Hydaelyn Role-Players
I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) (/showthread.php?tid=13453)

Pages: 1 2

I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - SicketySix - 09-17-2015

Well I've been gone but I'm back again!
*everyone secretly groans*

So wanted to get back into the game again and hey! this time I'm sporting a shiny new gaming PC woot-woot!

So I wanted to switch from PS4 to PC depending on what part of the house my game time is taking place in. Found out I have to purchase another copy of the game for the PC.

Okay, fair enough, 2 different systems.

But hey, before I do that I should get Heavensward as well.
But wait.....I need to purchase 2 expansion packs to play the same content on both platforms!

No. Nope. Don't think so. Not happening. No way. No how.

So what happens if I'm in Heavensward on my PC as a Deathknight and I re-log in on my PS4? To me having to buy 2 of the same expansions pack seems a little much.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Warren Castille - 09-17-2015

You probably hit an error screen and get booted back to the lobby server. That's what XI did, anyway.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Lydia Lightfoot - 09-17-2015

Laptops are a thing. Problem solved. :p

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - SicketySix - 09-17-2015

(09-17-2015, 03:18 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: You probably hit an error screen and get booted back to the lobby server. That's what XI did, anyway.
Well, that would seem, suckish.

(09-17-2015, 03:19 PM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: Laptops are a thing. Problem solved. :p
You are a genius, I can't even.....just genius I'm telling you!
Except for the fact it wouldn't take care of my original problem lol

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Warren Castille - 09-17-2015

Just do some science before you break down, buy two copies and play on both come to a decision. Log in on one, get to Ishgard, then swap.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - SaintEaon - 09-17-2015

Its hard man. I feel your pain I'm on PS4, got a new PC a few months ago that could actually play the game (my old PC was archaic). I'd rather play on PC, but since I have it on PS4 its actually cheaper to just buy a new mouse and keeping using my PS4 over my PC. 

Besides then I don't have to alt-tab to watch youtube while waiting for my more detailed paragraph posters to type.

(09-17-2015, 03:24 PM)Casden Reeves Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 03:19 PM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: Laptops are a thing. Problem solved. :p
You are a genius, I can't even.....just genius I'm telling you!
Except for the fact it wouldn't take care of my original problem lol

Well... having already gotten the full game on PS4 (if I'm reading into your OP correctly), nope, it sure wouldn't. :p Hindsight, though. PC's the best gaming platform!

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Kage - 09-17-2015

If you will be switching from the platform with HW to non-HW, make sure you log out in a non-HW area. You won't be able to log in.

You can play the new class on the non-HW licensed platform but you will not gain exp past 50.

If you contact customer support, you might - maybe - be able to convince them to switch your licenses from PS4 to PC, now that I think of it. It'd be a permanent change if they could even do it, though, and you'd probably have to lie and claim your PS4 died or something. I have no idea if it would work out, but you never know.

Well I'd rather play on the PC over the console so....damn it.
Guess I'm buying both this weekend.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Oli! - 09-17-2015

Just buy it for the PC.

Chatting on a PS4 is supposed to be horrid anyway.

Well I actually use a mouse and keyboard for my PS4 so it's quite easy. But I have the PC in one room with the PS4 in another so just wanted to freely swap between them depending on which room I was in.

But yes, using the PS4 for chat is downright horrid.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Kage - 09-17-2015

This is actually something the devs talked about pre-early access of HW and afterwards. All of the platforms' licenses are separate and you will have (some) problems depending on what you want to do.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Desu Nee - 09-17-2015

Honestly, I would run by support with an excuse of your PS4 dying, or something. Might burn all options before throwing 60 dollars down the drain, as well as paying the PC subscription.

RE: I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not) - Desu Nee - 09-17-2015

Ex-Console user, can confirm chat in Console is horrible. Was relunctant over coming to PC, since I was a big Halo fan, until Halo 4 happened. Haven't looked back since.