Hydaelyn Role-Players
My RP character.... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: My RP character.... (/showthread.php?tid=13489)

My RP character.... - Yunas13 - 09-20-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11758834/

I was testing this look on my main and I love how she looks and the personality I was seeing. I made an alt with the same look but the name is different. I did research on what would be a great last name.

I picked Nadeshiko Yuuka, I love the meaning "Pink-Fringed Carnation, Gentle/Superiority flower." I am going to be leveling her as a SMN/WHM/BLM. I am turning to you guys for ideas! Smile I am thinking of Nadeshiko being a historian, leaving Othard to explore the world due to a strange dream she had been having (Not the one in the MSQ, a different one.), that is just the basic idea so far.

RE: My RP character.... - SicketySix - 10-01-2015

(09-20-2015, 03:18 PM)Yunas13 Wrote: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11758834/

I was testing this look on my main and I love how she looks and the personality I was seeing. I made an alt with the same look but the name is different. I did research on what would be a great last name.

I picked Nadeshiko Yuuka, I love the meaning "Pink-Fringed Carnation, Gentle/Superiority flower." I am going to be leveling her as a SMN/WHM/BLM. I am turning to you guys for ideas! Smile I am thinking of Nadeshiko being a historian, leaving Othard to explore the world due to a strange dream she had been having (Not the one in the MSQ, a different one.), that is just the basic idea so far.
I would need to know more about your RP direction to be able to judge that.
But simply from her appearance, I like it, think it looks good.

RE: My RP character.... - ZacharyVolfire - 10-01-2015

Most arcanist are nerds a historian could work in trying to find the history of primals and beast tribes?

RE: My RP character.... - SicketySix - 10-02-2015

(10-01-2015, 06:39 PM)ZacharyVolfire Wrote: Most arcanist are nerds a historian could work in trying to find the history of primals and beast tribes?

Not only that, but it could also be grounds for IC dungeon running. Something I always thought would be fun but have never gotten the chance to do so.

RE: My RP character.... - Vyce - 10-02-2015

The issue with IC dungeon running is the bosses and the connotations of the dungeon.

Theres a guild I wanted to join until I saw they had listed vanquishing Garuda and being present for the slaying of the Ultima Weapon and a bunch more things. While the Free Companies were present at the -battle- for the Ultima Weapon, it was the PC and the Scions that destroyed it. The PC defeated Garuda himself with the light of Hydaelyn, which none of us possess. You'll even recall it took a full band of mercenaries to stop Titan prior to the PC defeating him.

There is a fine line between what is possible for the rest of us to do and what was only possible for the PC and Scions to do.

RE: My RP character.... - SicketySix - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 12:48 PM)Vyce Wrote: The issue with IC dungeon running is the bosses and the connotations of the dungeon.

Theres a guild I wanted to join until I saw they had listed vanquishing Garuda and being present for the slaying of the Ultima Weapon and a bunch more things. While the Free Companies were present at the -battle- for the Ultima Weapon, it was the PC and the Scions that destroyed it. The PC defeated Garuda himself with the light of Hydaelyn, which none of us possess. You'll even recall it took a full band of mercenaries to stop Titan prior to the PC defeating him.

There is a fine line between what is possible for the rest of us to do and what was only possible for the PC and Scions to do.
Sure there's definitely going to be some "cut & paste" if you RP a dungeon run.
But I personally would battle the regular mobs and maybe even a mini boss (depends) while IC and just run the bosses OOC.

RE: My RP character.... - Vyce - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 01:05 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 12:48 PM)Vyce Wrote: The issue with IC dungeon running is the bosses and the connotations of the dungeon.

Sure there's definitely going to be some "cut & paste" if you RP a dungeon run.
But I personally would battle the regular mobs and maybe even a mini boss (depends) while IC and just run the bosses OOC.
I think they also had Amdapor listed. You can't run a FC through Amdapor...it's lost. Still lost.

RE: My RP character.... - FreelanceWizard - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 01:13 PM)Vyce Wrote: I think they also had Amdapor listed. You can't run a FC through Amdapor...it's lost. Still lost.

I believe the quest lines would disagree with you on that point. Smile Parts, at least, of the Amdapori ruins are accessible as a result of the Calamity and its aftermath. This is a rather significant problem for Gridania, since no one really knows what was sealed up there, and much of what could get in or out might be quite hazardous.

It's a bit off-topic, but IC dungeons are typically "genericized" by those who run them. They're either turned into something else (Praetorium is just a weapons research facility in another Castrum and that definitely isn't Ultima Weapon and an Ascian, Coil is a random Allagan ruin, and so on) or there's an IC justification for why you can go back there (Tam-Tara Deepcroft is a popular spot for dark rituals because of its location, diremires keep reinfesting Toto-Rak, sirens keep trying to retake the abandoned Pharos Sirius, etc.). It's very rare for a group that does content IC to do it "straight," playing it out exactly as the game frames it.

EDIT: Anyhoo, on topic, to the OP: the concept seems reasonable, just be careful with how you portray your magical skills if you want to maximize your RP opportunities. It's already quite challenging to be a White Mage or a Black Mage by the lore; it would be extremely challenging (if not impossible) to write a character that knows and wields both.