Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Heidrek Warsong - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Heidrek Warsong (/showthread.php?tid=13449)

Heidrek Warsong - Heidrek - 09-17-2015

Hello, I'm Heidrek!

Actually, I'm Josh. I'm a mid to late twenties Albertan expatriate who now makes his home in British Columbia. Outside of video games I also greatly enjoy Hockey, Concerts, Comic Books, Wrestling, the list goes on. I've been playing FFXIV on and off since last September and recently returned a few months ago with a computer that won't melt when I try to enter Limsa Lominsa.

I'm an avowed anti-altoholic who will only ever cap one character in any MMO I play. I was a Fury Warrior main in WoW for many years during the BC/Wrath days, and after a few stops in other games like SWTOR and Tera. I have found my one bloke here in FFXIV who I have been slowly getting into the world.

I play a character named Heidrek Warsong. Heidrek is an Ala Mhigan who was born during the early days of the exodus and as result grew up disconnected with the homeland his peers so desperately wanted to reclaim. After a decade where he lived as a nomad, he recently returned to civilization and found himself attached to people and places he never expected. He's also keen to meet new people and is a very flexible character, so it's not hard to get RP going on him.

What about the RP, man?

I would classify myself as a medium-heavy roleplayer. I am generally always in character in linkshells and in the game itself. I do enjoy having an OOC channel or two to talk into for all the inane real life thoughts that cross my head. I do maintain that RP is something I do in the game but it's not the sole reason I play. I'm into the triple thread of RP, PvE and PvP and sometimes I do prefer to just be raiding Alex or mashing faces in the Feast but those occasions are few and far between.

(Probs not in character if I'm jumping around Limsa, tho.)

Combat in RP is something that I'm getting more comfortable with now that I'm going to the Grindstone week in and week out. I am not averse to a fight occurring within the context of a scene as long as we establish the rules OOCly before we proceed. Getting hurt in a fight is natural and again, I have no problem with Heidrek suffering an injury if it helps move a story along. Just talk to me ahead of time and we can sort something out.

Romance in RP is something I've rarely said no to, as it can help your character develop and act in unexpected ways. Our recurring theme continues here, talk to me OOCly and I'd be more than happy to discuss the idea. I have a preference for letting things happen organically and prefer a slow burn to a raging inferno. I'm also not really big on ERP, myself.

Non-romantic relationships? Heidrek went to the Grindstone once and ended with adopting a Mi'qote as his daughter. If that doesn't adequately convince you, I'm cool with the concept.

I find the lore by and large adequate for giving the players the tools they need to write interesting and complete characters. Having RP'd in MMOs for nearly a decade, I'm generally not one to look down my nose at a person for having something that can be a bit wishy washy with what's established, just don't go overboard and I won't have a problem with it.

In summation: I like to think of myself as a chill guy who has seen enough drama and weathered enough firestorms in my life to not really be bothered by the things that happen on the internet. I don't have a need for escapism and don't go into a RP scenario with the assumption that my character is and has to be the coolest guy in the scene. I play games for fun and I'm having a great time with FFXIV.

RE: Heidrek Warsong - Heidrek - 05-11-2016

Woopah! It only took me nine months or so but I'm finally back to give this thread a much needed makeover and to drop some updated information on people.

1. I work disagreeable hours, but I want to RP with you!
It's true! The fact that I work graveyards and afternoons Tuesday-Friday with the occasional extra shift and overtime means that I'm not always available to RP when it's most convenient, but that won't stop me from trying, don't be shy!

2. I finally have a wiki!
This time I didn't even rip the website asunder trying to publish it! Wiki coding continues to be the bane of my existence so it's not fully complete and there are a few things still missing, but you can find it here!

3. I AM THE TABLE TANK!
Heidrek is currently geared at ilevel 215, and despite the face that I have shit luck putting my Anima weapons together. I'm confident enough in my ability to Fell Cleave that I like to let people know that I'm around if you ever need a guy for content. I'm not living on a consistent enough schedule to commit to a static but I'm a chill dude and I won't rage at things if we're having a rough go of it.