Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=13615)

Hello! - Cobra174 - 09-27-2015

I am still figuring out this forum and I posted my character before I even posted here Tongue. I just transferred to Balmung after being on Jenova for my "entire" FF14 experience. I actually just got back into FF14 after a long break (stopped back in November, because I was tired of the grind lol). I found quickly that part of the reason I quit was because it was just the same thing over and over, run here, play fed ex..get punched in a dungeon then repeat. I started to look around, as I wanted to have more of a social experience inside an MMO. So I read around and heard that Balmung was amazing and in addition heard that RP was quite fun..so here we are.   

--MMORPG background
FF14 is actually my very first MMO. I picked it up because my friend told me it was really fun, but I always told my self up until last year when I picked it up that an MMO would take too much of my time. I quickly found I really enjoyed it, but I found my self questioning why there wasn't much socializing inside a big game full of people. I think part of it was the server, there were a few friendly people but more often than not is was all about getting the good gear and hitting max level. So it burnt me out until I just started again and decided to try and find a more "social" server. 
--RP experience
*feels embarrassed* none, at all. I've always enjoyed creating things, so I have done some writing for fun, so creating a story for my character wasn't an issue. Rather, figuring out the roleplaying "culture" so to speak has been the main adjustment, however I adapt quickly so I've spent some time just being a "wallflower" just to "listen" to how people do it. 
--Character ideas/info
I'm going to keep it quiet here Smile I'll save this for the people I meet and talk with. 
--How did you learn about the coalition?
stumbled upon it really. I was looking at different servers to see where I would be able to find a more social server (I'm beating a dead horse here, sorry) long story short, the more I learned about Balmung I'd eventually find this site listed by somebody leaving a comment...so here I am. 
--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I'd like to say Light to Medium. In my mind I'm just IC to any one that RPs, but I can jump out and be OOC with people that don't RP..if that makes sense. This partly may be because I'm not really with a group or really been able to interact with any rolepalyers, so this could be subject to change.  
--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Sure, I love being active, running, going to they gym etc. I am actually switching jobs right now to work for a smaller and newer business as I'd like one day to start my own. I love music, enjoy playing the piano, guitar and even singing. And of course, I'm a huge nerd. I enjoy gaming, some Anime, reading and writing and just having a good time. I enjoy just chatting with people, getting to know them and creating things. That is partly why I wanted to RP, is to create something with other people and to feel a more immersive feel to this MMO.  Overall, I'm just a happy person that can enjoy just about anything. 

Any way, It's good to be here and I hope to get to know some more of you! 

RE: Hello! - Faye - 09-27-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Roe Dad - 09-28-2015

Welcome to RPC

RE: Hello! - Orphyn - 09-28-2015

[Image: tumblr_lhwuibIYu31qf4bql.gif~c200]

Welcome!