Hydaelyn Role-Players
Wiki formatting question! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Wiki formatting question! (/showthread.php?tid=13376)

Wiki formatting question! - Jaliqai - 09-12-2015

I've a question for all you people out there with some more advanced knowledge of how to fancily code up some character wiki pages. I've tried and tried and tried to figure this out on my own, and no amount of prodding around, plugging things in, and summoning of demons to which I must sell my soul google-fu have yielded any positive results.

I'm working on Jaliqai's wiki (linky link) and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way on certain tables to specify column width and/or height. Specifically, the tables I'm trying to do this on are found in the 'Personality' and 'Combat' sections of her wiki. For those who curious, here's what the code currently looks like there.

( Apologies if it's terribly messy and clumsy. I'm an amateur and hobbyist, and not at all well trained in this stuff. ;A; )

Code:
<div align=center><table style="position:center;" width="75%">
<tr>
<td style="vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3><span class="mw-headline" id="LIKES">
<div style="padding:10px 35px;background: #c99f39;font-size:14px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px silver;letter-spacing:0.2em;font-family:Georgia;"><center>LIKES</center></div></span></h3>
<div style="font-family:Georgia;padding:10px 15px 10px; background: #e0e2e5;"><p><b>Hunting.</b> Nothing is quite as thrilling to Jaliqai as the chase. The bigger, nastier, or the more elusive the mark, the better.</p>
<p><b>People-watching.</b> Jaliqai likes to know as much as possible about the people around her. Between jobs, she's often found observing others, trying to get a red on them.</p></div>
</td>
<td style="vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3><span class="mw-headline" id="DISLIKES"><span class="mw-headline">
<div style="padding:10px 35px;background: #c99f39;font-size:14px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px silver;letter-spacing:0.2em;font-family:Georgia;"><center>DISLIKES</center></div></span></span></h3>
<div style="font-family:Georgia;padding:10px 15px 10px; background: #eeeeee;"><p><b>Garleans.</b> After the events that led to the destruction of her tribe so many cycles past, Jaliqai has a deep hatred for Garleans and their magitek.</p>
<p><b>Weakness.</b> Strength was highly valued in her upbringing, and as such, Jaliqai has a distaste for weakness shown in herself or others.</p></div>
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3><span class="mw-headline" id="STRENGTHS"><span class="mw-headline">
<div style="padding:10px 35px; background: #c99f39;font-size:14px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px silver;letter-spacing:0.2em;font-family:Georgia;"><center>STRENGTHS</center></div></span></span></h3>
<div style="font-family:Georgia;padding:10px 15px 10px; background: #e0e2e5;"><p><b>Loyal.</b> Once someone does manage to earn her trust, Jaliqai is a deeply and unwaveringly loyal ally.</p>
<p><b>Observant.</b> There's not much that succeeds in escaping this woman's notice when she's paying attention.</p>
<p><b>Multilingual.</b> Jaliqai speaks her native Xaelan dialect and the Common tongue fluently, and can hold her own in Doman.</p></div>
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3><span class="mw-headline" id="WEAKNESSES"><span class="mw-headline">
<div style="padding:10px 35px; background: #c99f39;font-size:14px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px silver;letter-spacing:0.2em;font-family:Georgia;"><center>WEAKNESSES</center></div></span></span></h3>
<div style="font-family:Georgia;padding:10px 15px 10px; background: #eeeeee;"><p><b>Stubborn.</b> Once she has her mind set on something, it is extremely difficult for her to change it, even if she's proven wrong.</p>
<p><b>Rudeness.</b> Jaliqai doesn't pull punches when she speaks, even with friends and allies. Her sharp tongue certainly doesn't win her anyone's favor very often, and has gotten her into trouble more than once.</p></div>
</tr></table></div>

Ultimately, if I can't, it's not exactly a deal breaker. It just really, really, really bothers me the way the text causes the cells to auto-adjust and I would sleep easier at night if everything could be nice and uniform.

Any takers?

RE: Wiki formatting question! - Oscarlet Oirellain - 09-12-2015

<table style="position:center; table-layout: fixed;" width="100%">

RE: Wiki formatting question! - Jaliqai - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 04:07 AM)Oscarlet Oirellain Wrote: <table style="position:center; table-layout: fixed;" width="100%">

Thank you so, so much! That works beautifully! And seems so simple that I'm entirely embarrassed that I missed it, ahaha.

That said, would there happen to be anything to add that would similarly fix column height?

RE: Wiki formatting question! - Maril - 09-12-2015

A little bit unrelated, but could you enlighten me on how you managed to put up those tabs? I can not seem to figure out this sorcery. It seems like such a good way to segment things.

RE: Wiki formatting question! - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 01:10 PM)Nailah Wrote: A little bit unrelated, but could you enlighten me on how you managed to put up those tabs? I can not seem to figure out this sorcery. It seems like such a good way to segment things.

It uses the <headertabs /> code, which takes every =header= and turns it into a tab. You do need to effectively wrap it in a wikitable though.

RE: Wiki formatting question! - Oscarlet Oirellain - 09-13-2015

<table style="position:center; margin-top: 4.21667px; padding-top: 7.01667px; table-layout: fixed;" width="100%">

<td style="background-color: #e0e2e5;vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3 style="padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">

<td style="background-color: #eeeeee;vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3 style="padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">

<td style="background-color: #e0e2e5;vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3 style="padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">

<td style="background-color: #eeeeee;vertical-align: top;font-size:9pt;font-family:Georgia;"><h3 style="padding-top: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">