Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character, Genderswapped! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Character, Genderswapped! (/showthread.php?tid=13571)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your Character, Genderswapped! - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-24-2015

While the differences are less striking than that of our world, Men and Women in Eorzea still live different lives. 
What would your characters be like if they'd been born of the opposite gender? Would they have the same lives, the same loves? Would they make the same choices, take the same risks?

What of their dress, their personality? IC responses preferred!

--------------------------------------------------

The women turned up their noses as Evander approached, a wide smile on his face and a rose in his hand. 

"Ah, do not turn away so, it is cruel to give one such a brief view of paradise." 

The pair of Elezen turn their backs on the rather short male, "Try somewhere else, Evan, we've heard just about enough of your revolutions." Their faces scrunch up, "And enough with the poetry, it's creepy."

He adjusts his glasses, and straightens his suit, "C-creepy? I'll have you know the as President of the Ul'dah revolutionary council, I..." His voice tapers off as the women scoff and walk away.

He glumly takes one of the seats he has vacated and asks for a drink. Slipping a battered romance novel from his pocket, he begins flipping through it, "Suppose I just need to study more."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Lydia Lightfoot - 09-24-2015

Tomboyish as she is, Callie would probably be pretty much the same if she were gender-swapped, except for minor feminine details such as her hair. As a male, given her size, she would probably be picked on even worse than she gets for it as a female.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Aya - 09-24-2015

"The name is Brock.  Brock Sampson."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Zetchryn - 09-24-2015

Rhay sighed softly, a hand slipping through his long, black hair. He'd taken to wearing it longer, as of late, though it had had little effect. The young Keeper allowed his eyes to flick about the Quicksand, settling on those nearby.

A young healer, he still was ridiculed as 'weak', his clumsiness, which would have been endearing on a female, nothing more then a detriment. He was a 'poor choice' for a mate, and it showed. He even elicited scorn among the other conjurers, his kind still barely welcomed underneath the boughs of the Shroud.

A passing male paused, before smirking slightly and moving up to the Miqo'te.

"Hey there, lass, can I buy you a drink?"

Ugh.

Men.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Aaron - 09-24-2015

Since Aaron is male, Aaron's name would probably have been Aerin which is unisex.

That's pretty much it. His/her attitude would pretty much be the same except during a certain time of the month they'd be even more "leave me alone for crying out loud".

And anyone trying to score would get flicked off. Especially if they weren't the same race.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - SessionZero - 09-24-2015

Reilene sat brushing her raven black hair, staring into the mirror. Her own crimson gaze stared back at her, and she exhaled slightly. The jingle of chainmail rattled behind her, and before she could speak, her husband leaned over her shoulder to peck her on the cheek. "Your efforts are wasted, my dear. Any more beautiful and you would rival Halone herself."

Reilene turned to her husband and smiled. "Ware your words, my lord. They could easily be construed as heresy." Her husband chuckled, standing back up to his full height, and his dark chainmail dyed the colors of House Fortemps gleamed in the daylight filtering in through the bedroom window. 

"If appreciating my beloved's beauty is to be considered heresy, then the Fury may take me and my house, for it should be worth the damnation." He turned and strode gracefully from their bedroom, stopping only to allow two small children to pass. Reilene scooped the children into her arms, moving to follow her husband. She trailed his steps to the front door of their estate, where he stopped and turned back to his family. "Mind your mother, Martilioux, Ceilline. I shall return ere the sun rises on the seventh dawn."

"Fury be with you, my dear. And hells take the scalekin," Reilene replied, smiling. Her husband leaned down to kiss each one in turn, then stepped out of the door, closing it with a sound thud behind him. Reilene watched the door for a moment before setting her children down, shooing them off to play, and tread softly to the parlor of their estate, where a suit of Temple Knight mail was hung with a gleaming steel lance. Running her hand over the mail, she whispered softly to herself, "Would that I could join you my love. Would that I could fly as my father did."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Telluride - 09-24-2015

With visual!

Show Content

And *clunk* went the heels of the thick boots on the table as the long figure leaped upon it, and those who had not already looked their way at the tavern keep's introduction were surely drawn to them now.

Tanned leather and worn, they were, but not so tanned and toned as the skin of their wearer. The eye that might trace the long boots would follow up the tight trousers of black, creep up the voluminous white blouse, and perhaps linger at the ample bosom that acted as if they would peek out of it, but never quite escaping, not entirely. An amulet of finely treated and carved oak rested above the cleavage, daring the onlooker to take overlong to inspect the arrow-pierced musical note that it portrayed.

Then the face would catch attention, open mouthed as if voicing a silent cheer, lips given just a quick touch of gloss, cheeks as tan as hands and arms, with just the hint of weathering that heralds outdoor living. The face was framed by sleek hair, the shade of rich earth, straight but for a hint of wave along its length. Atop the whole was a black hat, wide of brim and pointed of top, set off by a pair of scarlet feathers. She was tall, even for a woman of highland blood, which her pointed features suggested, and leanly muscled, as might befit a messenger, or one who, most likely, walked through fields and paths unnumbered, a survivor.

But then she flung her arms wide, left hand clinging tightly to an ornate lute inscribed with filigree of green, drawing eyes all about, as would a starburst to a roomful of Astrologians.

"Gentles! Belles and Boys! I am indeed Talia Telluride, and it is my most wonderful privilege, and gift to one and all, to be the most un-humble center of your attention tonight!"

She showed teeth with a wide smile, and leaned down, with bent knees, just long enough to stroke the chin of the massive Hellsgard Roegadyn, a man of all bulges and smelling of booze, who crowded the table. His eyes lit up at the touch of the woman's calloused fingers, but went out as she stood up quickly again.

"Oh, I do love the big ones! But you didn't come here to see me drape myself over the local lords... not yet, anyway... so let us have a song!"

She stomped the table once, and brought the lute before her chest (causing a bit of a grumble among some of the nearby fans), and strummed out an opening note, deep and ribald, as the contralto voice filled the room like a mist.

"Over these small clothes, trimmed in lace, I'll slip on my black silk disgrace, cut so low they'll pack the place:

I wanna dress... dangerously.

I need to be reckless, need to be daring, need to take chances, and tempt my fate;

Need to be foolish, need to be to crazy, before it's too late, and I'm past my date.

We'll have aldgoat steak and Madjack Rum, with popotoes and harvest plums, so come on, boy, and get you some:

I wanna eat.... dangerously

I'm just a slave to any desire, and not afraid to play with fire, so come with me and take it higher:

I wanna live... dangerously...

I wanna eat... dangerously...

I wanna love...

Dangerously!"

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Leanne - 09-24-2015

*Clears throat*

Bye mom, bye dad, I'm out to have some adventures!

Aka, Leanne wouldn't change at all. Except her name. It would change to Elliot.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - SM Nick - 09-24-2015

Lol at this because currently Nick is genderbent as a female!

Anyways Nick stays the same as a female, no different than normal as a male.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Eses Fafa - 09-24-2015

If Eses was genderswapped, he would be straight, and a menace to the female population.
One of five things would happen.

1: Eses roams the world, fighting EVIL until he finds the right damsel to keep him tame.
2: Eses dies in that pursuit, because all the damsels are bimbos and fails to find Ms. Right.
3: Eses shacks up with a Keeper, and becomes the househusband due to feminism keepin' the man down...least he gets some, right? ..Right?
4: Eses makes the switch from hero to villain for being a worldwide heartbreaker/harasser.
5: Tiny Fafas everywhere. Ladies, thou hast been warned.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Jana - 09-24-2015

Jana as a male wouldn't have had a very different childhood, still growing up in the Shroud while learning how to hunt, trap, and skin. I imagine adolescence would have been very difficult for... Dina'a with keeper male naming, I guess. Whether he liked men or women, growing up in isolation would lead to him likely having eyes for the first mysterious outsider he sees.

As for young adulthood, I think male!Jana would have still made the trip to Ul'dah and begin life as an adventurer (perhaps even more likely since male keepers are supposed to be solitary).

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Roe Dad - 09-24-2015

*is now Gigantic...* "I now have ham Hocks for fists....huh"

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Warren Castille - 09-24-2015

Even as the red sun descended over the horizon, Thanalan remained near to broiling. Ul'dah flickered and waved in the distance, heat throwing off the proper distance and making the Jewel seem as a mirage. That didn't stop the group of adventurers, men and women from every race and tribe and land, from ordering themselves in a rough, curving line. Beneath bare and booted feet the dust thirsted for sustenance. Soon the desires of the land would be quenched; Blood sweat and tears would always flow free in the Wash.

A highlander woman stood atop a large stone in well-worn black and red chain-and-mail. She eyed the line down one way then the other, one perfectly groomed brow rising at this week's lot of miscreants looking to make a name for themselves.

"Let's get one thing out of the way," she said in a loud, clear voice. The idle chatter stopped as attentions turned in the direction of the woman. "Last time was a warning. Next man to outgrow his britches is going to lose a lot more than a hand." The slight curve of her smile said all else that needed to be said and a low, nervous laughter rippled through the menfolk.

Erin Castille was satisfied with the result. "With that outta the way, then: Welcome to the Grindstone. First rule: No killing..."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Cynel1 - 09-24-2015

the only thing would change would be the name

Cecilla Fenrir

and She would be a bit of a Shrinking Violet.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Caspar - 09-24-2015

Basically no change at all. Virara was raised by someone who didn't see any point in treating her like a person at first, and even given time only treated her as a useful tool and amusing diversion. Her "parent" figure if you could even call her that only ever made Virara feminine looking by tying her hair in pigtails for a certain reason.

This also had a lot to do with her mentor's abnormal outlook and history. Such a person comes to a point where anything conventionally "human" feels wrong somehow. Not that she was born that way, mind you.