Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character, Genderswapped! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Character, Genderswapped! (/showthread.php?tid=13571)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - TheLastCandle - 09-24-2015

I don't think there would be a vast difference, personality-wise. She would be very much a warrior, stoic and proud. She wouldn't be much for makeup or making herself "pretty" in the eyes of men. But she'd have the look of her brothers, dark of hair, eyes the deep blue of storm-tossed seas. She'd be a Navarre.

[Image: MNKopol.png]
[Image: 39S4giI.png]

(I actually underwent this change for several days before this thread. It was.. different. And fun!)

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Miryn - 09-25-2015

He found the young heiress in the garden, sat by the pond with a book in her lap. The air was warm with springtime and Marcus Lecuyer breathed in the heavy scent of flowers as he approached his charge, regretting that the rattle of his mail disturbed the quiet.

"Lady Emmalie, your father wished to speak to- Is something the matter?"

The frown that graced Emmalie's face as she turned to him was possibly the longest Marcus had ever seen.

"Oh, hello. It's nothing, I just..." She paused to fiddle with a curl of dark hair, "I was thinking... You've served by my side for three years now, and I consider you as close as a brother..." She let her hand drop and her expression turned pitiful. "I... I need your advice."

Pride and duty swelled within him and Marcus straightened, one hand planting decisively onto the hilt of the sword at his hip. "Of course, my lady. What is it?"

Emmalie nodded. She chewed her lip. "The newest squires; there's a red-haired lad among them with a hint of the Brume in his accent. You know the one?"

"Reynaud?" Marcus pulled an image of the boy into his mind. He was loud, overly friendly, and had once been accused of stealing a Sohm Al tart from the kitchens but there had been no hard evidence. "What of him?"

"We ran into each other yesterday by the fountain. I think he was trying to sneak extra rolls back to the other squires," Marcus bristled, though Emmalie didn't notice, "but he didn't count on running into me. He..."

Her frown deepened further and Marcus's mouth twisted itself to match. "Was he disrespectful? He dared speak against-"

"No! Nothing like that, he was actually very kind, and I... I just... Marcus, I think I fancy him!"

Her declaration stretched into a silence that filled Marcus with cold, iron dread. He blinked. "You what?" he managed to squeeze out.

"I'm in love!" The knight's lack of comprehension seemed to stir Emmalie to great passion. "He's just so charming, and funny, and I... I need your advice on how to talk to him. How to get him to return my feelings! You're a man, surely you know what men want from women. What can I offer him?"

The chill spread from the top of his head to the tips of his toes. Marcus suddenly felt he'd rather be fighting a dozen wyverns single-handedly than having this conversation.

"I, uh, don't know that I'm qualified to-"

Emmalie clapped her hands together with such vigor that Marcus jumped. "I know! You're fond of the fig jelly from Jacobus's shop, yes? I'll buy some and give it to him; he'll love it!"

Beaming, the young woman wrapped Marcus in a quick hug before she scurried off. She was out of earshot before he found his voice. Instead, he sighed and picked up the tome she'd left behind. The 10 Pillars of Romance was scrawled in golden ink across the cover.

"Perhaps a sister would've kept Lady Emmalie better company than me..."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Kurt S. - 09-25-2015

Fem!Kurt Hahahahahaha...

Hahahhaaa

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

[Image: 7M8sBiW.png]

JUST SWITCH REALLY SINCE ITS THE SAME PERSON ALREADY ANYWAY. THE ONE WITH THE SPEAR IS KAT.

[Image: FfqgT5p.png]

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Marisa - 09-25-2015

I imagine I'd get a lot less "Marisa is soooo cute <3" and a lot more "The **** is wrong with you?" From casually stealing things in plain sight, to refusing to wear pants, and everything in between, I feel like boy Marisa wouldn't make it a day before getting his ass kicked by somebody a lot bigger than him.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Renata Lynn - 09-25-2015

Eorlan Brynn, the only child of Atla and Olaf Brynn. Their son was the pride and joy of them both, and they doted on him ceaselessly.

His father raised him in his own path: a warrior more prone to kill than to kiss, more apt to mug than hug. 

When he was 12, his good pal Elijah arrived in the village, carrying Eorlan's unconscious, nearly dead cousin, Renato. But Eorlan was not a healer and so Renato died.

((yeah no. Glad Eorla and Renata are girls.))

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Hour - 09-25-2015

Ser Doric would probably be the same, I mean-- he doesn't have a lot defining him as a 'man' baring his obvious statue, but Roe's are all massive anyway soooooooooooo.

Yeah, he'd probably be exactly the same, if not with a different name.

What is the feminine version of Doric?

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Melodia - 09-25-2015

Mel looked around the Drowning Wench and grunted as he nodded at Baderon. "Another ale, mate." His red hair had been cropped short earlier that day and he sported the sunglasses he enjoyed wearing despite the hour. His clothing was flashy and he enjoyed the attention. He'd often been on the prowl and the ladies walking through at that moment had caught his attention. "I'll be back, friend....keep the drink cool f'r me." Sliding off of the barstool, Mel walked with an air of confidence and as he got close enough he coughed softly, and with a grin, "Well, ladies, you picked the perfect night to pass through here alone....let me buy you a drink."

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - cuideag - 09-25-2015

[Image: 2.png]

Dietreich Blackstone likely would have faced more pressure from his family to join the Fists of Rhalgr and might have actually made a decent brawler. Had things gone differently, he might have even become an actual monk. His dedication to the art might not have been so great as his brothers, and of course the King of Ruin had other plans for the temple anyway. Chakra or no, one could still find plenty to fight.

He and his family probably would have eventually fled Ala Mhigo, perhaps to settle in with the Resistance in the Shroud. Little Ala Mhigo was a coward's den as far as father was concerned, and his sons would have no part of it, either. So they would put up with the snivelling fools who look down at them in the name of their elementals and work to piece together something to keep them afloat until the day they could return home. Dietreich might have taken up the lance, even, between whatever other jobs he could find: the fist was a true Ala Mhigan art, of course, but there was something just so satisfying about sticking someone with a polearm. And if that someone just happened to be a Garlean, well, that just made it all the better! Hunting Imperials was sure to be a quick way to earn coin and reputation. Maybe someday he'd get it in his head to call himself Grimsong, just so they'd know to be afraid if they ever hear him coming.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Sylentmana - 10-02-2015

Three words: Big Bushy Beard

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Zelmanov - 10-02-2015

Probably unchanged, but perhaps due to just a merit of gender his "Dogged, Obsessive Determination" and "Unflinching fearlessness" may just come off as...bitchy. Also, in terms of physicality, Orianna would be more fitting of a highlander female.

So far I've seen no lore about women in Ishgard going into the military being unfavorable, especially as a dragoon, so that much doesn't change, especially if she is a woman who seeks honor since her background gives her known within Ishgard.

Now, the issue of Orrin's promiscuity being translated across gender lines. I could do a straight translation but when men do it, they are a stud, when women do it, it is viewed less positively. Not saying its right or wrong, just saying that's the way the world is and I do not have the capability to RP in a convincing, positive manner a sexually liberated and powerful woman without it falling apart hilariously. Basically I'd have to give the reigns to someone else.

Or I could go the easy route and just make her as fierce a lover of women as Orrin is, problem solved!

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Virella - 10-02-2015

Virella would had been a Dragoon for certain, as men do seem to be conscripted into the army from what I can recall. Maybe a Temple Knight. Personality wise? I think fairly about the same in truth, perhaps a tad more cocky due to slaying dragons and claiming bragging rights over that. And probably married to some pretty elezen lass, and most likely Vi's male version would have had children already.

Avelyn would be about the same, except that her backstory in Ul'dah would have a massive change, and ended up in the Bloodsands instead of doing all the other nonsense she did. And probably a lot more bastard children around then just one. She'd really remain the same person, I could reroll her as a man and nothing much would change but for some minor tweaks in her background as a whole.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Miko Shiroi - 10-13-2015

Funnily enough, K'heyo was once a female (Khana) before I decided to Fantasia to a male to make myself more comfortable (always liked playing male characters better).

Personality-wise, he really wasn't much different. In fact, I tried to keep the personality nearly the same. His/Her full name was Khana Panipahr, and she was still a loud-mouthed, mischievous, and outgoing Miqo'te Seeker with a fondness for exploring and a knack for communing with the Elementals!

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Khoure - 10-24-2015

well, gender swapping would probably get pretty ugly in a place like eorzea. My characters are all cis as far as I've developed them, so having a different gender would make them trans, and I'm not entirely sure how this world treats that kind of thing. You say opposite, so I assume you mean mtf and ftm and not anything outside of the gender binary.

Lysiette was always a curious soul, so as a man. he would probably not take into account other people's thoughts on things. He'd probably go by "Lys" instead of thinking of an entirely different name than his birthname. I don't think he would experience much if any dysphoria, and so I doubt he would feel a pressing need for transitioning (assuming there's a magical method of doing so). Unfortunately, it's fairly likely that him being trans as well as being dusk wight would work double against him, probably making him much less likely to be as open with strangers as my cis woman version of the character. But to his benefit, his body was already somewhat androgynous in the face and shoulders if not the breasts. He'd probably be the type who is reckless about many things but hyper vigilant about binder safety due to a scare he had during puberty

Synglona was already a bit on the shy side, but as a trans man he would be far more withdrawn so as to avoid harassment. He grew up in a pirate family, and I picture them to be more protective of each other than they are put off by a trans person. So they would be extremely protective of him, especially as he develops into a more female appearing body- spelling destruction to anyone who made comments as to his gender. He would be the type to adopt a different name entirely and probably magically transition as far as he can. However, he would also still like wearing his long hair and more feminine clothing. This would have been a source of shame earlier in life, since he would think that if he liked skirts and blouses then maybe he wasn't a boy after all. But after working through issues to accept himself, he would still only wear feminine clothing alone or with people he trusts. Because, based on sex locked clothing, eorzea is really not cool with men dressing in traditionally highly feminine clothing.

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - Seriphyn - 10-24-2015

Female Kale, AKA Kalea or Kate. She hot af tbh.

[Image: R1d7s77.png]

RE: Your Character, Genderswapped! - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 10:12 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Female Kale, AKA Kalea or Kate. She hot af tbh.

[Image: R1d7s77.png]
Would.