Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking "new past connections" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Seeking "new past connections" (/showthread.php?tid=13622)

Seeking "new past connections" - Canis Latrans - 09-28-2015

Coming up with a title for this post was rough! Hard to know the right wording... anyways here's what I am looking for--- Intersecting history! I have been done alot of research on lore and timelines thru Hydaelyn. Points in time I am specificly looking for are the following:

Ala Mhigans: Pre/during the Garlean invasion of 1557. Children and adults alike.    While I have already begun to post about stories in this time frame, adding in names and people of who are actual players would be nice!

Garleans: *Soldiers and citizens, pre-Calamity during the Ala Mihgan Occupation. 
              *Soldiers and citizens, pre-Calamity within the Capitol of Garlemald.
              *Soldiers training or stationed in Xephatol Pre-Calamity.
               *Soldiers stationed in occupied Doma, Pre-Calamity
               *Garlean agents and spies post-Calamity.

Othardians: Pre-Calamity, Doman citizens prefered, all ages/races. Xaelas may be of ones who fought garlean partols, or ones whom had ventured into the city of Doma. Very minimal tribal exposure.

Gridanians: Post-Calamity Adder troops and citizens, pre-2.0 

Would love to talk to you and hear your story here in a message or find me in game!

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-28-2015

Hi there!

I've got a Garlean ass of a [now former] soldier who might be decent for this.

He uh..might have come to have some issues with the Empire (or rather, they have issues with him), but I don't see why that couldn't make things more interesting if you don't mind some of the lore-stretching that happened within the backstory.

Wiki's very outdated in terms of character/history, but if Franz might be a decent match for what you're looking for, hit me up in PMs and we can discuss details!

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Virella - 09-28-2015

Hi there!

I got a 42 y/o Ala Mhigan, a Fist of Rhalgr, would could probably fit in with what you are looking for! Her Wiki is still a massive WIP, but basically she has been trained in the temples belonging to the monks, dealt with the Mad King and the Garleans alike. Also has a rather dodgy history with Ul'dah due to fleeing there.

So if you want an older Ala Mhigan for your roleplay, I'd gladly offer her up! Just give me a shout and we can figure things out no doubt Smile

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Melkire - 09-28-2015

I have a now-deceased Garlean triarius by name of Adin Adonis that would fit the bill for Imperial backgrounds, particularly the following categories:

*Soldiers and citizens, pre-Calamity within the Capitol of Garlemald
*Soldiers stationed in occupied Doma, Pre-Calamity

The character's wiki entry reflects his, ah, post-mortem legacy more so than his life as a citizen of the Empire. Send me a Private Message if you're interested. Smile

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Diskwrite - 09-28-2015

I don't have an Ala Mhigan, but I have a 52 year old Duskwight who went to Ala Mhigo shortly before the Fall! She fought with the resistance for a couple years and such.

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Heidrek - 09-28-2015

Heidrek was a child during the fall and subsequent exodus from Ala Mhigo, his mother stayed behind to fight before his father returned to join her. If you want to use that as a connection for Heidrek or use his parents in a story, I'm game! Thumbsup

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - cuideag - 09-28-2015

Another older Ala Mhigan representing. o/ Known for being very hostile towards the Resistance movement. Gimme a poke if you want a pro-Garlean to play with.

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Canis Latrans - 09-29-2015

Thank you all for your interest so far! I been starting to hunt you all in game to set up chat, if you see me first and have the time but me up too!

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Amielle - 09-29-2015

I have a character, Jennifer Armstrong, that lived in Ala Mhigo when it was invaded.  Her story isn't that well developed yet, but I'm working on it through RP and research.  I don't think I've done anything stupid yet!

I wanted to tag this and just indicate my interest!

RE: Seeking "new past connections" - Rusty Knight - 09-29-2015

I have a 48 Y.O Ala Mhigan Fist of Rhalgr who would be more then happy to share some of his past for the price of a few drinks, name is Leoric Blackdale. Unfortunately he doesn't have a Wiki, but I'd be happy to provide detail it if required!