Hydaelyn Role-Players
Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? (/showthread.php?tid=13947)

Pages: 1 2

Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Mia Moui - 10-20-2015

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

It's a completely different look and feel.  I thought I was on the wrong website for a moment.  I'm not sure if I like it.  It reminds me of a lot of other fantasy MMOs.  But since it's becoming one of the largest, I guess it makes sense to be flashy?

I still probably would have joined FFXIV if this was the page that greeted me originally. I'm torn over whether or not the new front page is the best representation of the game's aesthetics.

What say you?

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Warren Castille - 10-20-2015

Where? I checked out the Lodestone but it doesn't look any different to me.

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Mia Moui - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 02:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Where? I checked out the Lodestone but it doesn't look any different to me.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - -no longer matters- - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 02:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Where? I checked out the Lodestone but it doesn't look any different to me.
I think they mean the new sign up/Trail promo image which is awesome now!!!

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Mia Moui - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 02:51 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote:
I think they mean the new sign up/Trail promo image which is awesome now!!!

Yerp.  I fixed my OP with a link.  It's how I've always entered the site.

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Warren Castille - 10-20-2015

I'M GONNA MOVE MY MOUSE AROUND ON THIS FOR HOURS.

Or minutes. It's neat.

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Kage - 10-20-2015

I think it changed yesterday or within the week. I constantly go to na.finalfantasyxiv.com and i wasn't like this like two weeks ago or so.

Unless I just went "na.final and google auto sent me to the lodestone...

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Ton - 10-20-2015

Just saw it. This looks great. I've often lamented the sort of cluttered administrative look on FF pages, so this is a big step forward IMO. Bouncy

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Austratus - 10-20-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/a_realm_reborn/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/

Old stuff is still there, but the new splash site is pretty neat looking! Thumbs up!

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - SicketySix - 10-20-2015

I highly approve of the new page. Didn't much care for the last one.

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Shoshopu - 10-20-2015

Ohh my god, my poor internets are chugging just to load the images, let alone all the other flashy stuff.

What I'm seeing so far looks really cool, though. I agree it doesn't really suit the game's aesthetic but it sure is fetching.

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Solenne - 10-21-2015

Hmm. I'm not really a fan. It hurt my eyes immediately and made me motion sick as soon as I started moving my mouse around. Admittedly I have super sensitive eyes and get motion sick very easily...

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Edda - 10-21-2015

I still can't get over the BLM casting LB3 in Satasha with a light party. If only any Satasha run was that exciting...

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Aya - 10-21-2015

Wow... they did a terrific job with that! It looks so appealing! Where do I find this game?!?! :-D

RE: Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page? - Kage - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 01:12 AM)Edda Wrote: I still can't get over the BLM casting LB3 in Satasha with a light party. If only any Satasha run was that exciting...
It's probably a Full Party.

[Image: HqZgCLX.jpg]
There's obviously 6. I believe there's an extra person in the back, a skinny WAR. So 7?

There is possibly a sch in the background because why have a freaking light party of 7 when you can have a full party with 2 healers and 2 tanks and 4 DPS D: