Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kit's Hopeful Light - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Kit's Hopeful Light (/showthread.php?tid=14058)

Kit's Hopeful Light - Star Lin - 10-29-2015

(ooc: Joint RP done between Titor, Shin, and Kit/John)

Kit voice sounded over the linkpearl. 'Titor...Titor...John call out, he called out to me.'

"Yes, yes Kit? What did he say?"

'He said to get him out of there.' She run her arm across her eyes. 'I think he knows he's in a dream now. But he started screaming again.' She felt helpless, hearing him scream and beg and she couldn’t do anything about it. 'He sounded terrified.'

"Gah. Are you able to induce a dreamless sleep in any of them? Can you call back to him? Will he hear you?"

'I don't know... will try.' She moves away from the linkpearl, flying up to land on John's chest. She held her hands out, bring aether to her call and try to sleep spell him, hoping it will work.

What happen was not what she was expecting. There was a shadow, though no clear shape to it, and she scream as red eyes look at her. She shot away from it, fluttering as it seems to disappear from John's body, a woman’s laugh following in its wake. She flew over to the others but with each of them, there was that same shadow with red eyes. It seems John was screaming even louder. 'It didn't work...shadow with red eyes. It appears on each of them when I try to use sleep.' Titor would hear her calling out to John again, trying to get him to answer.

"No..." Titor commented into the pearl, before it went silent for a few moments. "I am going to work on a serum that will greatly reduce brain activity. Just enough to hopefully dampen the dreams a bit. I am not sure if it will stop them entirely but-- hopefully it will give them some rest..."

Kit can be heard crying. 'Hope so.' She calls to John again. 'He doesn't want to dream her memories...' her voice trail off in growing horror. 'Titor...she forces him to see her memories.' She reaches a small hand out, feeling his aether because he sounded weak. 'John, we'll get you out, please don't scream anymore.' Each scream seem to make the aether fade a little more.

Titor entered into the medbay about fifteen minutes later, holding a large beaker and carrying his medical bag. He looked quite ragged and sleep deprived, however. "...Hello Kit. I got the serum. It should help quite a bit..." he went over to John, approaching him,

Kit flew over to drop down at the top of the pillow. 'He been talking and screaming. I don't think he hears me but he's trying to get find way to get information.' She reach over to rub his ear. 'Titor here. He has something to let you rest.' She pauses before she begins to rub his ear again. 'He feels weak...' she said looking up at Titor.

Titor took John's arm and cleaned the top of his shoulder slightly, before filling a syringe and injecting it into the Miqo'te. His face was stoical and he made no further motions to express his feelings on the situation. "...That should help, Kit. It will not shut down the dream entirely, most likely, but muffle the thoughts and reduce some of the lucidity of the dream."

Kit watch Titor, still running her hand along John's ear. She tilted her head, waiting for the screaming to stop and for John to start resting. 'How long for it to work?' she asks what felt like a minute later. John was still screaming but the 'talking' between had faded to a stop. She keeps her senses turn to John, but also watching Titor. John still felt like he was getting weaker to her with each scream.

"Immediately." Titor commented, before moving over to the others. He moved over to Rhiawen next, preparing the serum just as he had for John. However, as soon as he reached out for her, Titor too felt the energy drained from him, as he staggered over to the side, trying to keep conscious, but it was futile as his eyes slipped closed and he fell ungracefully to the floor, the beaker and syringes crashing to the floor and spilling the contents into the ground

Immediately didn't seem like what was happening. 'John,' she said, growing more worried. 'But...but he's still screaming and...' she said, turning away from John's ear, in time to see Titor stagger. 'Titor...' taking to her wings. By the time she flew over to him, he had crash to the ground. 'Titor...Titor...wake up...please wake up.' She flew back over to John, hand touch the linkpearl. 'Shin, Kiht'to, someone. Titor sleeping too, can't wake him,' she said, panicking.

The pearl lit, drawing his immediate attention. Relaxing from his training kata, Shin reached up to answer the pearl. "Little one?" His brow rose before he wheeled around, bolting for the door to his room, not bothering to answer. Driving his shoulder into the door of the med bay, Shin stumbled in before looking around quickly to try and spot Titor. "What has happened?! Little one?!"

She flew over from her place at the linkpearl to where Titor was laying on the floor. 'John call me...talk to be between screaming fits.' She was trying not to cry. 'Titor came in with serum he made, help rest ease nightmares.' She pets Titor’s cheek before grabbing the collar of his shirt, trying to shake him. 'Said it would work immediately but John still scream...still growing weaker. Titor came over to give serum to Rhiawen but saw him stagger and now he's sleeping like John and others.'

Kneeling, Shin lifted Titor into his arms and carried him to an empty bed, laying him down. "Chikusho! Why wouldn't he have called for me beforehand?!" His mismatched eyes narrowed before he turned to fetch everything he would need to set up an IV. Grumbling angrily beneath his breath in Doman, he carefully inserted the needle to the bend of Titor's arm and started the drip. "We must stop her soon... Were you able to learn anything from John?"

'Knows he's dreaming. Something about Pick and Howl being with him.' She looks worry as she follows after Shin. 'Couldn't hear me but talk to me between screaming fits. She...she made him 'dream' her.' She looks over at John before touching Titor's face. 'Serum made him stop talking...only screaming now and feel him get weaker with each scream.'

"Then we're running out of time." Expression grim, Shin looked among the beds, taking in each victim. "I will do all I can to save them, I swear it to you, little one. I will not let them fall."

Kit let herself stop being brave and flew up to cling to Shin's neck. 'Please, can't lose him,' she cries. 'Master gone many, many moons. I don't want to lose another. I don't want to be alone in book again.'

Expression softening, Shin reached up to settle a finger gently to Kit's side, afraid of touching her wings. "I promise you, I'll find a way. We won't lose them. Just stay here and watch over everyone. I'll be counting on you."

Kit let herself cry a little more, because she would have to be brave again and watch over everyone. She leans into the touch on her side before taking to her wings again. 'Look after everyone...' she said, giving a Flame salute before rubbing her arm across her eyes to wipe away tears. She flutters over to Titor, fusing over the pillow his head was on before flicker off to do the same to the others. Once she was done with her round, she glues herself back to John's neck, her voice soft as she starts talking to him again. 'Shin said we're going to find a way. So...so just wait a little longer.'

"I will find a way, Kit. I promise," Shin murmured softly. His gaze moved to the victims once more before he turned to the door. "I will consult the others."

RE: Kit's Hopeful Light - Star Lin - 10-30-2015

Kit flew back and forth amoung the beds, always greeting those that came in to check on those in the beds.  Yet she was right back with John, telling him about she had been doing, and hoping that he would wake up.  It did not help her sadness when the package arrive from Jancis.  Safire's training was going well as a defender but he had been thinking of training him as a healer.

Aetheric tears ran down her face as she wrote out a short note for her as sent a reply in John stead.  She only hope that Jancis didn't try to come and help.  It was too dangerous, with the way that the Siren was catching everyone.  Kit gave the reply to the moogle and then went back to her rounds.

Kit had been checking on Rhiawen when she notice Khuj'a come in.  She offer up a sad smile through she moved over to Raimy next.  She took a moment to move his hair away then check the IV.  Once she was sure everyone was as good as they were going to be, she flew back over to John.

She had been speaking to her partner, his screams sounding not as loud.  Kit fused over his hair but pause as she realize how quiet Titor side of the room had gotten.  'Khuj'a...' she called, flying over to the white hair miqo'te.  He look asleep.  'No, no...' she grab his sleeve, pulling with all her might to wake him.  'Not you too...please not you too.'  She race over to John's pearl.  'Shin...Shin, it's Khuj'a...' she said, voice breaking.

Shin's eyes closed as the linkpearl went off, shoulders slumping. "I am on my way, little one." Coming to his feet, he left his room and hurried for the medbay. At this rate, they would soon run out of beds. Pushing his way into the room, he took only a moment to look around before heading to the white haired form slumped in the chair beside Titor's bed. "Hells.."

Kit was beside Khuj'a, hands on his collar to try and shake him awake.  'Came in while checking Rhiawen.  Why...why is she doing this to them?'  She drop down onto Khuj'a clutch hand, frowning at it, and patting it.  'Khuj'a...wake up.  Shin here.'

Kneeling, Shin inspected Khuj'a intently, making note of the same signs that the others seemed to show. Distress, whimpering. But unable to wake. Shaking his head, he rose to his feet again before lifting the small form carefully into his arms. "Because that creature is evil, little one. But we will stop her." Shin's gaze drifted to Raimy, brow creasing with pain before he looked away. "...I will find a way."

Kit settle onto Khuj'a's shoulder.  'Hate her...trying to take away everyone.'  She ran her hand along his ear as Shin move the young miqo'te to another bed.  'Khuj'a holding something.  Hand is too tight.  Didn't see if he brought in anything.'  She was still frowning at the hand.

Nodding as he placed Khuj'a in the bed, Shin bent to examine his hand. "Saa, he is holding something." Frowning faintly, he set himself to gently prying the young miqo'te's fingers open in an effort to seize what he was holding.

Kit's wings stiffen at the first bit of glow before hissing as she had done before when they remove the same glowing crystal from John.  'It's crystal...why he have crystal?  Thought all of them was found?'

"They should have been." Scowling, Shin pried the crystal from Khuj'a's fingers. Holding his breath as he snatched the thing up, as if half expecting that he himself should fall into the same state as it touched his skin. Holding it as he might have handled an armed ceruleum charge, he stepped back from the bed. "I must take this to the lab to be contained."

'Be careful...if, if she catches you...' she couldn't finish as she turn to start fusing over Khuj'a.  'John be upset that she hurting everyone.'  She flew up, 'I'll watch over them.'  She gave Shin a watery smile before she launch herself back to John, burying her face back into his neck.

"I will be safe." He had to be. Because if he fell, who would look after all of them? Taking a deep breath, Shin hurried from the medbay, his steps directing him to the lab. He had to contain this last fragment before he did anything else.