Hydaelyn Role-Players
Salutations! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Salutations! (/showthread.php?tid=13603)

Salutations! - Svarthrafn - 09-27-2015

Hello there! Veteran RPG nerd here, but still -relatively- new to FF14. Joined up a coupla months ago, and it's safe to say that I'm staying. Smile

--MMORPG background

Oh man. I got a super early start with Ragnarok Online -the really old one with the sprites and...rocky levelling progression- and jumped onto WoW in its nascent years (November 23. 2004 will always be special to me). Stuck with WoW for 10+ years while diddling in other MMOs (Neverwinter/Guild wars 2/Star Trek Online) and finally settled on FF14 after being prodded by a friend to try it out. I'm Loving It ™

--RP experience

I used to do alot of this in the early 2000s. Mostly chatrooms/MSN messenger -who remembers this? Big Grin- with friends, LiveJournal -wow I feel old- and forums, etc etc. Sometimes I'd sneak tiny RP bites into Diablo 2 roflstomping sessions with said friends too. Then yeah the 10 years ish of WoW, till I finally left...though I still miss the Forsaken DK I RP'd on Wyrmrest Accord.

And now I'm here on this forum, waxing poetics on how I got my first RP experience on a forum, and now I'm posting on an RP forum again, almost 20 years later. Full circle indeed. ;v;

--Character ideas/info

I play Svarthrafn LongRoegName, a shy, oversized Roegadude and currently one of the heaviest -or so he thinks- objects able to achieve VTOL via dragoon jumps. He also likes dancing and secretly feels proud of himself when he dodges a Bad AoE Thing flawlessly because of mad footwork skills. I'm also trying to in-corporate my bloodthirst and need to go beat up things for loot into his personality ICly. LOOT FOR THE LOOT GOD! ESOTERICS FOR THE ESOTERIC THRONE!

I also made a thing for him on the RPC wiki, so you can go check that out if you so wish. Smile

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Lurked the RPC wiki for a bit, finally decided to go make an account and introduce myself, and here I am.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I can be either of the three depending on timezones and time constraints. Being an adult is hard. Sad I also like to think of myself as pretty open to new RP ideas, but I put my foot down when OOC drama is involved. 

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Currently I have a jerb as a game artist where I make/model/paint nice things to be put into nice games. Also I live in Singapore, so it's a different timezone (+4 to 11 hrs ahead depending), so it's hard for me to join most RP events unless everyone else is a night owl. We're 2 hours behind the Aussies; it is currently 4:22pm where I type this. 

And that covers everything. Look forward to meeting more night owls!

RE: Salutations! - Ardent Dawn - 09-27-2015

Svar! Heart Does this mean that I am being elevated to official translator as you get to meet new people? Little Sister will help!

RE: Salutations! - Svarthrafn - 09-27-2015

Yes! I look forward to the misunderstandings shenanigans accurate translations that will happen!

RE: Salutations! - X'raemha Rhiki - 09-27-2015

Welcome to Balmung~

-tosses confetti at-

(09-27-2015, 12:09 PM)Rosalinde Wrote: Welcome to Balmung~

-tosses confetti at-
 *bathes in the confetti*

RE: Salutations! - Martiallais - 09-27-2015

Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin I hope that pic in your avatar is your character because he looks stoked about something haha.

RE: Salutations! - Roe Dad - 09-27-2015

Welcome to RPC!

RE: Salutations! - Izayoi - 09-27-2015

Oh my, another 10 year wow player Smile There ain't that many of us, welcome to this shiny place ^^

RE: Salutations! - Faye - 09-27-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Salutations! - SicketySix - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 03:04 PM)Ineyo Wrote: Oh my, another 10 year wow player Smile There ain't that many of us, welcome to this shiny place ^^

Thanks because most others have good tasteSmile lol

Welcom to the RPC!

RE: Salutations! - Orphyn - 09-27-2015

Hello fellow new person! Welcome!

(09-27-2015, 02:04 PM)Martiallais Wrote: Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin I hope that pic in your avatar is your character because he looks stoked about something haha.

Yeah it's him. He's stoked because those shades make him look like a handsome devil   he has the owlet minion! Now he needs to farm for the Gaelikitten one...XD

Quote:
Ineyo Wrote: Wrote:Oh my, another 10 year wow player [Image: smile.gif] There ain't that many of us, welcome to this shiny place ^^

Thanks because most others have good taste[Image: smile.gif] lol

Welcom to the RPC!

Hahaha, WoD was the last straw for me. Sad I just didn't want to pay to get disappointed anymore. And yes, this place is indeed shiny and I look forward to eventually meeting and RPing with you all!