Hydaelyn Role-Players
"The Dirty Dozen" type Dragoon Unit/team - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: "The Dirty Dozen" type Dragoon Unit/team (/showthread.php?tid=12897)

"The Dirty Dozen" type Dragoon Unit/team - Sylastair - 08-07-2015

Recently I have met more and more Dragoons or Dragoon-esque warriors taking the fight to Ishgard and using their skills to pay the various dragon related bills. Personally one of the things I love about the idea of Dragoons is the image of them operating as a small, specialized unit working together in a very militaristic atmosphere to get things done. What I've also seen is a lot of Dragoons who are not either on the best terms with the Holy See, or are not Elezen and therefore not very well received.

So! In this vain I am planning on approaching a few of the other Dragoon RPers I know about forming a small group that can do both Ishgardian and Dragoon related RP, while also possibly forming bonds forged in the fires of battle, xenophobia and badassness. I've no intent to make this a new Free Company, or even linkshell (unless there really is a demand for it) simply an RP creation of our very own and one we can use to promote more Dragoon related roleplay. I will be contacting some of the people I know in the next few days, but if this is something that interests you please hit me up here or in game!

EDIT:
Changed the title to better reflect the intended theme. Thanks to Ashe for feedback and constructive criticism!

RE: "Inglorious Basterds" type Dragoon Unit/team - Ashe - 08-07-2015

I clicked on this 'cause I saw "inglorious basterds" and "dragoons" in the title.

As someone who had to study that film...and how those guys operated (completely out of the law and for no regard for anything) I am not sure that the Holy See would be super happy about it xPP There are less reasons to be Xenophobic now...so it'd make more sense if your group were dragoons acting outside of the Holy See on their own (which could be fun in its own way).

That and it would depend on what timeline you are RPing on.  If you are post-HW this may not make soooo much sense.
My suggestion would be careful and plan carefully...and good luck! Incidentally, my main is not a Dragoon (he's a non-Ysayle heretic/disturber of peace).

(and if this works and you want to hunt an entire FC full of exiles/heretics let me know~ I got an FC just for that hehehe)

RE: "Inglorious Basterds" type Dragoon Unit/team - Sylastair - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 01:44 PM)Ashe Wrote: I clicked on this 'cause I saw "inglorious basterds" and "dragoons" in the title.

As someone who had to study that film...and how those guys operated (completely out of the law and for no regard for anything) I am not sure that the Holy See would be super happy about it xPP There are less reasons to be Xenophobic now...so it'd make more sense if your group were dragoons acting outside of the Holy See on their own (which could be fun in its own way).

That and it would depend on what timeline you are RPing on.  If you are post-HW this may not make soooo much sense.
My suggestion would be careful and plan carefully...and good luck! Incidentally, my main is not a Dragoon (he's a non-Ysayle heretic/disturber of peace).

(and if this works and you want to hunt an entire FC full of exiles/heretics let me know~ I got an FC just for that hehehe)
You know that is actually a really good point. I guess the outside of the law aspect was less what inspired me and more the rag tag nature of the team and interrelations between them. I was originally going to use the Dirty Dozen as my example (outcasts coming together etc. etc.) but I thought the reference might not land as well. I appreciate the comment though, it may not be as clear as I hoped, but I wanted to get it down before I forgot! XD

RE: "The Dirty Dozen" type Dragoon Unit/team - Ashe - 08-07-2015

Hehehehe
It's okay...
If you guys ever want to plot though, let me know!
We need someone to destroy our house so we can ICly move after all.

RE: "The Dirty Dozen" type Dragoon Unit/team - Sylastair - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 02:10 PM)Ashe Wrote: Hehehehe
It's okay...
If you guys ever want to plot though, let me know!
We need someone to destroy our house so we can ICly move after all.
Definitely! No, you brought up a really good point and words mean things so I would rather get the theme and idea right. As we get some steam behind this I will hit you up some time!