Hydaelyn Role-Players
New around hereee~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New around hereee~ (/showthread.php?tid=13349)

Pages: 1 2

New around hereee~ - Adastreia Kanas - 09-10-2015

Heya!

I go by Kitten in game and I'm pretty new to FFXIV (been on for about 3 weeks and have 11 hours of playtime). Feel free to message me in game on Adastreia Kanas (to say hi or anything at all) if you'd like! ^_^ If I don't reply it may be because tell is turned off at the moment because gold spammers really bothered me when I first started. -_- So mail might be good too! Also feel free to message me here on the forum at any time if you have any questions or just wanna say hi!

--MMORPG background

I'm not really new to MMO games but I've never RPed on them before... I joined a few weeks ago and I'm at ilvl 180 now so on top of my time playing (roulette and stuff like Alexander grinding) in the evening I thought maybe this would be a fun change of pace? I have a friend who showed me here and she also wants to get into this too, maybe. :3

--RP experience

I've never really done this before, like I said, but I've done a tiny bit on the current server I'm on with my friend just for fun (but nothing too long or deep).

--Character ideas/info

I only really have one character at the moment since I'm still really new.

I don't really have anything nice like a backstory or anything, but maybe I'll think one up if I really get into this more!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

The friend I mentioned above found this site for me so I could find people we can RP with on Adamantoise since we are already established there. xD

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I was looking for light-to-medium for now. I am a pretty competitive player kinda... so I want to gear my characters with my friends cause they wanna do stuff like Alexander Savage, so RP would have to take the back burner (or whatever they say xD) but all I do is just Alexander and daily expert roulette each week.

So maybe like 1-2 hours a night a few nights a week right now? Maybe more or less depending on what it is and how I like it!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

There's nothing much else... I've been addicted to FFXIV since mid/late August because of my friends. :( Otherwise I'm looking forward to more end game stuff and maybe trying this RP business hehe. ^_^

And thanks for having me here everyone!!! :3

RE: New around hereee~ - SaintEaon - 09-10-2015

Welcome to the game ^.^

You can find me in game under the name Raeaon Norellia, I'm down for pretty much any RP and I'd be happy to help you find other RPers be they ERPers or otherwise and help you get a foothold in the RP community. 

I'm on basically all the time but I got some Military shit to do after work so I wont be on till later tonight (well later than usual for me), but feel free to add me or message me.

EDIT:
Oh you're on Adamanoise not Balmaung...oops. IGNORE ME.

RE: New around hereee~ - Kage - 09-10-2015

Heyo! I'm not on Adamantoise but I've done some searching around.

Perhaps this might be of help?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/37wu29/adamantoisefc_looking_to_start_an_rp_based_fc/

RE: New around hereee~ - Warren Castille - 09-10-2015

Please teach me to secret of going from fresh to 180 in 11 hours. I need it for reasons.

Also, welcome.

RE: New around hereee~ - Adastreia Kanas - 09-10-2015

@Warren Castille

LOL!

Thank you so much!

I actually uh... I grinded through MSQ as fast as I could. My friends helped me (but we did not undersize anything until I was about level 40-45?). I got to 50 in about 3 days and then I slowed down from 50-60 because it was really exhausting... So I spent a week (evenings) doing MSQ and some side quests to unlock flying on all Heavensward maps, getting about 1.5 levels a night... At the end of that week I was 60. I grinded for a day and got all my law gear and some Alexander gear + 1 esoteric gear to even out at ilvl 180.

/phew...

@Kage

Thank you so much! I'm in a FC right now with super sweet people but they just don't RP. I do like them so I am going to stay, but having friends to ERP/RP with would be awesome so I could try it out for the first time!!!

@Saint Eaon

Thank you anyways! <3 I appreciate the gesture, it's very sweet! ^_^

Thanks all for the warm welcome so soon! :3

RE: New around hereee~ - Aris - 09-10-2015

Welcome! Smile

Thank you so much Aris! ^_^ Glad to be around~

RE: New around hereee~ - SaintEaon - 09-10-2015

(09-10-2015, 12:57 PM)Eiresione Athanas Wrote: Thank you so much Aris! ^_^ Glad to be around~

You know if you'd like to play on Balmaung you don't have to sacrifice your characters, you can just transfer them over and play, costs a bit yeah but it also doesn't give a damn about server pop.

I believe the part of having a bunch of friends and a nice FC is part of the reason why OP is not interested in transferring. That is A-OK.

For that purpose, look into the recruitment subreddit or even the official forums (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/816-Adamantoise) asking about Linkshells or a group of peoples or person's to hook you up!

Thanks everyone!

Maybe I'll do just that. ^_^ I'll keep looking here too, ofc. :3

Sorry I can't be of further help! It looks like we haven't had anyone recently make or keep active an Adamantoise FC or Linkshell page nor any recent posts about anyone being there.

I don't have any contacts there myself so was hoping I might at least help in pointing you in a direction that hopefully can help you get some.

For casual Tavern RP of the SFW variety, you might be able to engage in some in our IC forums if so inclined.

@Kage that's super sweet of you and I really appreciate all your efforts in any case! ^_^

I don't expect everyone to baby me around and I just appreciate any help! :3

I was going to make another character elsewhere but after grinding all the way to ilvl 180 I feel like I'd probably hang myself if I had to level someone fresh and redo the MSQs... XD

RE: New around hereee~ - Lydia Lightfoot - 09-10-2015

Thankfully, other than unlocking equipment items which have appearances one may want to use for RP outfits, leveling and questing is otherwise completely irrelevant to RP. No particular role in a writing and story sense is ever closed off to someone just because their character is level 32 or something.

RE: New around hereee~ - Roe Dad - 09-10-2015

Welcome! If you ever want someone to rp with feel free to message me. On here or in game

@Calliope

Yep! You're totally right! ^_^ I just generally like glamour stuff so I enjoy wearing what I have... ahah XD It sounds silly.

@Okhi

I sent you a msg! ^_^ Thankies! :3