay! I recently created a couple of RPC wikis for my characters that I think I am finally comfortable enough to actively share, and they are: Nil Hin and Miyu Tosho.

To continue, my RP style is semi-para to paragraph as I love details to help create the setting and the tone of the story, though I know length varies with the situation. My favorite genre to roleplay is romance, though I do not actively seek it in a roleplay. Rather, I love the essence of romantic tension if the roleplay leads to it. Otherwise, I'm more than happy to roleplay with potential friends of my character. I am also a fan of bittersweet/ tragic roleplays!

This is just my little attempt to immerse myself further in Balmung's roleplaying community. c:

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - V'aleera - 08-05-2015

Welcome to the RPC. Everyone gets nervous at first, but those first few steps are the most important. If you ever have any questions about the community, the lore, or the game don't hesitate to ask.

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Alderique - 08-05-2015

Welcome! I would keep an eye out for events going on as a place to start meeting people and getting familiar with some other players. I also find it helpful to include links to a player profile and/or character wikis in your signature for others to have easy access.

Examining players in game also can reveal a lot—many people point out if they're a roleplayer, what kind of roleplay they're into, or even sometimes snippets about their character. A lot of people will have "random rp okay", "walkups welcome", or something like that. I've had situations where I've private messaged these people in game to initiate a little RP. It's intimidating at first but sometimes it helps get things going.

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - As'elena - 08-06-2015

Welcome to Balmung! Hope to be running into you someday!

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Faye - 08-06-2015

Hello there, welcome! Big Grin The shyness is natural at first but it shall wear off!

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Sen - 08-07-2015

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! And I definitely stuck my characters in my signature - great advice. c:

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Maral - 08-07-2015

I was recently admiring your layout on RPC wiki and recognized the name here on your signature! I am new to the roleplaying community as well. I wish you and Miyu and Nil the best of luck!

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Sen - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 10:07 PM)Maral Wrote: I was recently admiring your layout on RPC wiki and recognized the name here on your signature! I am new to the roleplaying community as well. I wish you and Miyu and Nil the best of luck!
Thank you, dear! You as well.

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Ardam Blackstone - 08-08-2015

Welcome! Nothing wrong with being shy, just shows you're genuine Wink

New to RPing here myself. Aren't Balmung people friggin' awesome?! New to the game itself, in fact. I would be happy to approach you for RP. I will be keeping an eye out there for you!

RE: Immersion into Balmung's RP Scene - Sen - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 01:04 AM)Ardam Wrote: Welcome! Nothing wrong with being shy, just shows you're genuine Wink

New to RPing here myself. Aren't Balmung people friggin' awesome?! New to the game itself, in fact. I would be happy to approach you for RP. I will be keeping an eye out there for you!
Sounds awesome. This game is absolutely amazing - you'll really enjoy its intricacies and its players.