Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Fancy Meeting Ya'll (/showthread.php?tid=13917)

Pages: 1 2

Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Fancy Pants - 10-17-2015

Greetings and salutations mates! You can call me Fancy Pants for the time being, while I hang out around this neck of the woods. As something to note about me - I'm a goof and I like the word fancy. Actually I have a few favorite words, but lets not get into that just now Big Grin. Let's see about me...about me... hmmmmm. Well I'm a long time roleplayer starting out when I was very young with my imagination pretending to be an owl or some kind of dinosaur or other animal and I just never really stopped. To everyone's surprise I was never in drama, but I was in chorus until my voice started breaking, if that helps meet the cliche niches of the school yard. 

As for MMO's I first got into the genre in Final Fantasy XI in Vana'diel and that's actually where I learned about roleplaying as well. I was a kid at the time and I started hanging out with a friend who played a galka there and was taught the ropes. Good times! Roamed around as a hume warrior there and got my feet wet and eventually turned into a paladin knight and then a corsair at the end. And from there I spread out amongst other MMORPG's, but above all the one I champion above all else and compare future games to is SWG (Star Wars Galaxies). There I dove completely into the rp scene and the star wars universe and even got my hands dirty with leading a guild. When SWG was shut down I tried along with the others to bring the community into TOR, but the huge culture shock and the home sickness of losing it all in SWG just crushed any hope of that and we drifted apart sadly. But I hadn't stopped roleplaying in some form or another. In fact it's kind of a criteria for me to get into an MMO that I must be willing to roleplay in it. I've collected many memories in all this time and I hold 'em precious whether they're from the face-palming time of my origins in the rp realm or some of my latest adventures - I wear a smile where ever I go.

Now what brings me to Final Fantasy XIV? Simple! I really miss raising a chocobo and I have been very nostalgic for the old stomping grounds, so to speak. Granted 14 is pretty darn different from 11, for instance the eidolons/primals in this game are apparently evil... well not evil, but they do leech off aether from the planet which I guess is killing Hydaelyn which is a huuuuge bummer. Plus I have some friends that talk about 14 quite a bit and I'm curious :3.

As for my character - I've yet to really decide what I'll be playing, but Im bouncing between elezen and the roegadyn races as my main (would've done Au Ra, but they just aren't beastial enough for my taste Tongue). I think I'd like to be a dragoon. Granted they may not have the wyvern (wyrm) pet from 11, but the class still has its appeal to me and I always wanted to be one. How's the class these days? I also like the dark knight job and even the old paladin as well Smile. 

Now with all that I do bear some bad news. Ya won't see me for like a year in game because Im stepping into the US Air Force around February and need the time to train and get myself settled in the lifestyle. But still when I do jump in I'll do a little dance and begin my journey exploring the game.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Garalona - 10-17-2015

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you when you get settled in and can play!

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Faye - 10-17-2015

Hey there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin I hope you like the game when you get a chance to play!

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Roe Dad - 10-17-2015

Welcome!

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Fancy Pants - 10-20-2015

Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to snooping around here as well. So what's up with the RP community around here anyways? Particularly with the Dragoon/Dragon Knight, Paladin and Dark Knight people. Basically Im asking if there's any organized groups of said people or anything i need to know about these types of jobs/people Tongue.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - SicketySix - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 02:30 PM)Fancy Pants Wrote: Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to snooping around here as well. So what's up with the RP community around here anyways? Particularly with the Dragoon/Dragon Knight, Paladin and Dark Knight people. Basically Im asking if there's any organized groups of said people or anything i need to know about these types of jobs/people Tongue.
As in you approve or.....?

Do I approve? If you mean do I approve of the community - I really can't say. I've just started looking around, but it seems alright. No community is ever perfect and in order to feel apart of it you have to find your place within it. Perhaps I should try to restate myself. Are there any organized groups of dragoons/paladins/dark knights and what's the status of these jobs within Eorzea and the community? I've read up on the lore of what I could find. 

Dragoons are knights that are trained in Ishguard to defend against the dragons/Dravonian Horde by mastering aerial/acrobatic combat with their lance and harnessing the power of the dragons themselves. The most powerful dragoon of all is the Azure Dragoon whose chosen by the eye of Nidhog. Also dragon's blood is apparently also a way to acquire the power of the dragons, but it's highly addictive and even mutates people into dragons and the like.

Paladins are knights of virtue and many are apart of the sultansworn who I don't know much of yet.

Dark Knights are pariahs it seems. They don't really seem to have really any allegiance other than to serve in the name of justice to safeguard the innocent. Many don't make themselves known as dark knights and they harness magic that is fueled by their emotions it seems.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Rusty Knight - 10-20-2015

Wildwood Elezen, Ishgardian for Dragoon if you want to be lore accurate to how the job is advertised, there are a few Ishgardian FCs, the Ishgard RP linkshell is a highly active linkshell to get into. For paladin Roegadyn are the posterboy race and certainly have a lot of flexibility in backgrounds giving you all manner of roles to play, especially a freepaladin!

Also welcome to the RPC! Give me a poke ingame if you ever want some roleplay! Smile

I'm actually leaning to be a wildwood elezen Tongue. I enjoy the forest-people dynamic and the Ishgardians are really, really pale. Plus there's the whole Autumn War and Ala Mhigo potential (probably misspelled that. Plus I don't see why the Ishgardians wouldn't allow a wildwood to become a dragoon if it meant another protector to their ranks. I won't spoil much if any Tongue. I never did like posting too much of any character of mine and prefer to let people find stuff out through interaction and maybe through a profile/journal. Which is hard because I also like to talk about character development and all that :p.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - SicketySix - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 08:38 PM)Fancy Pants Wrote: I'm actually leaning to be a wildwood elezen Tongue. I enjoy the forest-people dynamic and the Ishgardians are really, really pale. Plus there's the whole Autumn War and Ala Mhigo potential (probably misspelled that. Plus I don't see why the Ishgardians wouldn't allow a wildwood to become a dragoon if it meant another protector to their ranks. I won't spoil much if any Tongue. I never did like posting too much of any character of mine and prefer to let people find stuff out through interaction and maybe through a profile/journal. Which is hard because I also like to talk about character development and all that :p.

Yes because about 75% of Ishgard is actually Elezen, Ishgard being an Elezen citySmile Not solely Elezen but they outnumber the other races. All the Higher Noble houses are Elezen I believe

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Garalona - 10-21-2015

Dark Knights are kind of the flavor of the month for obvious reasons TBH, but hey, the glut may have died down by the time you're ready to make the scene. It's kind of a split between those who admit to being one IC and those who just play mercenaries with big ass swords a la Cloud Strife.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Fancy Pants - 05-14-2016

And I'm here folks. I think I'll main my Roegadyn and Elezen. Also why isn't the World Transfer or any of the other services working for me? I get Error 401 every time I try to enter my card info.

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - LiadansWhisper - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 01:56 AM)Fancy Pants Wrote: And I'm here folks. I think I'll main my Roegadyn and Elezen. Also why isn't the World Transfer or any of the other services working for me? I get Error 401 every time I try to enter my card info.

You could try using crysta to do the world transfer, but I'm not sure why it's not working. Error 401 is an old error that popped up in 2013 and I'm not sure that it was ever fully fixed (it's also why I only use paypal to pay for my crysta, because SE gave me such shit about approving my card). Here's what they said on the official forums:

Quote:Payment Method Registration Errors [Error Code 401 and 601]
Hello,

We are aware of a number of customers experiencing issues when trying to set up their subscription for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Customers affected by these issues are receiving either a 401 or a 601 error code message when attempting to enter their payment information.

If you have encountered either of these error messages, we recommend that you take the following steps:

1.) Make sure that you are entering all of your card information (CC#, expiration date, CVV#, etc) correctly.
2.) Make sure that your financial institution has all of your latest billing information (address, name, etc).
3.) Contact your financial institution to make sure there no issues with your account.
4.) After taking the preceding steps, if you are still encountering error code messages, please wait 24 hours and then try again.

For additional support please contact our Support Center here.
When contacting the Support Center, please note that you will need to verify your account information.

None of that worked for me. I highly recommend just buying crysta and doing that.

Also: it's Y'all. Or I'mma take your Southern card away. Tongue

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Fancy Pants - 05-14-2016

Same issue - Error 401 and none of the methods work for me either :/

RE: Fancy Meeting Ya'll - Fancy Pants - 05-15-2016

I did it finally \o/