Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Interest Check - Looking for Any - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Interest Check - Looking for Any (/showthread.php?tid=13724)

Interest Check - Looking for Any - Eratika - 10-02-2015

First of all, I know this is going to be a pretty big endeavor that I am going to be undertaking.  However, I have the time to put into it, and would really like to come into contact with lots of different characters through this project. 

From an In character point of view, I have already been working on this and getting some friends involved.  However, I want to open this up to people who would be interested, whether it’s new characters, old characters or what have you. 

Concept:                       
Crescent Moon Trade Company, is a rather old company which has fallen upon hard times.  The owner, a Midlander by the name of Katla Cartwright is trying very hard to keep her father’s company afloat but is failing miserably.  Mainly due to actions taken by those in ‘higher standing and authority’ in Ul’dah, her attempts at rebuilding have been all but destroyed. 

Enter a Miqo’te couple, who talks her into letting them buy the company, but also allowing her to stay as figurehead.  Her new ‘silent bosses’ instruct her to move the company from Thanalan to Vylbrand, much out of the way of prying eyes in Ul’dah and Thanalan.

Behind the Scenes:

The trade company has two facets:   Legal and Criminal

In other words, the company is now nothing more than a lucrative front for criminal activity aimed at Ul’dah and its rich citizens.  Their primary goal is to thwart trade progress,and other activities that have made Ul’dah the shining example of corruption. (Or at least in the eyes of those backing the company.)

Think Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men.

So if you are interested, then you would have a choice of whether your RP is on the legal side, criminal side or even that one character that just accidentally gets mixed up in all of it.

Right now, I am looking for those that are interested to send me a pm on here, or in game where we can discuss more. 

Some examples of what I am looking for:

Craftsmen; Gatherers; Roques; Assassins; Birds; Pirates;Patrol; Highwaymen; Couriers

These are to just name a few, as I am pretty possible that your character could be fit into this someway, some how.

This is also not a FC, but you will be asked to join a Linkshell (not required, but would be good) so that we are able to plan RP/Events.

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - Faye - 10-02-2015

Interesting, I like the idea! Sounds like they could butt heads with the Turks Smile

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - Zetchryn - 10-02-2015

Interesting. Rhaya is a big (not really) merchant who is slowly growing her clientele and the like. She could easily become involved. At least, in a linkshell if not a FC.

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - Sounsyy - 10-02-2015

This is a cool idea! My own playtime has been kinda limited lately, but if you need a Maelstrom captain whose job is to protect Limsa/Vesper trade routes, lemme know! ^^

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - Fox - 10-03-2015

You're welcome to hit me up; C'sien runs a privateer/pirate crew for the Maelstrom.
The Night Witch

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - arkamas - 10-03-2015

Would it be suitably ironic if regular Jujuwai where to get involved in this?

RE: Interest Check - Looking for Any - Eratika - 10-03-2015

You guys are awesome! I will be hitting you all up in game as soon as I can so we can talk more.  I am seeing lots and lots of possibilities here!

Also Juju, we would love to have you Smile Surprised you didn't say nothing last night when Sai and I were talking about this.