Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration (/showthread.php?tid=12969)

Pages: 1 2

LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Jancis - 08-12-2015

Working on a pilgrimage event... one of the shortest walks ever in Little Ala Mhigo to Rhalgr's stone.

Planning for it to be Sunday the 30th and there's a couple spots open for people who want to share a story or a song (or something else inspirational) about the Destroyer, change, etc.

Also very interested to have a couple people around afterwards to help people interact with "give blessings etc" after the stories.

Quote:Rhalgr, breaker of worlds and god of destruction, commands the element of lightning and is tied to the Fourth Umbral Moon (eighth month). He is depicted as a magi carrying a bronzen staff, and his symbol is the streaking meteor. Father of both Byregot and Halone, attendant to Nymeia, and guardian deity of the now fallen nation of Ala Mhigo.

Really open to ideas and interpretation so long as it's positive, insightful, or motivating.

Thanks!

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - CrimsonMars - 08-12-2015

Assuming I don't have work that day, Chiyo may be willing to help but she's sort of a new follower of Rhalgr.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Bryn - 08-12-2015

Sign Brynhilde up for a story/some good wholesome 'Mhigan philosophy!

Bring a rainproof poncho; it'll be sunny with a chance of flying entrails.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Telluride - 08-12-2015

As I warned Jancis, Rhalgr is the closest Eorzea has to a God of Heavy Metal.

I intend to pursue this idea Cool

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Jancis - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 03:33 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Assuming I don't have work that day, Chiyo may be willing to help but she's sort of a new follower of Rhalgr.
I'll keep touch with you on it. Thanks!

(08-12-2015, 03:42 PM)Bryn Wrote: Sign Brynhilde up for a story/some good wholesome 'Mhigan philosophy!

Bring a rainproof poncho; it'll be sunny with a chance of flying entrails.
Yay! Dogberry mentioned you'd want to come, but having Lady Brynhilde speak!! Laugh

(08-12-2015, 04:12 PM)Telluride Wrote: As I warned Jancis, Rhalgr is the closest Eorzea has to a God of Heavy Metal.

I intend to pursue this idea Cool
Oi Dodgy Please don't make it too corny, just knock the fourth wall. I don't want a song about Ala Mhigan coffee.

[Image: follow_the_deadman_by_rocketgal-d58b6cu.jpg]

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Telluride - 08-12-2015

Not to worry - the fourth wall will remain standing.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Seye Qhesu - 08-12-2015

*sets up all the mouse traps as she waits for the Highlanders to come out of their holes*

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Jana - 08-12-2015

Jana read about Rhalgr in a book once and decided he was the coolest god.

She probably can't contribute anything of worth, that doesn't mean she won't try...

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Cliodhna Eoghan - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 05:08 PM)Jancis Wrote: Oi Dodgy Please don't make it too corny, just knock the fourth wall. I don't want a song about Ala Mhigan coffee.

[Image: dtd3vpmrnw52ccec72ml.jpg]
i wanna see a song about ala mhigan dark roast now..... :<

and you know clio's gonna be there, along with some long repressed feels luls

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Berrod Armstrong - 08-12-2015

I can help out.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Pastry Army - 08-12-2015

Mistalv Arroway. 

Fist of Rhalgr.

I'm in.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Jancis - 08-13-2015

(08-12-2015, 05:11 PM)Telluride Wrote: Not to worry - the fourth wall will remain standing.
It always has - I just used it as an excuse to post that picture. Blush

(08-12-2015, 05:53 PM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote: *sets up all the mouse traps as she waits for the Highlanders to come out of their holes*
We have footage of that... I loved this improv show. Heart

[youtube]iAZcJ2gCpEo[/youtube]

(08-12-2015, 06:04 PM)Jana Wrote: Jana read about Rhalgr in a book once and decided he was the coolest god.

She probably can't contribute anything of worth, that doesn't mean she won't try...
Yay coolest. Just participating and being there is contributing.

(08-12-2015, 06:43 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 05:08 PM)Jancis Wrote: Oi Dodgy Please don't make it too corny, just knock the fourth wall. I don't want a song about Ala Mhigan coffee.

Hehehehe all the feels

(08-12-2015, 06:59 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I can help out.
Laugh LaughLaugh Laugh

(08-12-2015, 08:07 PM)Pastry Army Wrote: Mistalv Arroway. 

Fist of Rhalgr.

I'm in.
Wonderful!

I will set up a PM and give you the basics I already have, we can brainstorm the rest together. And I'll touch base what time frame works best for everyone and try to match it up best as possible.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm excited for this one! It's #11!

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Telluride - 08-13-2015

(08-12-2015, 06:43 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:

-pulls over Jancis' fainting couch-

DO YOU FOLKS LIKE LITTLE ALA MHIGO?
THE NEW ALA MHIGO... BY THE STONE OF RHALGR?
OUR CELEBRATION WILL PAY HOMAGE
TO A MIGHTY GOD
COME OUT TO RHALGR'S STONE!
SING, PRAY, WE'RE DYING FOR YOUR WORDS
HIGHLANDERS APLENTY, CLAD IN LEATHER STRAPS,
COME AND HEAR OUR WORDS, SING, PRAY, WE WANT TO HAVE YOU THERE!
PREPARE FOR THE ULTIMATE CELEBRATION... WE WANNA SEE YOU! RAWR!
COME SHOUT... AND LET IT OUT... WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

RHALGR'S STONE
RHALGR'S STONE
RHALGR'S STONE
BE THERE!

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Berrod Armstrong - 08-13-2015

I'll have Berrod probably recite some prayers and mantras and -- harmlessly -- demonstrate punishment and self-flagellation rituals before the stone (as well of rites of intercession) -- AS WELL AS SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO MAKE THEIR OWN LITTLE SHRINE TO HIM (fun fact: it involves destruction!). 

He'll also preach a little about destruction if he gets the opportunity. Maybe he'll get little prayer scrolls printed for those who can read. YES GOOD EXCITEMENT.

RE: LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration - Erik Mynhier - 08-13-2015

Ok so... here is the one time offer. Erik, Nathen, Berrod, and any other highlander guy game, long wild hair, felt chaps dyed black, and no shirts. Going metal on the place.....

[youtube]2G5rfPISIwo[/youtube]