Hydaelyn Role-Players
Questions about Balmung Realm - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Questions about Balmung Realm (/showthread.php?tid=14072)

Questions about Balmung Realm - Ozma - 10-29-2015

I'm planning on moving to Balmung but had a ton of questions I wanted to ask, questions that I seem to keep forgetting only to be remember to ask but then forget it by the time my shift ends and I go home. Not sure if threads like these are ok but I figured I'll just make a thread and ask questions here as the questions lights up in my head. 

So the first question. In Balmung what kind of player created organizations are there? Or do players join canon established organizations like the Brass Blade, Corpse Brigade, etc? 

What kind of religions are there in Balmung? For each city states?

RE: Questions about Balmung Realm - LiadansWhisper - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 08:25 PM)Ozma Wrote: I'm planning on moving to Balmung but had a ton of questions I wanted to ask, questions that I seem to keep forgetting only to be remember to ask but then forget it by the time my shift ends and I go home. Not sure if threads like these are ok but I figured I'll just make a thread and ask questions here as the questions lights up in my head. 

So the first question. In Balmung what kind of player created organizations are there? Or do players join canon established organizations like the Brass Blade, Corpse Brigade, etc? 

I mean, if you've played the game, you know what kind of religions are out there, and you should know what kind of NPC-run organizations there are in the world.  As far as player-made organizations, the Linkshell Hall has an extensive list of Balmung-based linkshell groups and Free Companies.  There's a ton out there.

RE: Questions about Balmung Realm - Warren Castille - 10-29-2015

I can verify that there's a fair few of Brass Blade and Sultansworn roleplayers.

I can think of one player-made organization, but the name eludes me. Grand... Grande... Ground...rock? Groundmortar? G...

Something with a G.

RE: Questions about Balmung Realm - Sounsyy - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 08:25 PM)Ozma Wrote: So the first question. In Balmung what kind of player created organizations are there? Or do players join canon established organizations like the Brass Blade, Corpse Brigade, etc? 

I think there's a sufficient mix of both - player created organizations like free companies, merchant trade groups, Grindstone arbiters..., etc. As well as large groups of RPers who play as Brass Blades, Sultansworn, Wood Wailers, Yellowjackets, etc. If it's represented in game, I'm sure there's someone out there who RPs it.

As far as religions go, I think most people stick to the canon religions of the game. If you're curious about Eorzean religions, I'd check out this thread.